Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
  • boyse7en
    • 24th Jul 07, 3:15 PM
    • 24th Jul 07, 3:15 PM
    knock 12k off your mortgage, or if you haven't got one knock 12k off my mortgage
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 24th Jul 07, 3:21 PM
    • 85,089 Posts
    • 50,111 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 24th Jul 07, 3:21 PM
    • 24th Jul 07, 3:21 PM
    i wouldnt knock it off the mortgage but thats my preference.

Keep enough back for your emergency fund. Then decide how much you can put aside and for how long. If 5+ years, then look to ISA. If that is not likely to be an option, then stick with cash/deposit based products.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
  • android
    • 24th Jul 07, 4:12 PM
    15 000
    • 24th Jul 07, 4:12 PM
    i already have 10000 in bank account now,just want to know how best to invest it???
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 24th Jul 07, 4:44 PM
    • 85,089 Posts
    • 50,111 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 24th Jul 07, 4:44 PM
    • 24th Jul 07, 4:44 PM
    There are about 20,000 areas you can invest in. Where is best will depend on your risk profile, tax position (both now and future), timescale, how and where you want to invest (if you have a preference), what sort of investments you want to use, what you particular investment strategy is etc.

So, not enough info to go on at this stage.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
  • amcluesent
    • 24th Jul 07, 6:58 PM
    • 24th Jul 07, 6:58 PM
    Yep, mortgage or NS&I index-linked 3 years. I'm very bearish at the mo, everything looks like an asset bubble with inflation/stagflation hitting in 2008.
  • thetrader
    • 5th Jan 11, 4:24 PM
    • 5th Jan 11, 4:24 PM
    Solar Power!
    It's the only way forward, giving you around 8%, index
    linked, guaranteed by the government for 24 years, plus
    free electricity. Oh, and its tax free.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 5th Jan 11, 4:50 PM
    • 85,089 Posts
    • 50,111 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 5th Jan 11, 4:50 PM
    • 5th Jan 11, 4:50 PM
    I'm not sure if 42 months is a record for thread revival but it has to be up there.

• mikey72
    • 5th Jan 11, 5:03 PM
    • 5th Jan 11, 5:03 PM
    It didn't go well, whatever it was.
    Last post from the op two years later.

i have abbey account to which i am overdrawn.they have reduced my overdraft limit,so now i have done overdrawn illegally.i really cannot get to my reduced limit at all.what can i do please help
    Originally posted by android
  • thetrader
    That's what happens when you neglect to look at the dates!!! Hands up, my fault!
    • diable
    • By diable 5th Jan 11, 5:24 PM
    • 5,124 Posts
    • 3,968 Thanks
    diable
    I'm not sure if 42 months is a record for thread revival but it has to be up there.

Originally posted by dunstonh
    Ha Ha classic.................

most probably invested all the cash in property.........
    • Primrose
    • By Primrose 5th Jan 11, 5:26 PM
    • 7,053 Posts
    • 24,068 Thanks
    Primrose
    Whoops - have deleted my post. I hadn't realised the time lag involved here.
    Last edited by Primrose; 05-01-2011 at 7:46 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,789Posts Today

6,532Users online

Martin's Twitter