Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 4th Nov 14, 2:19 PM
    • 47,647Posts
    • 172,666Thanks
    beanielou
    Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.
    • 4th Nov 14, 2:19 PM
    Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou. 4th Nov 14 at 2:19 PM
    My first thread on the MFW board!!
    My mortgage has 6 & 1/2 years left to run.
    My income seems to decrease more & more & it becomes more & and more of a challange to pay my hefty(to me) mortgage.
    I have managed an overpayment last month as I got some £££'s unexpectedly.
    My biggest fear is not being able to pay my mortgage & loosing my home.
    So I have decided that baby steps are the way forward~even a fiver or a tenner overpaid in a month is better than nothing.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
Page 141
    • Pooky
    • By Pooky 6th Oct 17, 8:17 AM
    • 6,713 Posts
    • 41,429 Thanks
    Pooky
    No matter what the price do not buy from b et ter. L I f e. The most hideous customer service ever, plenty of people have complained about them on here and other forums.

In my experience too the arms on the seat really do get in the way when you're trying to get it in and out the car, so if you don't need them, don't put them on.

All the mobility shops here have fab staff and will happily help you find what you need. DH has a huge on road scooter that we saw online and our local shop got one in for him to try and when they couldn't match the online price they gave us free servicing for a couple of years to help. His smaller scooter is the same model as he used with shop mobility and liked, we're on the third one of those now as they get a lot of use....most recent one is second hand but was virtually new and a bargain at £200.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
    • ZTD
    • By ZTD 6th Oct 17, 12:23 PM
    • 23,145 Posts
    • 39,985 Thanks
    ZTD
    No matter what the price do not buy from b et ter. L I f e. The most hideous customer service ever, plenty of people have complained about them on here and other forums.
    Originally posted by Pooky
    Yes, I put the link in just as they had the specification up front on their web page, and not buried within a pdf which burbled on about everything. No recommendation either express or implied.

In my experience too the arms on the seat really do get in the way when you're trying to get it in and out the car, so if you don't need them, don't put them on.
    Looking at all these scooters and thinking "That's not how I would do it" and "Wow - that's expensive." I think I have an opportunity for when I stop working. Maybe something like a La-Z-Boy with wheels and a motor...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 6th Oct 17, 5:34 PM
    • 47,647 Posts
    • 172,666 Thanks
    beanielou
    Yes, I put the link in just as they had the specification up front on their web page, and not buried within a pdf which burbled on about everything. No recommendation either express or implied.

Looking at all these scooters and thinking "That's not how I would do it" and "Wow - that's expensive." I think I have an opportunity for when I stop working. Maybe something like a La-Z-Boy with wheels and a motor...
    Originally posted by ZTD
    Hurry up Mr Z & stop working now
    Disabilty scooters need you more

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • ZTD
    • By ZTD 6th Oct 17, 8:10 PM
    • 23,145 Posts
    • 39,985 Thanks
    ZTD
    Looks like it has already been done...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P9qVVDRvto
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 6th Oct 17, 8:33 PM
    • 47,647 Posts
    • 172,666 Thanks
    beanielou
    Looks like it has already been done...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P9qVVDRvto
    Originally posted by ZTD

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 6th Oct 17, 8:38 PM
    • 47,647 Posts
    • 172,666 Thanks
    beanielou
    Pooky~~it was c3re c0 I was originally looking at but their return fee was shocking so that is off the list now.

• doingitanyway
    • By doingitanyway 6th Oct 17, 8:42 PM
    • 1,966 Posts
    • 8,985 Thanks
    doingitanyway
    Hoping you get the scooter you want. It will be great to minimise the falls...
    JANUARY 2016/SECURED DEBT=24,822/September 2017=5,250
    MORTGAGE FREE 25/07/16
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 6th Oct 17, 8:46 PM
    • 47,647 Posts
    • 172,666 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hoping you get the scooter you want. It will be great to minimise the falls...
    Originally posted by doingitanyway
    It will be.
    That is what I am focussing on.
    It is what it is.

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 8th Oct 17, 8:40 PM
    • 47,647 Posts
    • 172,666 Thanks
    beanielou
    Today although difficult for me has proved to me I am doing the right thing.
    Two piddly diddly shops and I was done.
    White as a sheet I was told & done just done.
    It is what it is.

