Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 4th Nov 14, 12:03 PM
    • 548Posts
    • 1,358Thanks
    AleMrsT
    Mini meltdown and light bulb moment
    • 4th Nov 14, 12:03 PM
    Mini meltdown and light bulb moment 4th Nov 14 at 12:03 PM
    Hi everyone,
    I posted on the forum yesterday and after some soul searching, I have contacted Step Change and am now in the initial stages of sorting a Debt Management Plan. The guy was really helpful, and said I am definitely taking the right steps for the circumstances, and I need to put me first.
    To get it all out in the open and off my chest is going to be the second box ticked on my 'getting my life on track' checklist.
    Number one was admitting that I cannot do this any more. I can't work full time any more, and I can't carry on getting in debt to pay debt.
    With my health deteriorating, I knew I needed to do something, but knew too that I just could not afford part time wages.
    I've figured it out so that I can reduce my hours by one day a week, meaning less sick days overall, so not too much of a pay reduction, but still less money than I need to service my debts with the increasing interest.
    So, Step Change are putting me on Debt Management Plan, it will take me a long time to pay it all off, but least it will be manageable, affordable and I wont have any more mini meltdowns.

The next step is to have a big chat with the OH, which is the part I'm looking forward to the least. I married him knowing he has an IVA, and that he has 'around £15000' of debt, but I have no idea about anything else, when it will be paid off, how much he's paying, etc, so I want us to sit and have an open chat about the complete bigger picture, so that we can really start to get to grips with everything. I also want to encourage him to embrace being more frugal, I have really tried, I've saved on food shopping by cooking from scratch, with using up what we have, and selling things on ebay to raise money for Christmas, but he's bought a coffee machine, sofa cushions and a wii U, which has thoroughly CHEESED ME OFF. So, a big chat is needed there. (to be fair, I agreed to the Wii U, he had a bonus from work and we have sold the Wii).
    I already feel a bit better, I'm off to Barclays this afternoon to set up a 'basic cash card account' so that I can transfer my PayPal funds and start my (long) debt free journey.
    I will try and update here when I can, but figures as at today are (taken off my Noddle credit report, not called for accurate balances from bank or CC company):
    Loan £2176
    OD £1050 (this is my OD limit, no idea how far into it I am, I daren't look!)
    N CC £2389
    H CC £1971
    TOTAL £7586.

I am so looking forward to having a bank account without a negative balance!!
    Last edited by AleMrsT; 06-11-2014 at 10:26 PM.
Page 23
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 8th Oct 17, 8:13 PM
    • 548 Posts
    • 1,358 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    Weekend Update
    I forgot to track how much I spent on Friday, I paid cash and lost the receipt, but it wont have been more than £5 as I don't usually carry much cash

OH went out on Friday night with work so I stayed over at his work for free, I went to the gym and spent time in the spa, then had a meal in the restaurant. £25.50 spent on dinner but OH paid

Saturday was a hospital day so £6 spent in parking (again OH paid), we came home from the hospital and got straight into bed as we were both so tired, woke up at 6.30 after a 3 and a half hour nap!

Today OH is back at work on the late shift so I've been over to my mums with my sister, mum cooked dinner so today has been a NSD.

It was time for my DMP budget review which I have filled in, as my wages have increased my DMP payment has also increased by £15 to £98 a month, bringing my DFD forward by 8 months to September 2021. Only 4 years to go!!

It originally increased the payment to £159 per month, but I didnt want to leave myself too short by overcommitting on the DMP, I'd rather increase by a smaller amount and save any surplus towards the christmas and emergency fund pots. I'm going to be paying the DMP for ages anyway, I might as well finish paying it off in line with the payment defaults falling off my credit file.

As is standard when I'm checking in here, I have a pile of ironing to do Then I'll be off to bed soon as I'm still feeling really tired despite all of the sleep I've had this weekend. The weekend has flown by, I can't believe its Monday again tomorrow!

Ah well, only 4 more working days then I've got a week off with OH and we have no plans other than one night away which is all paid for.
    Debt @ LBM Nov 2014 £7586.85
    Start of DMP Jan 2015 £7202.85 now £4348.60 (£2854.25 PAID)
    Italy 2018 £2103.44 now £0 (Thanks PPI!)
    Christmas shopping budget £167.51 (plus £47.21 Amazon vouchers/survey vouchers) / £150
    Emergency Fund £0/£600
    Christmas 2018 £0/£400
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 11th Oct 17, 12:17 PM
    • 548 Posts
    • 1,358 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    Midweek Update
    So it's Wednesday again, my day off. We've had the grocery shop delivered this morning and the estate agents have been round to do an inspection.

