Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 6th Nov 14, 4:53 PM
    • 8,400Posts
    • 47,236Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!
    • 6th Nov 14, 4:53 PM
    Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!! 6th Nov 14 at 4:53 PM
    This is my 2nd diary on MSE. My first diary, "When I asked for luck I didn't mean the bad variety!!" has to be closed as it's reached over 5000 posts!! It can be found here;

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3911061

In 2011 my Husband had a motorcycle accident resulting in a severe brain injury, memory problems and Epilepsy. Unfortunately he is getting worse not better and I am now his full time Carer, which can be challenging, but I'm ever grateful he is still here! I also have 2 boys aged 10 and almost 5, a part time job and I'm currently a Beaver Leader but I've just given notice to leave at Christmas (as much as it pains me!) as I just can't manage that too. The last 3.5 years have been hard going for lots of reasons, but worth it. Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day!!

At the time of the accident we owed over £23,700 on credit cards and we currently owe just over £3000. Hopefully this diary will see us getting debt free forever! I hope you'll join me.

Lucky Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0

NSDs achieved in December 1/5
    Lbs lost 10/107.
Page 200
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 27th Nov 17, 9:37 PM
    • 8,400 Posts
    • 47,236 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Thanks all.

Beanie, Master O prefers the cardboard inner tube to the actual tissue .

Mrs H, DH is loaded with cold and has literally just had a partial seizure a few minutes ago . 4th Ďepisodeí so far this month, same as last month.

Forgot to say earlier, Iíve booked pantomime tickets for December. They are normally £26 each making it over £100 for a family of four, but they are doing a one off charity performance with all profits going to local charities, for only £9 per ticket. I managed to get straight on after hearing the announcement, and got quite near the front for £36 for all of us .

Lbs lost 10/107.
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 27th Nov 17, 9:40 PM
    • 2,217 Posts
    • 10,616 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    That's great about the panto tickets, it's always nice to go at Christmas .
    My Diary http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5716867
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 DEBT FREE 31 October 2017
    NEW GOALS - Build an Emergency Fund & Loss of Income Fund
    Emergency Fund 1 = £818/Emergency Fund 2 = £203.76
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 27th Nov 17, 9:49 PM
    • 4,726 Posts
    • 28,127 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Great bargains re loo rolls and panto We went to panto last Christmas, really enjoyed it.

Boo to Mr Lucky's partial seizure though
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £20.70
    December 3 NSD
    Weight loss 2/7lbs
    Mr SA finally in remission December 2013
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 27th Nov 17, 9:55 PM
    • 49,020 Posts
    • 181,958 Thanks
    beanielou
    Boo to DH.
    Yah for the panto tickets though
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 28th Nov 17, 7:59 PM
    • 8,400 Posts
    • 47,236 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Iím absolutely loaded with cold . Feel totally carp.

Weather has been horrible here today. A mixture of hailstones, heavy rain and snow on and off all day. Havenít ventured far, just took Oakley to get his hair cut and did school runs. Fell asleep on the sofa mid afternoon .

DH has been a bit muddled up today, saying things like ďpass me my YouTube pleaseĒ instead of ďpass me my drink pleaseĒ. It doesnít even make sense most of the time, the words arenít even similar.

Lbs lost 10/107.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 28th Nov 17, 8:08 PM
    • 49,020 Posts
    • 181,958 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope you are on the mend soon.
    Take care xx

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 28th Nov 17, 8:20 PM
    • 2,217 Posts
    • 10,616 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    Hope you feel better soon Lucky, I expect the weather isn't helping. Hope DH feels less confused soon too.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 28th Nov 17, 8:28 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 2,813 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Hope you're feeling better soon

There's loads flying around

x
    ďOnce you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.Ē
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 28th Nov 17, 8:57 PM
    • 4,726 Posts
    • 28,127 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Get well soon Lucky. There's something going round at the moment yet again.
    December 3 NSD
    Weight loss 2/7lbs
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 30th Nov 17, 2:16 AM
    • 8,400 Posts
    • 47,236 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Canít sleep because I canít breathe with this stupid cold .

Got a fair bit of paperwork sorted yesterday. Rang DWP (30 minute wait to get through ) to talk to them about stopping the mortgage support interest. It looks like they might still be able to pay it until April even if I change my mortgage deal now, because Iím not taking on more borrowing or changing the remaining term . This is even better than Iíd hoped. I then accepted the new mortgage deal with the bank, and thatís all in hand.

DS1 has been selected to participate in a ĎNight at the Museumí event run by the University. He will literally be sleeping in a museum and they have loads of activities planned. Only 2 from his school have been chosen (proud Mum), and despite it not happening until February, Iíve had a load of online forms to fill in so I got through those while I felt too ill to do much else.

I also did some surveys in the hope of hitting payout in time for Christmas.

I used the Arg0s £5 off code they sent me to get 2 Christmas presents. £15 each, reduced to £7.50 and then £5 off, meant I got £30 worth of kit for £10!.

Picked up DHís prescription. Consultant has given the go-ahead to increase one of his meds by 25mg twice daily to try to allieviate the angry outbursts. All good apart from the pharmacy have dispensed all 25mg tablets, meaning that to have the 200mg heís supposed to actually have twice a day now, heíll have to take 16 tablets . Thatís on top of the other 15 he takes for other things .

