Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 4th Nov 14, 12:03 PM
    • 541Posts
    • 1,338Thanks
    AleMrsT
    Mini meltdown and light bulb moment
    • 4th Nov 14, 12:03 PM
    Mini meltdown and light bulb moment 4th Nov 14 at 12:03 PM
    Hi everyone,
    I posted on the forum yesterday and after some soul searching, I have contacted Step Change and am now in the initial stages of sorting a Debt Management Plan. The guy was really helpful, and said I am definitely taking the right steps for the circumstances, and I need to put me first.
    To get it all out in the open and off my chest is going to be the second box ticked on my 'getting my life on track' checklist.
    Number one was admitting that I cannot do this any more. I can't work full time any more, and I can't carry on getting in debt to pay debt.
    With my health deteriorating, I knew I needed to do something, but knew too that I just could not afford part time wages.
    I've figured it out so that I can reduce my hours by one day a week, meaning less sick days overall, so not too much of a pay reduction, but still less money than I need to service my debts with the increasing interest.
    So, Step Change are putting me on Debt Management Plan, it will take me a long time to pay it all off, but least it will be manageable, affordable and I wont have any more mini meltdowns.

The next step is to have a big chat with the OH, which is the part I'm looking forward to the least. I married him knowing he has an IVA, and that he has 'around £15000' of debt, but I have no idea about anything else, when it will be paid off, how much he's paying, etc, so I want us to sit and have an open chat about the complete bigger picture, so that we can really start to get to grips with everything. I also want to encourage him to embrace being more frugal, I have really tried, I've saved on food shopping by cooking from scratch, with using up what we have, and selling things on ebay to raise money for Christmas, but he's bought a coffee machine, sofa cushions and a wii U, which has thoroughly CHEESED ME OFF. So, a big chat is needed there. (to be fair, I agreed to the Wii U, he had a bonus from work and we have sold the Wii).
    I already feel a bit better, I'm off to Barclays this afternoon to set up a 'basic cash card account' so that I can transfer my PayPal funds and start my (long) debt free journey.
    I will try and update here when I can, but figures as at today are (taken off my Noddle credit report, not called for accurate balances from bank or CC company):
    Loan £2176
    OD £1050 (this is my OD limit, no idea how far into it I am, I daren't look!)
    N CC £2389
    H CC £1971
    TOTAL £7586.

I am so looking forward to having a bank account without a negative balance!!
    Last edited by AleMrsT; 06-11-2014 at 10:26 PM.
Page 22
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 19th Aug 17, 10:52 AM
    • 541 Posts
    • 1,338 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    So far, so good. We have a budget drawn up for September already and are working hard to reduce our spending.

OH has received confirmation that he is due £330 back for PPI on one of his credit cards, we're just waiting for the cheque and thats going to be paid straight off the holiday balance. With paying for my new glasses and having to add more to the bills account this month I haven't been able to pay any more off the holiday so the £330 is very welcome. He's just waiting to hear back from a few more claims that he submitted so fingers crossed.

I've done a meal plan for the rest of the month, and will unfortunately have to borrow some money from OH's overdraft to finish the month with as I don't have enough left in my account for the two remaining payments that are due to come out, but any surplus I have once the two payments have come out I'll put back into the holiday.

OH is at work today and it really feels like a Sunday so I'm pleased to have an extra day off tomorrow too.

Going to have a sort through the wardrobe and the rest of the house and get listing things on ebay, I had an email about free listings and £1 selling fees this weekend so I might as well make the most of it!
    Debt @ LBM Nov 2014 £7586.85
    Start of DMP Jan 2015 £7202.85 now £4446.60 (£2656.25 PAID)
    Italy 2018 £2103.44 now £0 (Thanks PPI!)
    Christmas shopping budget £67.40 (plus £25.91 Amazon voucher) / £150
    Emergency Fund £10600
    Christmas 2018 £10/£500
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 27th Aug 17, 5:02 PM
    • 541 Posts
    • 1,338 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    I've sold some of the items I listed on ebay, £68.78 received so far but got to factor in postage costs out of that. Hopefully I'll be able to send some of the items through OH's work so the postage costs will be slightly cheaper, I've massively under charged on postage previously when selling through ebay so hopefully I've got it right this time! Got a few more items that are awaiting payment and I've listed the unsold items on preloved, so hopefully I'll sell a few more to bring the total up a bit more. With OH's PPI payment we've 'made' £399.55 so far.