Monday was a NSD for me.

We did the online grocery shop, haven't done one for ages, £129.79 spent.

Seems a lot but we also stocked up on toiletries too so £47.78 of that was for toiletries!!! I like to go to savers but OH is such a brand snob, at least we have enough toilet roll and washing powder to last us.

Tuesday was a NSD except we had a naughty McDonalds for dinner last night, OH paid £10.48. Totally unnecessary spends (and weight loss sabotage), I had salmon out ready to cook and everything. We just got back from work, having driven by on the way home, to see the neighbour heading in the door with a mcdonalds and we got tempted by the smell so got straight back in the car to fetch one. I was so hungry later on in the evening, serves me right for being tempted by junk!

Today will be a NSD as I'm going to quickly clean the house, I did a quick whizz round this morning in preparation for the inspection, but as usual, I have more ironing to do (how does this happen?! How do I end up with so much ironing to do when I seem to always be spending time ironing?!?) then I'm going to go for a walk and spend the rest of the afternoon reading through the slimming world books that I found in the top of the wardrobe, reading back on my diary I seemed to have done quite well with SW before and there is a good facebook group that I've joined so want to get back in the right frame of mind (again!)

OH finishes work at 8 tonight so it will be a late dinner, we have the salmon that we didnt use yesterday!
    Christmas shopping budget £167.51 (plus £47.21 Amazon vouchers/survey vouchers) / £150
    Emergency Fund £0/£600
    Christmas 2018 £0/£400
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 11th Oct 17, 12:39 PM
    • 548 Posts
    • 1,358 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    I've just checked my topcashback account as I havent used it for ages, I've got £33.10 waiting to be paid out to me I'll see if I can withdraw it as a gift card/voucher to use whilst we're away for the night next week.
    Emergency Fund £0/£600
    Christmas 2018 £0/£400
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 11th Oct 17, 12:45 PM
    • 548 Posts
    • 1,358 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    ALSO - I've just checked my clubcard account. I have £61.50 worth of vouchers to spend there too!! Today is turning out to be a good day!
    Emergency Fund £0/£600
    Christmas 2018 £0/£400
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 11th Oct 17, 3:04 PM
    • 548 Posts
    • 1,358 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    OH's PPI cheques have cleared so he has paid £700 off the holiday balance only £600 left to pay now.

He gets his bonus at the end of October and I will get the quarterly bonus on top of the monthly bonus in October too, so fingers crossed we can pay another £200 or so off at the end on the month.
    Emergency Fund £0/£600
    Christmas 2018 £0/£400
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 12th Oct 17, 7:05 PM
    • 548 Posts
    • 1,358 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    Today was a NSD. My work friend went to the chip shop for lunch and I was so tempted, in the end I had the toast and soup that I had taken in to work with me, so no sabotaging the diet or the money saving

Need to pay £49.50 for a ticket to see Disney on Ice for niece 1's birthday (its not until next year but need to get the tickets booked), that is for my ticket and half payment towards my nieces ticket. Everyone else has transferred me the money for their tickets so I'll book them tonight, I'll see if I can do it through TCB too.

Yesterday I spent £3.08 on a birthday card and £8.44 for sweets for OH's birthday, slightly more expensive because I had to pay for delivery too.

Other than that, no more spending required until we go away next week.
    Last edited by AleMrsT; 12-10-2017 at 7:07 PM.
    Emergency Fund £0/£600
    Christmas 2018 £0/£400
    • armchairexpert
    • By armchairexpert 13th Oct 17, 1:47 AM
    • 725 Posts
    • 4,714 Thanks
    armchairexpert
    You're doing great! The PPI and bonuses are such a boon, you'll have that holiday paid for well in advance at this rate.
    MFW diary here. 1 Feb 2017 $229,371 - MFD Feb 2043 aiming for May 2028
    14 August 2017 - Refinanced: $220,000
    November 2017 - $216,000.00 Current MFD 31 July 2035
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 15th Oct 17, 10:28 AM
    • 548 Posts
    • 1,358 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    So its Sunday again and OH is at work, we're off all next week so today I shall be washing and cleaning and cooking a beef brisket for dinner, it was a yellow sticker purchase a few weeks ago and has been in the freezer, been looking forward to a Sunday dinner for so long but with OH's work pattern it hasnt really happened. When he gets home at 4pm I'm hoping the house will be spotlessly clean and tidy and there will be a nice smell of roast beef in the air.