Lbs lost 10/107.
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 30th Nov 17, 2:20 AM
    • 8,400 Posts
    • 47,236 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Oh, and I cancelled car tax DD, so that I can start paying monthly instead. Must remember to sort that on Friday. Xx

Lbs lost 10/107.
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 30th Nov 17, 7:10 AM
    • 4,428 Posts
    • 13,823 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Hope your feeling a bit better and managed to get some sleep.

Fantastic news about DS night in the museum sounds like great fun. to DH meds hope docs can sort it so he takes less pills at once.
    Be mindful of your self-talk. It's a conversation with the Universe."

Debt free and saving for my future
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 30th Nov 17, 4:05 PM
    • 49,020 Posts
    • 181,958 Thanks
    beanielou
    So do the DWP pay that as a loan then?

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 30th Nov 17, 8:22 PM
    • 8,400 Posts
    • 47,236 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    So do the DWP pay that as a loan then?
    Originally posted by beanielou
    No, until 6th April it will just be paid as it is now. After that they wonít be paying anything because Iíve said I donít want to participate in the new loan scheme. I thought payments would stop immediately because Iíve changed the mortgage deal, but they said they can probably still pay it until the new scheme comes into force. They wouldnít guarantee it until they have paperwork from mortgage provider, but as Iím not increasing the amount borrowed or time taken to pay it back it should be fine.

Been in bed most of the day. This is definitely more than just a cold . Means Iíve had a NSD though. Silver linings and all that!

Lbs lost 10/107.
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 30th Nov 17, 8:55 PM
    • 2,217 Posts
    • 10,616 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    Great news about DS sleeping in the museum, that sounds really fun .

Poor Mr Lucky it must be hard having to swallow all those tablets . I do hope it stops the angry outbursts though.

I hope you get better soon, it's horrible being ill .
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 30th Nov 17, 9:10 PM
    • 4,726 Posts
    • 28,127 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Not good news that you still feel poorly I hate having a blocked nose

Hope Mr Lucky's upped dose of meds work but what a palaver all those tablets! I'm trying to get Mr SA off all his meds by the end of next year when he'll have to start paying as his 5 years free because of cancer is up. Unbelievably he's only on anti depressants, high dose vitamins and Omniprazole. He's got a shunt in his brain to stop fluid build up so doesn't need brain meds thankfully.

Night at the museum sounds so exciting for DS1, he'll love it!

Hope you feel better soon xx
    December 3 NSD
    Weight loss 2/7lbs
    • Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 1st Dec 17, 5:59 AM
    • 4,117 Posts
    • 22,841 Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    Hope Mr Lucky's upped dose of meds work but what a palaver all those tablets! I'm trying to get Mr SA off all his meds by the end of next year when he'll have to start paying as his 5 years free because of cancer is up. Unbelievably he's only on anti depressants, high dose vitamins and Omniprazole. He's got a shunt in his brain to stop fluid build up so doesn't need brain meds thankfully.
    Originally posted by Sun Addict
    Can you not get Mr SA a pre-payment certificate - https://apps.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/ppcwebsales/patient.do

My DH pays £10.40 per month (for 10 months of the year) and gets all his prescriptions included in that price.

If we didn't do this it would cost about £60 per month on prescriptions as DH has quite a few but probably not as many as Mr SA and definitely not as many as Mr Lucky
    Ninja Saving Turtle No. 15 for November
    NSD - 1/15
    (up to 01/11/17)
    My Diary is here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2175629 (Eager Elephants Effective Everyday Excursion)
    • Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 1st Dec 17, 6:02 AM
    • 4,117 Posts
    • 22,841 Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    No, until 6th April it will just be paid as it is now. After that they wonít be paying anything because Iíve said I donít want to participate in the new loan scheme. I thought payments would stop immediately because Iíve changed the mortgage deal, but they said they can probably still pay it until the new scheme comes into force. They wouldnít guarantee it until they have paperwork from mortgage provider, but as Iím not increasing the amount borrowed or time taken to pay it back it should be fine.

Been in bed most of the day. This is definitely more than just a cold . Means Iíve had a NSD though. Silver linings and all that!
    Originally posted by please-let-me-be-lucky
    Glad you have made the decision Lucky, DWP will keep paying, its only if people remortgage and take on more money that they wont pay anything towards the extra but they would still pay the amount they were originally.

I bet they weren't expecting your call so early on in the announcement, I doubt many people even realise this is happening.

Excellent news on DS' trip to the museum - he clearly is very charming at school, shame the same is not at home!!!

Hope you feel better soon - remember to rest and keep hydrated.
    Ninja Saving Turtle No. 15 for November
    NSD - 1/15
    (up to 01/11/17)
    My Diary is here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2175629 (Eager Elephants Effective Everyday Excursion)
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 1st Dec 17, 8:42 PM
    • 4,726 Posts
    • 28,127 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Will do the prepayment if he's still on the meds next year EE - he's got them free until December 2018.
    December 3 NSD
    Weight loss 2/7lbs
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 1st Dec 17, 9:13 PM
    • 8,400 Posts
    • 47,236 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Heh heh EE, you clearly have the measure of my DS1 .

Feeling better today in that I can stand up without feeling faint and wobbly, though still loaded with cold and have a hacking cough.

Havenít done a lot today. Picked DHís bigger tablets up and got some milk etc. Hoping Iíll be well enough for my date with Mr Collins tomorrow night.

Started the monthly payments for car tax today and have been kept busy with advent competitions too Xx

Lbs lost 10/107.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

264Posts Today

1,606Users online

Martin's Twitter