All of it minus the postage costs and £40 for a gardener that is coming tomorrow to trim our front hedges down will be paid towards the holiday.

I have 3 days extra pay being paid in August's pay for over time I have done, plus any bonus that we get this month, which won't be a lot, but I have £100 to pay for my prescription sunglasses, and again any extra will go towards the holiday, meaning in theory we **should** be able to pay at least £400 towards the holiday this month. We do need to get tyres for the car though so we will have to see how we get on, but I'm pleased with the results of my small clear out, I'm sure if I'd spent longer sorting the house out I could have found a lot more tat items to sell.

We also need to buy a new seal for the shower screen and a new panel for the bath, but hopefully those things shouldnt cost too much, and we don't have any trips planned or hospital journeys for this month.

OH is at work on lates today then early shift tomorrow so its an evening of ironing for me then an early start tomorrow as the gardener is coming at 9.
    Last edited by AleMrsT; 27-08-2017 at 5:04 PM.
    Emergency Fund £10600
    Christmas 2018 £10/£500
    • SHill
    • By SHill 27th Aug 17, 6:08 PM
    • 141 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    SHill
    Can I ask have you been on holiday or are you going?
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 27th Aug 17, 6:10 PM
    • 541 Posts
    • 1,338 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    Can I ask have you been on holiday or are you going?
    Originally posted by SHill
    Hi Shill. We go on holiday in May next year.
    Emergency Fund £10600
    Christmas 2018 £10/£500
    • SHill
    • By SHill 27th Aug 17, 7:36 PM
    • 141 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    SHill
    really that sounds fantastic ...have a lovely time away
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 9th Sep 17, 12:52 PM
    • 541 Posts
    • 1,338 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    OH used his PPI money to buy new tyres for the car which were very much needed, (recommendation on the MOT). I've paid off the balance of my glasses (£102.50) and also managed to pay £100 off the holiday and I still have money left in my account for the rest of the month. I've got £50 in savings for a meal out when we see a show which is OHs birthday present, and still have money in my normal account, if I have any spare at the end of the month I'll transfer it to the holiday even if its only £20 or so. Every little helps as the large supermarket chain says!

I'm going to approach the rest of the holiday balance how misstara has tackled her debt, instead of waiting until I've got a big chunk of money I'll make payments little and often when I have spare 'change' or have made savings on other things, then still try and make bigger payments as I was anyway. Once that is paid off, I'm going to look into whether I can make payments to OH's credit card from banking app, its not the same bank so unsure how it works but if I can do it then we should be able to tackle the CC head on to get the balance down. With the current payments on the second credit card, he is on track to clear the balance when the 0% deal ends anyway, so we're focusing on the interest accruing CC once the holiday is cleared, so the sooner we can do that, the better.
    Emergency Fund £10600
    Christmas 2018 £10/£500
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 22nd Sep 17, 10:52 PM
    • 541 Posts
    • 1,338 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    I had put some money aside for a meal out on Wednesday when we went to see a show that I paid for for OH's birthday. He had checked the bills account before hand and said that the meal could be paid out of the bills account as we've done really well with keeping our grocery spending low this month, so I still have £50 in my savings account which I will pay off the holiday next week

In other news, I signed up to a weight loss group, its only £3.50 per month with an initial £15 joining fee, much cheaper than SW at over £5 a week.

Had a small panic earlier on this week thinking we would need to pay for a new fridge freezer, as it started making horrendous noises then a couple of hours later it was no longer cold. We emptied it and managed to take the contents to our friends so we didnt have to bin them, then we left it switched off overnight to defrost whilst I tried to get in touch with a repair company.

The company I've used previously no longer do fridge repairs, so we were looking at replacing it. We switched it back on and left it overnight and during the day, and thankfully it seems to have repaired itself. I'm assuming it just got clogged up with ice and the defrosting fixed it which is a relief.

It has reminded me that we really do need to try and build up and emergency fund. This is on top of paying for the holiday and clearing the other debts. I do think though that without an EF the debt will only increase if we do eventually need a new freezer, so going to sign up to some survey sites and set up another savings account for the beginnings of our emergency fund. I think we'll aim to save £600 as an emergency fund, which is one months rent payment, rounded up. I think anything more than that is a little too optimistic, its taking forever to pay off the holiday so we need to be realistic.

I think thats all in the way of updates for now, so I'm off to catch up on some diaries then head to bed.
    Emergency Fund £10600
    Christmas 2018 £10/£500
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 23rd Sep 17, 10:54 AM
    • 541 Posts
    • 1,338 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    OH has had a letter this morning for one of his PPI claims. He's being paid a refund. £645! We're so shocked! Thats nearly £1000 that he'll have had back and he's still waiting on replies from two other companies! I think he was expecting a couple hundred pounds at most! I'm so glad he sent the claims off!

Happy Saturday in the Ale house this morning!
    Emergency Fund £10600
    Christmas 2018 £10/£500
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 1st Oct 17, 1:51 PM
    • 541 Posts
    • 1,338 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    Progress review - 3 years on
    I've spent the last couple of days reading back through my diary from start to finish. What an eye opener!

Although my DMP is slow progress with still a long way to go before my debt is cleared, I have made massive progress in the way I approach money. 2015 seems to have been a good year for me savings and money managing wise, I was on a lot less wages than I'm on now but managed to have pots of savings for up coming expenses. The difference is that I was posting here regularly, sometimes daily, with my daily spends, making a budget and staying accountable.

I must get back into this habit, both in terms of keeping track of money and for my own well-being, as I've previously used the diary as a personal diary as well as a spending diary, and reading back through was very cathartic. I didn't realise how down I was and I'm so proud of myself for keeping a log of all of that and moving on from it all.

Medically I am in a much better place, things are plodding along smoothly in a similar manner to my debt journey, I still have regular hospital appointments but I no longer have to budget for work absences as I go on a Saturday now instead of a Friday as I no longer work on Saturdays.

Work wise I'm surprised how long I had spent looking for a new job, I think I was job hunting for the entirety of my diary! My new job is great, I love the work and the company and they're great with all of my hospital needs, I'm glad I got out of my old job but I do miss my colleagues and the office camaraderie, I was spending 8 hours a day with some of my best friends and I miss that.

I also do A LOT OF ironing! Every time I've posted I have said I have ironing to do! I think this is because of OH's shifts, I tend to so household chores and have the PC on when he is at work so that is the time when I write most of my posts!

In fact I read my diary entries last night whilst doing some ironing! I

Things I am going to reintroduce:

Each pay day I'm going to post and set a budget. I think this will be more difficult now we are using the bills account for most household spends, but OH is much more on board now so it should be fairly easy to keep track.

I'm also going to keep track of my daily spends and NSD's on here, which means I need to try and post every day.

I have also been trying to lose the same 2 stone for the entire time I've kept this diary. I did really well a couple of times but always lose momentum and it falls by the way side. This is still in progress, I am going to take my weight loss tracker off my signature and keep weight loss and fitness goals as part of the Facebook group I have joined otherwise I'm wasting 3.50 per month.

I've had a lovely weekend so far, I went out with a couple of my old work colleagues last night, I've been to see my niece in the harvest festival at the church this morning, then I'm off to see my friends newborn baby at 2 and I'm making a lamb roast dinner for me and OH this afternoon.

I've also made a plan for my aims for this week -

- put away the ironing I did last night
    - clean the house
    - aim for 4 NSD's this week
    - be as active as possible, more steps, 2 gym classes
    - make a meal plan and stick to it!
    - buy bread

Will check back in during the week to see how I'm getting on with my goals! I'm also going to change up my signature but will do that later as I'm off to my friends now.

Thanks to all of those who have followed my journey and kept me going for the past 3 years, and I promise I'll be back to posting more often from now on!

Much love.

MrsT x
    Emergency Fund £10600
    Christmas 2018 £10/£500
    • misstara
    • By misstara 1st Oct 17, 8:44 PM
    • 2,459 Posts
    • 17,140 Thanks
    misstara
    Sounds like a lovely weekend MrsT, hope you enjoyed your roast lamb dinner. Looking forward to reading more frequent posts from you
    Debt at LBM Jan 2014 £10458.09 Now £0
    New flat debt Jan 2017 £2302.75 Now £1349.50 (41.4% paid)
    Mini Targets
    Exercise target - Run 3/8, Gym 0/4. Groceries target £106.86/£150. NSD target 11/18.
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 2nd Oct 17, 8:53 AM
    • 541 Posts
    • 1,338 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    Yesterday was a NSD and today should be too as I bought soup in for lunch at work and I'm planning to go to the gym after work.
    Last edited by AleMrsT; 02-10-2017 at 1:20 PM.
    Emergency Fund £10600
    Christmas 2018 £10/£500
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 2nd Oct 17, 1:18 PM
    • 541 Posts
    • 1,338 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    Forgot to say that I had a letter on Friday from my PPI claim. Apparently I have a bad memory as I have already claimed the PPI and had £161 back in 2013! This is the second letter I've had confirming I've already had my money back I must have forgotten! Ah well, at least I have had what I'm owed paid back to me.

Just waiting on one cheque to arrived for OH's second payout and for a final decision on 2 more claims.
    Emergency Fund £10600
    Christmas 2018 £10/£500
    • armchairexpert
    • By armchairexpert 3rd Oct 17, 2:59 AM
    • 699 Posts
    • 4,503 Thanks
    armchairexpert
    Hi MrsT, I've just read through your diary and subscribed, you write so well! I hope your partner sees how unfair it is that you can't drive the car ostensibly bought for you - especially since, if you've been contributing £3K a year more than him, you could have bought your OWN car if things were fairer.

One thing did strike me, though. Usually, when one goes on a DMP, that's it for further credit for a while. You can't open new credit accounts, which really forces you to focus on paying down the debt and changes your mindset from "I want it and will pay it back later" to "I want it and will save for it".

Because your OH has access to credit, that restriction hasn't happened for you. You're putting furniture and white goods on credit, entering into lease purchases for a second car, etc. I know you're going to say that you can afford it, but what you mean is that you can afford the repayments. That is slowing down your DMP massively, because you're sending so much money to the new commitments. And I wonder whether it's going to mean that you'll come out the other end with nothing really changed.

I hope that isn't too heavy a first post! I really am cheering you on and I'm very glad that your husband is sharing the bills with you now.
    MFW diary here. 1 Feb 2017 $229,371 - MFD Feb 2043 aiming for May 2028
    14 August 2017 - Refinanced: $220,000
    October 2017 - $216,963.86 Current MFD 31 July 2035
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 3rd Oct 17, 8:04 AM
    • 541 Posts
    • 1,338 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    Hi armchair, thanks for reading!

Hi MrsT, I've just read through your diary and subscribed, you write so well! I hope your partner sees how unfair it is that you can't drive the car ostensibly bought for you - especially since, if you've been contributing £3K a year more than him, you could have bought your OWN car if things were fairer. - we've each paid in to a separate bills account for a while now so it's not unbalanced anymore, although we pay in more than we first did. And I do use the car now, I had refresher lessons and it's all in OH's name. It isnt a second car, it is our only car as our old one was beyond repair.

One thing did strike me, though. Usually, when one goes on a DMP, that's it for further credit for a while. You can't open new credit accounts, which really forces you to focus on paying down the debt and changes your mindset from "I want it and will pay it back later" to "I want it and will save for it".

Because your OH has access to credit, that restriction hasn't happened for you. You're putting furniture and white goods on credit, entering into lease purchases for a second car, etc. I know you're going to say that you can afford it, but what you mean is that you can afford the repayments. That is slowing down your DMP massively, because you're sending so much money to the new commitments. And I wonder whether it's going to mean that you'll come out the other end with nothing really changed. - I only contribute to the joint bills acount which everything (including the car payment) comes out or of. I don'tpay anything towards his credit cards. I do understand what you're saying though, although my DMP payments have increased at each review so paying the extra to the bills account isn't slowing down the DMP as I'd still pay the same amount.

I hope that isn't too heavy a first post! I really am cheering you on and I'm very glad that your husband is sharing the bills with you now.
    Originally posted by armchairexpert

You have made a good point about the new things though, because none of it is
    In my name i hadn't really considered before that it could be an issue.

EDIT: I've been thinking more about this whilst getting ready for work and you're right. I've been justifying the decisions and purchases because the credit isnt in my name (and some of it was out of my control completely), but when we didn't have the option to use credit, I did much better with my savings and debt paying goals. Stopping my contributing towards the car payment (via bills account) isnt an option as we will lose the car and then be stuck for OH getting to work, so a bigger review of things are now in order.

Thanks for the second (third? I've lost count!) Light bulb moment armchair.
    Last edited by AleMrsT; 03-10-2017 at 8:28 AM.
    Emergency Fund £10600
    Christmas 2018 £10/£500
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 3rd Oct 17, 8:22 AM
    • 541 Posts
    • 1,338 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    We got home from work yesterday to two letters. One was a response to the OH's third Ppi claim, a cheque for £120. The other was a letter from HMRC saying I've not paid enough tax so I owe £186.20. I'm assuming it's from the changeover of employment and hope that it will just be paid off out of my wages each month. Very annoying!

OH is on a late shift tonight so I'll be able to put the PC on later and review my signature and change things up.
    Last edited by AleMrsT; 03-10-2017 at 8:30 AM.
    Emergency Fund £10600
    Christmas 2018 £10/£500
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 3rd Oct 17, 9:47 PM
    • 541 Posts
    • 1,338 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    Things I am going to reintroduce:
    Each pay day I'm going to post and set a budget. I think this will be more difficult now we are using the bills account for most household spends, but OH is much more on board now so it should be fairly easy to keep track. Still havent done this,
    this is tonights plan

I'm also going to keep track of my daily spends and NSD's on here, which means I need to try and post every day. - have been keeping track, need to post with todays spends

I have also been trying to lose the same 2 stone for the entire time I've kept this diary. I did really well a couple of times but always lose momentum and it falls by the way side. This is still in progress, I am going to take my weight loss tracker off my signature and keep weight loss and fitness goals as part of the Facebook group I have joined otherwise I'm wasting 3.50 per month. - have cancelled this subscription. Just paying a subscription wont make me lose weight, I have to put the effort in!

I've also made a plan for my aims for this week -

- put away the ironing I did last night
    - clean the house - still not done
    - log in to my diary every day and track my daily spends Nearly there with this one
    - aim for 4 NSD's this week - half way there
    - be as active as possible, more steps, 2 gym classes FAIL!
    - make a meal plan and stick to it!
    - buy bread

Will check back in during the week to see how I'm getting on with my goals! I'm also going to change up my signature but will do that later as I'm off to my friends now. - done.

Much love.

MrsT x
    Originally posted by AleMrsT

So, I've updated my signature, taken out the weight loss target, changed up the total so it shows my start balance plus what has been paid and what is left to pay. I've also added in two savings targets and a space to fill in how much extra income I'm managed to get, I will start with this month and see how I get on! (I am going to include my monthly bonus in this because although I have had a bonus each month, it isnt guaranteed and the amount is different each time).

Today wasn't a NSD unfortunately, I needed bread and other items, so went to home bargains and spent £6.41
    Biscuits for a colleague 49p - she gave me £1 and didn't want the change, 51p profit
    Handwash for the toilet at work £1 - claimed back from petty cash
    £1.45 for lunch (sandwich, crisps and a can of coke)
    bread and toiletries - £3.47

Total actual spend £4.92

OH received his other PPI cheque today, so far he has had £1098.22 He will pay in the two he has tomorrow and will have £760 to pay towards the holiday. (EDITED TO ADD - he won't be able to pay these in now as he is working ridiculous work shifts!)

I have £100 set aside in my savings account for expenses for this month. Even though the concert we were going to has been cancelled, we couldn't get a refund on the hotel room so we're going to still go anyway and just spend the day wandering around and go for a nice meal in the evening somewhere, so hopefully we will have some left over from the £100 for me to transfer to the holiday.

We want to get this paid as soon as possible now so that we can shift the focus to paying off CC1 and building up savings.

I have decided to do an emergency fund pot and a Christmas 2018 pot, although initially this pot will be used for holiday spending money and clothes, then once we've been away in May will then be used to save for Christmas next year.

I have also set up junior accounts for each of my nieces and opened the account with £10 each, I'm hoping to use a small amount of my bonus from work each month to add to the girls savings accounts, my sister said she is also going to transfer some money for me to pay in for them, it will only be a small amount each month but at least it will be a small lump sum for when they each turn 18.

OH is now working a late shift today and covering a night shift tonight, as well as working an early shift tomorrow, which I am NOT pleased about, as it means he will have been at work since 3pm today and not finish until 11am tomorrow! A day shift is usually until 3pm, but he is obviously not going to do a full shift tomorrow after working 19 hours straight (!!)

My colleague went home sick today so I have said I will go into work tomorrow in case she is still ill as it means the office isn't really covered if I'm not in. I was hoping to just be paid for this instead of taking a lieu day, but I've checked the calendar and the extra shift I was going to do later on in the month to pay back the day I had off sick two weeks ago I can't do as I'm looking after niece 2, so tomorrow will just be counted as the lieu day instead.
    Last edited by AleMrsT; 03-10-2017 at 9:58 PM.
    Emergency Fund £10600
    Christmas 2018 £10/£500
    • armchairexpert
    • By armchairexpert 4th Oct 17, 6:10 AM
    • 699 Posts
    • 4,503 Thanks
    armchairexpert
    Oh. I wasn't implying you should stop contributing to the car, etc., rather that your household contributions do take into account a share of those extra things, even though they're under his name in terms of credit. Like you were sending over money to pay off the furniture, which was on his credit, that sort of thing, so it's his credit rating but your expenditure. I did misunderstand about the car, you mentioned at some point that his pay rise would allow the two of you to lease a second car so I thought that was what had happened (and then you hadn't been able to even use it). If it's an only car, and you share it, that's far more fair!

Anyway! It sounds like you have things under control, and I am cheering you on. Those PPI returns are AMAZING.
    MFW diary here. 1 Feb 2017 $229,371 - MFD Feb 2043 aiming for May 2028
    14 August 2017 - Refinanced: $220,000
    October 2017 - $216,963.86 Current MFD 31 July 2035
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 4th Oct 17, 9:45 PM
    • 541 Posts
    • 1,338 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    Thanks armchair. Today has been a NSD. I want to get a fitbit/activity tracker but brand new fb's are so expensive I can't justify it. I've seen a few cheap versions on Amazon but have no idea whether they're any good so dont want to waste money on a cheaper version that doesn't work properly. I decided to have a look in town and went to cex and cash converters, cex have a second hand fitbit for £50 and cash converters have an older style one for £35. OH said he would get me one with some of his PPI refund so hopefully cex will still have the second hand one in a few weeks time when we can see how things are budget and payments wise. Otherwise if my family ask for Christmas gift ideas I'll let them know I'm looking to get one so that they can put some money towards one.

Off to bed now as I'm really tired from not getting to sleep until late last night and not being able to have my midweek day off.

Aiming for another NSD tomorrow so will check back in then!
    Emergency Fund £10600
    Christmas 2018 £10/£500
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 4th Oct 17, 9:51 PM
    • 541 Posts
    • 1,338 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    Oh and I have made £2.65 on prolific and £1.80 on qmee. I seem to get declined on a lot of the qmee surveys so not sure if its worth keeping up with that but we'll see.
    Emergency Fund £10600
    Christmas 2018 £10/£500
    • AleMrsT
    • By AleMrsT 5th Oct 17, 2:17 PM
    • 541 Posts
    • 1,338 Thanks
    AleMrsT
    Had an email to say another prolific survey has been accepted so my prolific balance is £2.90. I've updated my signature.

Ran out of sandwich meat this morning so had to buy lunch today, also needed toiletries.

£1.48 spent on sandwiches, crisps and Maltesers bar for lunch
    £2.89 spent on toiletries

OH is going to the supermarket to get sandwich meat and salad for dinner so no doubt he'll buy other stuff whilst he's there too as he isn't great at sticking to the list!

Feeling run down and tired today, was at the hospital first thing for a blood test then back at hospital all day on Saturday, I feel really nauseous and achy today, hope I haven't caught whatever my colleague is off ill with, i know shes had some kind of sickness bug.

Fingers crossed I'm just worn down and not ill, although I really feel like I need to crawl back into bed but work is so busy I'll just haveto power through. I feel bad moaning about a 5 day week but full time is hard! I don't know how I did it for so long, no wonder I sounded so down in the first few diary posts!
    Emergency Fund £10600
    Christmas 2018 £10/£500
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,346Posts Today

6,954Users online

Martin's Twitter