Hoping to get cracking ASAP on the chores then I can chill out for a couple of hours with my book whilst the dinner is cooking.

Spends the past couple of days for me personally haven't been that much. I paid £49.50 for the disney tickets, unfortunately I had to transfer the money from savings for that and I've left the remainder of it in my account ready for our week off. Still need to sort out the clubcard voucher swap so will do that later when OH finishes work.

We got a date through for the rescheduled concert that we were supposed to be going to next week (hence the time off work and overnight stay booked), this has been rescheduled for February so I've booked the day off work and OH has booked a room at the hotel again, it was £39.

I then found out why the February room cost was a lot cheaper.... I had actually booked completely the wrong travelodge for next week! Its a good job the concert has been reschduled, the hotel I booked is 3 miles away from the arena! It has worked out better though as its right in the city centre (hence the higher price I guess!) so it means we'll be more central for the two days we're away and wont have to use the car or trams etc as we are within walking distance of everything.

Nothing else to report really as the days have mainly been NSD's, apart from the ticket purchase for niece 1's birthday.

Hoping to keep next week as spend free as possible, however when we increased our DD's to the bills account we calculated some 'fun money' into the overall budget for the bills account, so we should have around £100 in there for the rest of the month, so if we use this whist we're away then the bills account should still be in budget.

Thats all from me for now, off to update my signature now the savings pot has depleted then going to spend a good couple of hours on the housework.

Hope you're all having a good Sunday, whatever you may be doing.
    Last edited by AleMrsT; 15-10-2017 at 10:35 AM.
    Emergency Fund £0/£600
    Christmas 2018 £0/£400
    • October Starter
    • By October Starter 16th Oct 17, 11:46 AM
    • 653 Posts
    • 3,091 Thanks
    October Starter
    Hi Mrs A,

Sounds like you are doing well with your NSDs and besides the cheeky Maccys are keeping to your weight loss plan.

Keep up the good work! I know how hard it is!

October xx
    Loan: 6100.00 4542.08 ~~ Credit Card: 4231.82 #20 Emergency Fund: £249.96/£1000 25%!
    LBM 1: (20.08.14) -£5000.00 LBM 2: (25.07.17) -£9750.00 October Goals NSDs: 0/10, Ibs Lost: 0/10, Xtr Income: £0/£50
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 25th Oct 17, 8:45 PM
    • 548 Posts
    • 1,358 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    Good news today, OH has had confirmation that he will recieve a refund on his final PPI claim, £500 due back. He's also had his annual bonus from work so that is £960 but is before tax. At least the holiday can definitely be cleared at the end of this month very happy.

Now to work on the balance of CC1.
    Emergency Fund £0/£600
    Christmas 2018 £0/£400
    • misstara
    • By misstara 26th Oct 17, 6:48 AM
    • 2,481 Posts
    • 17,330 Thanks
    misstara
    Fab news
    Debt at LBM Jan 2014 £10458.09 Now £0
    New flat debt Jan 2017 £2302.75 Now £1239.95 (46.2% paid)
    Car debt Nov 2017 £797.68 Now £748.10 (6.2% paid) + monthly payments £146.82 0/60
    Mini Targets
    Exercise target - Run 0/6, Gym 1/6 Groceries target £38.05/£200. NSD target 5/15.
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 29th Oct 17, 11:04 AM
    • 548 Posts
    • 1,358 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    So its been a few days since I've posted and nearly 2 weeks since I did a full update!

So much for trying to check in more frequently.

So we had our week off last week, we went to the hotel that was already paid for, then went to the cinema and used some Tesco vouchers for a meal out. Then we decided to visit the in laws so we booked a hotel room at the local travelodge for £60 and stayed for just one night. It was nice to see the in laws and was also nice to stay in the hotel as opposed to the spare room, although we wont be able to afford to do that every time we go and see them.