• ZTD
    • By ZTD 8th Oct 17, 9:35 PM
    • 23,145 Posts
    • 39,985 Thanks
    ZTD
    Today although difficult for me has proved to me I am doing the right thing.
    Two piddly diddly shops and I was done.
    White as a sheet I was told & done just done.
    It is what it is.
    Originally posted by beanielou

Are you coming down with something?
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 8th Oct 17, 9:57 PM
    • 47,647 Posts
    • 172,666 Thanks
    beanielou

Are you coming down with something?
    Originally posted by ZTD
    No.
    Too much walking

• Butti
    • By Butti 8th Oct 17, 11:20 PM
    • 4,493 Posts
    • 11,800 Thanks
    Butti
    Watched a programme this morning on Billionaires and the problems they have. Basically trust and paranoia and a very large security bill. Did have some comedy gems - the bloke they spotted in the back garden. They thought he was a burgler. Turns out he was an assassin.

See, there are some problems we DFW'ers don't need to worry about!
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. (08/12) £22,734. (10/14) £9127 (2/15N )£7790
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S MOB NSD June 2/7
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 9th Oct 17, 7:47 AM
    • 4,414 Posts
    • 24,620 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Beanie do you have a local mobility shop where you can go to look at scooters or they bring them to you? The shop brought a selection to our house for Mr SA to try (although his is rented). They often do refurbished ones for around £375.
    Virtual Sealed Pot £656.24
    October NSD 3/15
    Weight loss 0/7lbs
    Mr SA finally in remission December 2013
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 9th Oct 17, 7:34 PM
    • 47,647 Posts
    • 172,666 Thanks
    beanielou
    Beanie do you have a local mobility shop where you can go to look at scooters or they bring them to you? The shop brought a selection to our house for Mr SA to try (although his is rented). They often do refurbished ones for around £375.
    Originally posted by Sun Addict
    Went today.
    Was a bit of a disaster.
    I cannot lift even their lightest weight one enough to get in the boot.
    To have a hoist fitted is £1, 300.
    All happened at wrong time as I have not long got the new car.
    I could have cried & nearly did.
    The whisper (or similar name) which they dont do but had one in for repair was so light weight it is liable to tipping which you could see. It was in for repair as had tipped & broken & injured person on it
    Gutted to be honest.
    Not sure where to go from here.

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 9th Oct 17, 7:35 PM
    • 47,647 Posts
    • 172,666 Thanks
    beanielou
    Watched a programme this morning on Billionaires and the problems they have. Basically trust and paranoia and a very large security bill. Did have some comedy gems - the bloke they spotted in the back garden. They thought he was a burgler. Turns out he was an assassin.

Originally posted by Butti

Every cloud...........

• Pooky
    • By Pooky 9th Oct 17, 8:19 PM
    • 6,713 Posts
    • 41,429 Thanks
    Pooky
    We're having a hoist fitted for £200 and that's a heavy weight one, a lighter one is only £175 currently on the scheme. Look at swapping the car - they will help you find the right car and hoist for you. Honestly it's a life saver x
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 9th Oct 17, 8:32 PM
    • 47,647 Posts
    • 172,666 Thanks
    beanielou
    Unfortunatly I have only had car about five weeks.
    I was hopping when car ordered that I would not need scooter so soon.
    As you know last big fall I had was not the best & really shook me up.
    Also I had no idea that so called light weight scooters so heavy.
    To be fair the mobilty place we visited were helpful & honest & would not have let me buy the scooter anyway. Not many places you could say that.

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 9th Oct 17, 8:34 PM
    • 47,647 Posts
    • 172,666 Thanks
    beanielou
    We're having a hoist fitted for £200 and that's a heavy weight one, a lighter one is only £175 currently on the scheme. Look at swapping the car - they will help you find the right car and hoist for you. Honestly it's a life saver x
    Thanks as always Pooky.

• ZTD
    • By ZTD 9th Oct 17, 11:37 PM
    • 23,145 Posts
    • 39,985 Thanks
    ZTD
    An "I failed ninja school" assassin apparently.

Went today.
    Was a bit of a disaster.
    I cannot lift even their lightest weight one enough to get in the boot.
    Yes, they do all seem rather heavy. And again I can't understand why. A full-size carbon road bike weighs 8kg, which shows what's possible.

The whisper (or similar name) which they dont do but had one in for repair was so light weight it is liable to tipping which you could see. It was in for repair as had tipped & broken & injured person on it
    Yes, those two front wheels close together didn't look that grand.

Gutted to be honest.
    Not sure where to go from here.
    Pooky's hoist is a possible path forward.
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
    • Karmacat
    • By Karmacat 10th Oct 17, 12:26 PM
    • 27,837 Posts
    • 152,548 Thanks
    Karmacat
    Beanie, so sorry the times are so troubled for you I wish I knew a way forward that would help.
    Retired August 2016
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

314Posts Today

3,846Users online

Martin's Twitter