The rest of the week off and weekend was low key, we didnt leave the house apart from a trip to Tesco on Sunday afternoon!

We have over spent the last couple of weeks with being away and the unexpected and unbudgeted trip up north, so I did a meal plan to take us up to payday on Tuesday, raided the cupboards and wrote a minimal shopping list, we had £25 spare and the shopping came in under budget at £22 and we have meals and food up until pay day on Tuesday.

This week has been a quiet week, both back at work. Friday OH had worked 7 - 3 then had to go back to work at 6.30 to interview an applicant for a job vacancy, and yesterday he called me after work and said he had to run an errand, he needed to drop a colleague off at a presentation event as the boss had forgot to pick her up, a 120 mile round trip!!! He said I could go along to save me sitting at home alone, so we drove up and dropped her off. When we arrived, one of the managers told us to head to a restaurant for dinner and work would reimburse us, so we went to a really nice restaurant and had some food before heading back home. It was £40 but we had to put it on the CC as we have no spare money in either of our own accounts or the bills account, when work pays him back it will go straight off the CC, as will the petrol reimbursement.

Its niece 2's birthday party today so I'm off there this afternoon, I hope OH manages to get out of work on time today so he can still join us at the party later on this afternoon, I'll be really annoyed if they make him stay late again, I've hardly seen him since being back at work on Monday. After we got back yesterday afternoon he got a call from the front desk asking him how to fix something, so he had to nip back to work. After starting his shift at 7am, then driving for 2 and a half hours, he then spent another hour at work and eventually got home at 9 and went straight to bed.

He is getting seriously fed up with it all so he's seen another job to apply for, it sounds great and is a £3000 pay increase, with more regular hours so fingers crossed for that!

Once his cheque clears for the PPI and he gets his bonus on pay day, the holiday balance will be cleared.

We have discussed upgrading the hotel room, but I have decided I'd rather use it towards a deposit for a holiday in 2019 or a small break later on in the year next year, I think we'll get the most out if it doing that. Obviously its OH's money so it is entirely up to him. We should really put the money towards the debts, but every year for 4 years he has paid his work bonus off his credit card and we're still back to square one with it. Rightly or wrongly, I think he'd rather use it for 'something' for us, but we'll see how that pans out.

I had confirmation that my updated DMP budget and new payment proposal has been sent to the creditors, it means that my DMP balances and new payments are as follows:

Balances

Loan £497.56
    Overdraft £661.27
    N CC £1873.77
    H CC £1522.66

Current payments New Payments

Loan £39.50 £46.64
    Overdraft £12.46 £14.71
    N CC £16.93 £19.99
    H CC £14.11 £16.66

Total £83 £98

It means my loan will be paid off in September 2018, and the full amount will be cleared in September 2021. I will have to look back at my earlier posts to see what the original DFD was!!

I'm quite happy with how things are plodding along with my DMP, its so reassuring to see two of the balances being in the hundreds of pounds rather than the thousands. I'm going to go back and see what the original balances were and work out how much I've paid off. It won't be an amazing amount but its the least debt I have personally owed in a long time.

I just wish it was easier to manage the other CC's etc that are in OH's name.

Off to quickly clean and tidy the house before getting ready for my nieces party later on, no ironing today as I did that yesterday afternoon!
    Emergency Fund £0/£600
    Christmas 2018 £0/£400
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 31st Oct 17, 1:50 PM
    • 548 Posts
    • 1,358 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    Payday!
    Payday today, at last. We got our pay slips early this month as the lady in accounts has been on holiday so it feels like it's taken ages to get to pay day, especially as we overspent and have had to scrimp for the last week or so.

Wages in £1251.54

I've paid £800 to the joint bills account
    £20 to other half as he transferred that to me last week to cover a DD that was due to come out
    I've added £4 to the emergency fund
    And £2.32 to the Christmas 2018 savings.

I have £430 to last me the month, but I have £98 to go to Stepchange, £7.81 for the house insurance, £25 for my pension and £16 for a bus ticket.

In other news, the OH has paid the holiday balance off!! so he has £600 left from his bonus and PPI payout to pay towards CC1. Things are looking up this month!
    Last edited by AleMrsT; 01-11-2017 at 10:43 AM.
    Emergency Fund £0/£600
    Christmas 2018 £0/£400
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 3rd Nov 17, 9:53 PM
    • 548 Posts
    • 1,358 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    So far the remainder of OH's bonus has paid for a new duvet for our bed, which was much needed and has made going to bed seem like a heavenly experience! I'd have never thought spending £85 on a duvet as a justifiable expense but after the best, cosiest nights sleep I've had in ages, I definitely think it is!!

I've also sorted and paid for the travel insurance this week, it was £50.20 for a single trip cover. I know thats expensive but I have to have a policy that covers my pre-existing condition, and its rare and complicated, so I checked and double checked the policy and spent more money on a policy with better cover. Better to be safe than sorry, I'd rather have paid £50 and not need it than only paid £20 and not be fully covered!

At least its all done and paid for, just holiday clothes to budget for and a small bit of spending money, but we have another 6 months to go yet!

I have treated myself to some new fleecy snuggly pyjamas and some new slippers today in piemark, I spent £23 in total as I also got a new cardigan and top for work.

Need to try and finish off the christmas shopping this month, I have a couple more gifts to get but want to be organised and plan ahead before I shop this year as I hate rushing around in December and it worked quite well getting most of it from AMazon last year.

Still doing surveys on qmee and prolific, nearly at £10 on qmee so when that cashes out I'll put it towards my amazon balance for christmas spends.
    Last edited by AleMrsT; 21-11-2017 at 9:39 PM.
    Emergency Fund £0/£600
    Christmas 2018 £0/£400
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 6th Nov 17, 9:10 PM
    • 548 Posts
    • 1,358 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    Had a nice weekend, on Saturday we had a lie in then went to see Thor at the cinema, we got into town too late to be able to get food beforehand (my fault as I was on facebook instead of getting ready) so we spent £10 in a restaurant on two drinks (the drinks were only £2 each but because we had sat down as if to eat then realised we were short on time, OH just gave the bar man a £10 note for the drinks and having to set up a table that they didnt need to set up. I was annoyed that he didnt wait for the change!!) Then we spent £21 on expensive cinema snacks as we hadnt eaten. Ouch!

We then planned to stop for food on the way home instead, but we didnt, we just had pasta when we got home so we at least we saved some money there.

In the evening OH went to a wedding reception for a colleague and I went to the local firework display with my friends, I spent £7 on the entry fee and £2.50 on a hot chocolate. I hate fireworks so I'm not really sure why I went along in hindsight, but it was nice to see my friends.

On Sunday OH was at work so a family friend who I've known for a long time came over, she bought some hair dye with her and we spent the morning sorting each others hair colour out. She buys salon dye from ebay but cant put it on properly herself so we decided to do each others. She bought all the dye etc so it didnt cost me anything at all and I now have freshly dyed hair.

I have said I'll buy the next batch of hair colour on ebay and we'll both save money by taking it in turns to buy the dye.

Had a lovely morning catching up and it didnt cost a penny. Then in the evening when OH got home from work, I stuck to the meal plan and made stir fry and we then spent the evening just catching up on TV shows that we are behind on.

I have bought some more christmas presents today so going to update my shopping budget in my signature shortly, spent £16.99 on a clutch bag that mum mentioned she liked the look of, and used the amazon voucher that I got from topcashback to get niece 2's presents, so her gifts have cost me £3.23 of actual money, but monetry value she's had the same as niece 1.

OH and I have set a £30 budget this year, we havent done this in the past and last year we over spent which was totally unneccesary. I'll get him a T shirt that he's been after which is £17 then will see what else I can get him with the remaining £13.

I've been on the phone with my sister discussing our grandparents, we have decided that we are going to do them a personalised hamper between us, we have costed it and it will cost around £50 for all of the things we want to include, so £25 each which is fine as it is for both grandparents and I had planned £20 per grandparent, but this way they actually get more items and its more personal. - The £50 includes the cost of the hamper basket etc.

Then its just dad to sort out, he's so hard to buy for! I usually end up totally overspending on him as I never know what to get so I just panic buy. One year I bought him a toilet roll that had puzzles on the sheets of paper, it was about £6 for 1 roll of toilet paper! I still have quite a bit of money left in my bank so hoping to transfer some to the nieces savings accounts and top up the emergency fund and christmas 2018 savings.

I'm still using qmee and prolific academy, my aim for November is to get to £10 in qmee, £1.45 to go! I find I get declined from a lot of them and with the payout only being 50p at most, it is taking a long time to build up but every penny counts.
    Last edited by AleMrsT; 06-11-2017 at 9:28 PM.
    Emergency Fund £0/£600
    Christmas 2018 £0/£400
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 6th Nov 17, 9:23 PM
    • 548 Posts
    • 1,358 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    I've now ordered OH's T shirt so added £17.10 to the christmas budget spends on my signature.

I've also rounded up the savings accounts.
    Emergency Fund £0/£600
    Christmas 2018 £0/£400
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 11th Nov 17, 11:54 AM
    • 548 Posts
    • 1,358 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    Haven't posted in a few days. I've transferred another £3 to the christmas 2018 savings so thats up to £10 now, I've booked a dentist check up so have moved £25 out of my current account to an empty savings account that I use to stash money that I have budgeted for things later in the month, this will be used next week.

We have £600 left in the joint bills account so that should last for 2 food shops, a petrol top up and the car finance payment, hopefully they'll be some left over to transfer to OH's CC1, once his PPI payment clears this will be used to clear his overdraft due to the changes in overdraft charges.

I really want to try and stop OH relying on his overdraft and learning to budget his money, but without instant access to his account, it is impossible to do!

Still working on Qmee, I want to get to £10 by the end of month, I'm currently at £9.32 as I hardly ever get to complete surveys so I think aiming for £10 is doable. I still dont think its worth the effort, it will have taken me 2 months to achieve £10! Although I do the surveys mainly on my lunch break or whilst I'm having breakfast before work, so its not taking too much time in the grand scheme of things, and its time I spend looking at my phone anyway, I might as well be making a few pence!

Off to get ready shortly, supposed to be going out with my friends tonight but not really feeling up to it as I'm having issues with my ear, hopefully it will improve later and I wont feel as dizzy.
    Emergency Fund £0/£600
    Christmas 2018 £0/£400
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 15th Nov 17, 6:16 PM
    • 548 Posts
    • 1,358 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    Just a quick post before I'm off out with my mum. I'm up to £13.51 in my Qmee account now I emailed them to complain that a few of the surveys I did had errors at the end so I never got the rewards despite completing the survey, and they replied and added the missed amounts on for 2 surveys, and I've just spent a couple of hours doing some more on the PC rather than my phone and I've smashed my £10 by the end of November target! Going to see if I can get to £15 by the end of the month now.

I also have £5.85 with 15p pending in prolific and I signed up to opinion outpost today so have 80 points there.

Not sure how quickly I can build up the rest but going to just save up as much of the points/money as possible and cash it out for a specific item when I see something I want. Maybe use it for a dress for a party I'm going to in February next year.
    Emergency Fund £0/£600
    Christmas 2018 £0/£400
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 16th Nov 17, 9:09 PM
    • 548 Posts
    • 1,358 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    Not sure how quickly I can build up the rest but going to just save up as much of the points/money as possible and cash it out for a specific item when I see something I want. Maybe use it for a dress for a party I'm going to in February next year.
    Originally posted by AleMrsT
    After reading Monz's diary I think I'm going to put any surveys money/vouchers into 2018 christmas savings pot instead, which seems much more sensible than just using it to treat myself on stuff I don't need.
    Emergency Fund £0/£600
    Christmas 2018 £0/£400
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 16th Nov 17, 9:15 PM
    • 548 Posts
    • 1,358 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    I forgot to post the other day that I paid the £59 balance for the event that I'm going to in February, so my bank balance is now at £64.62.

The only thing that is due to come out is £25 for my pension payment on 30th but I get paid that day anyway. I think I might need a bus ticket top up and I have hospital next week. There is enough in the bills account for a top up shop and to fill the car up, so I should be able to use the rest for the remaining christmas presents.

I've just moved the £25 across that I moved to savings for my dentist check up tomorrow.

Also back on track with the dieting again, I feel like I'm doing ok recently and am managing both things quite well.

OH took himself off to bed for an early night as he's not feeling well so I've just been catching up on diaries and pottering around online. I'm also going to head off to bed shortly as I've been really tired today.
    Emergency Fund £0/£600
    Christmas 2018 £0/£400
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

194Posts Today

1,498Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin