Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 23rd Jul 07, 6:25 PM
    • 8,109Posts
    • 42,244Thanks
    MSE Martin
    0 WOW
    Beat My Quote! Travel Agents Thread
    • 23rd Jul 07, 6:25 PM
    0 WOW
    Beat My Quote! Travel Agents Thread 23rd Jul 07 at 6:25 PM
    What’s this about?

This is a special thread where you can ask all the Travel Agents and MoneySavers who frequent this board to beat a holiday quote you have and get personalised replies.

The idea is to see if someone can beat a quote for a specific holiday; not just a general price. So you need an exact quote. E.g.

"I've been quoted £507 per person, all-in for 2 people to Hotel Martino, half-board in the Dominican Republic leaving Gatwick on 3rd of the month returning on the 17th with Tour Operator Airtours.

Can anyone beat it?"

If you haven’t got a quote, then first go to the Package Holidays: Undercut the cheapest prices and Cheap Flight and Hotel Finding article.

IMPORTANT. To protect you, the rules are very strict

Please read this in detail before making a request.

Why does this exist?

Many travel agents regularly add information in this Travel Board, and MoneySavers often request their help. Yet the Forum has strict rules against advertising/posting for commercial gain, so this thread has been designed to allow MoneySavers to ask for the Travel Agents help without breaking the rules; so both the agents who help and the MoneySavers can benefit. As part of this Travel agents have been given a Travel Agents Code of Conduct.

STEP 1 Find the best quote before you post.

As you need to start with a quote before it can be beaten, first head to either the Cheap Flight and Hotel Finding or Cheap Packages: Haggle 15% off the cost articles. Once you’ve been through that and have a decent price, then you’re ready for this thread.

STEP 2. Post your quote here to see if it can be beaten

Click reply to this post (you must be registered to do this, it’s totally free, and is only necessary to stop spammers) and then post the best quote you have received so far, but don’t include your e-mail or any personal details (other than holiday details).

Include the following:
    • The Quote itself:
    • Who the quote is from:
    • Is there a booking fee:
    • The Tour Operator/Airline/Hotel:
    • The departure Airport/Post:
    • The Holiday Dates:
    • The number of people travelling (inc kids ages):
    • The Hotel (or * if it’s allocate on arrival):
    • The Board (self catering/half board etc):
    • Any specific requirements:
    • Is an in-flight meal included:
    STEP 3: Now Travel Agents/MoneySavers will PM you

Travel agents and any other MoneySavers who want to help; will then send you a private message with their best possible deal in it if they can beat your current quote (this may take hours or days or you may not get any replies, keep checking).

When you have messages, you will see this noted in the personal message note at the top of the page; though you need to be logged in to see it.

Never include your e-mail or any personal details until you are sure it is the deal you want; and then always check the legitimacy of the agent before continuing.

STEP 4: Responding to the Private Messages

If someone has sent you a decent quote, simply reply to the private message and start the communication. If anyone sends you an inappropriate Private Message (PM) or one that breaks the rules, please report it to abuse@moneysavingexpert.com

STEP 5: Always check out who you’re dealing with before sending money

This thread is here for your convenience, MoneySavingExpert has no connection with any of the travel agents that post and cannot vouch for the legitimacy of quotes. Many non-travel agent MoneySavers who know the travel market may also send you their suggestions.

Remember, MoneySavingExpert does not check the legitimacy of those saying they’re travel agents, that’s a check you must make yourself - you book and pay at your own risk.

STEP 6: Once you’ve got the holiday you want

If you find a deal or no longer require the quote, please go back to your post and click “edit” and then add “Holiday now booked” to it. If you don’t then it’s unfair on those who are doing work to find you the best deal.

If you can add how much you paid in the end and whether this system worked or not, that’d be great. However please do not mention the name or any details about which individual travel agent/poster was cheapest as that would break the site's advertising rules.

Rules for Travel Agents responding to this thread
    • Please reply by PM. Very strictly do not reply in this thread.
    • You must have the Travel Agents Code of Conduct signature if you are going to respond in this thread.
    • Do not send your phone number or e-mail in the initial PM, only do it if it is requested in successive PMs.
    • Only respond with an actual quote of a real holiday or deal. Responses such as “I can often do prices for around £xxx” is not acceptable, it must be an actual holiday quote.
    • If the details are not sufficient it is permitted to ask any clarification questions such as “can you confirm what board level you want?” but bear in mind rule 4. above for such matters. Also please do suggest that the person alters their post if there an obvious omission in the details.
    • It is hoped this system will allow helpful travel agents to earn money by providing the very lowest prices, but to ensure no one is trying to dupe MoneySavers; MoneySavingExpert will blind test this on a regular basis – any agents breaking these rules will be permanently barred from using the Forums.
    Rules for Non-Travel Agents responding to this thread

Providing you have no commercial link to any of the companies you are suggesting, then the rules are much less strict. If you just have a good idea of what people can do and want to share it – feel free to PM them; but do inform them you are not a travel agent and are just trying to help.

Martin
    Last edited by MSE Martin; 24-07-2007 at 10:37 AM.
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
Page 572
    • bigmc1_9
    • By bigmc1_9 16th May 17, 2:14 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    bigmc1_9
    The Quote itself: £1490.60
    Who the quote is from: First Choice
    Is there a booking fee: no
    The Tour Operator/Airline/Hotel: First Choice
    The departure Airport/Post: Glasgow
    The Holiday Dates: 16/09/17 - 26/09/17
    The number of people travelling (inc kids ages): 2 adults 1 baby (10month) 1 Child (3 year old)
    The Hotel (or * if it’s allocate on arrival):Hotel Saturno / Club Mac
    The Board (self catering/half board etc): AI
    Any specific requirements: Premium Room + Select your seat
    Is an in-flight meal included: no
    Last edited by bigmc1_9; 16-05-2017 at 2:16 PM.
    • MATTR5
    • By MATTR5 16th May 17, 2:26 PM
    • 579 Posts
    • 130 Thanks
    MATTR5
    re Club Mac
    Hi bigmc

Cant do anything on First Choice - same company as Thomsons - great price though as Jet2 want loads more for the same holiday

I am a Travel Agent
    Iíve sent you a PM
    My companyís ABTA/ATOL numbers are G9172/6053. MSE doesn't check my status as a Travel Agent, so you need to take my word for it. You can check my ATOL with the CAA. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Travel Agent Code of Conduct.
    • flem007_uk
    • By flem007_uk 19th May 17, 11:03 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    flem007_uk
    The Quote itself: £779.78 in total (389.99 each) plus 0.5% cashback
    Who the quote is from: Thomas Cook
    Is there a booking fee: No
    The Tour Operator/Airline/Hotelhomas Cook
    The departure Airport/Post: Gatwick
    The Holiday Dates: 11 - 18 July 2017
    The number of people travelling (inc kids ages): 2 adults
    The Hotel (or * if it’s allocate on arrival): Pacifae Golden Village, Kefalonia
    The Board (self catering/half board etc): B and B
    Transfers Included
    No pre booked seat or in flight food
    Last edited by flem007_uk; 19-05-2017 at 11:07 AM.
    • MATTR5
    • By MATTR5 19th May 17, 11:09 AM
    • 579 Posts
    • 130 Thanks
    MATTR5
    Hi Flem

As this includes the £100 off offer they have its quite tough to beat - my price would be £772 saving you an additional 1%

I am a Travel Agent
    I’ve sent you a PM
    My company’s ABTA/ATOL numbers are G9172/6053. MSE doesn't check my status as a Travel Agent, so you need to take my word for it. You can check my ATOL with the CAA. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Travel Agent Code of Conduct.
    • atruefaker
    • By atruefaker 21st May 17, 11:35 AM
    • 121 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    atruefaker
    Hi

I know this is quite a general enquiry but I am struggling to find a holiday in budget.

I need a beach family all (inclusive holiday). I am have been searching but the quotes online or calling agents are quoting nearly £7000 - 9000!

2 x adults
    2 x Children (13 and 15)
    Dates: 29th July for 14 nights
    All Inclusive - beach resort
    Destinations: anywhere hot but not Egypt or Turkey
    rating: 4 star or above
    Budget: £5000
    Airport: London (all) or Birmingham

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
    • magough
    • By magough 21st May 17, 5:21 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    magough
    Cyorus Holiday
    Hi, i've used this several times and you travel agents usually come up trumps so fingers crossed for 2017

• The Quote itself: £1433
    • Who the quote is from: Thomson
    • Is there a booking fee: No
    • The Tour Operator/Airline/Hotel: Thomson/Hotel/Tasia Maris
    • The departure Airport/Post: Gatwick
    • The Holiday Dates: 13-20 Aug 2017
    • The number of people travelling (inc kids ages): 2 adults
    • The Hotel (or * if itís allocate on arrival): Tasia Maris
    • The Board (self catering/half board etc): Half Board
    • Any specific requirements:
    • Is an in-flight meal included: No.
    Note:
    We don't require half board.
    Dates are flexible but need to be August and need to be back by 1st September.
    This price is for a sea view room and includes 2 suitcases and transfers, which we need.

We wanted to book our usual Napa Plaza hotel but found this cheaper.
    Would also be interested in Napa Plaza around the same price please.

Thanks in advance.
    • MATTR5
    • By MATTR5 22nd May 17, 9:59 AM
    • 579 Posts
    • 130 Thanks
    MATTR5
    re Cyprus Holiday
    Hi magough

Sorry we are more expensive on this and the Napa Plaza - we do have the Tasia Maris in a Seaview from Stansted on 19th August at the same price with Jet2Hols so you get 22kg hold bags each but cant beat the price. Napa Plaza is about £1600

ps Just a reminder to everyone we are Guaranteeing to beat Thomas Cook and Jet2Holidays prices this month - just post on the Forum and we will reply

I am a Travel Agent
    Iíve sent you a PM
    My companyís ABTA/ATOL numbers are G9172/6053. MSE doesn't check my status as a Travel Agent, so you need to take my word for it. You can check my ATOL with the CAA. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Travel Agent Code of Conduct.
    • davilown
    • By davilown 25th May 17, 12:51 PM
    • 1,458 Posts
    • 939 Thanks
    davilown
    Hi

Appreciate any better costings on this - the premium economy can just be for 2 pers with airport lounge for the other 2 (kids can suffer as its our anniversary!) Also happy to play with dates by 7 days, and Airport (can do Birmingham) if cheaper.

Would ove a none coach transfer as well. The hotel does offer a free upgrade on anniversaries (it's our 20th) but I can;t seem to get that on the website.

First Choice

£6764.32

£1691.08 per personInc £703.68 Total Discount 4 Adults

HOTEL
    Azul Fives by Karisma
    in Playa del Carmen, Mexico - Caribbean Coast, Mexico

FLIGHTS
    10 nights

LONDON GATWICK - CANCUN
    Fri 22 Jun 2018 09:40 14:00 Thomson Airways-Direct
    Mon 2 Jul 2018 16:15 07:30 Thomson Airways-Direct
    +1 Day

Premium Club ◊ 4 +£968.00
    Adult Flight Meal ◊ 4 Included
    23 kg luggage ◊ 4 Included
    Change flight options

ROOM & BOARD
    Deluxe Double Room with Balcony or Terrace ◊ 2 Included
    All Inclusive
    Change room & board type

EXTRAS
    World care Fund donation £4.00
    Coach Transfer Included
    Change extras

PRICE BREAKDOWN
    Discount - £703.68
    Basic Holiday£6496.00
    Options & Extras (total)£972.00

TOTAL PRICE £6764.32 4 Adults
    Back in Debt £1830,545/£225,000 on a mortgage, Overpayment £96 pm - Aim to be Mortgage free by 2028
    £27000/£27000 paid off Feb 2010 since LBM Jan 2007!
    • MATTR5
    • By MATTR5 25th May 17, 1:15 PM
    • 579 Posts
    • 130 Thanks
    MATTR5
    re Azul Fives
    Hi davilown

I can save you £175 off the total of this like fopr like so we would be £6589

Everything like for like

Obviously if just 2 Premium then price will be less but still £175 less than booking direct

We can do upgrades to Private Transfers

Here are the details of the Anniversary offer - you would need to do a room upgrade to get this

Complimentary honeymoon and anniversary package available when booking a 1-bedroom or 2-bedroom suite for a minimum of 10 nights. Package includes 2-for-1 on beachfront sky massage, sparkling wine, flowers, 15% discount on spa services, romantic rose petals and candles in your room. This offer is valid until 31st October 2016.

Please note arrivals from 1st November 2016, will need to book a 1-bedroom sky suite to recieve the honeymoon and anniversary offer.

Just to let you know to be entitled to this offer your booking must be within 60 days of the wedding or within 30 days of the anniversary. Proof of marriage required on arrival - a copy of marriage certificate or wedding invite and wedding photos. This offer isn't valid on group bookings or if you're travelling with the wedding party.

(That info is from the First Choice website)

I am a Travel Agent
    Iíve sent you a PM
    • South East Andrew
    • By South East Andrew 30th May 17, 9:01 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    South East Andrew
    Cruise quote
    Price quoted is £2,241 per person with two people travelling. Quote via internet site.

Cruise company: Azamara
    Ship: Azamara Quest

2 Adults travelling
    Date: 20th November 2017 for seven nights leaving from Miami
    Room Class: V2
    No booking fee

No flights or accommodation in Miami required
    • MATTR5
    • By MATTR5 31st May 17, 10:49 AM
    • 579 Posts
    • 130 Thanks
    MATTR5
    re Azamara
    Hi Andrew

They are including a discount of £174 per person in that price so I cant beat it

I am a Travel Agent
    Iíve sent you a PM
    • shannon thompson
    • By shannon thompson 1st Jun 17, 2:24 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    shannon thompson
    Dreams La Romana Resort and Spa
    The Quote itself: £2,136

Who the quote is from: Best at Travel

The Tour Operator/Airline/Hotel: Best at travel / British Airways / Dreams La Romana Resort and Spa

The Holiday Dates: 1st Sept 17 - 10 sept 17

The Hotel (or * if itís allocate on arrival): Dreams La Romana Resort and Spa
    The Board (self catering/half board etc) All Inclusive

Any specific requirements:
    Is an in-flight meal included: not sure, must be
    Note:
    Dates have to be at the start of September
    This price is for a Premium Deluxe Garden View on All inclusive but if you can do preffered for a good price club we would be very happy
    Last edited by shannon thompson; 01-06-2017 at 2:25 PM. Reason: missed the title
    • MATTR5
    • By MATTR5 1st Jun 17, 3:10 PM
    • 579 Posts
    • 130 Thanks
    MATTR5
    Hi shannon

Its a good price - its very close to our nett so I cant really beat it

I am a Travel Agent
    I’ve sent you a PM
    My company’s ABTA/ATOL numbers are G9172/6053. MSE doesn't check my status as a Travel Agent, so you need to take my word for it. You can check my ATOL with the CAA. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Travel Agent Code of Conduct.
    • samal
    • By samal 5th Jun 17, 10:38 PM
    • 71 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    samal
    The Quote itself: £1941.20
    Who the quote is from: Thomson on line
    Is there a booking fee: no
    The Tour Operator/Airline/Hotel: Thomson, direct flights
    The Holiday Dates: 17/07/17 (Depart: 08:45 Arrive: 14:50) - 24/07/17 (Depart: 16:05 Arrive: 18:15)
    The number of people travelling (inc kids ages): 3 adults, 1 Standard Room :Room offers 1 king size bed and 1 couch
    The Hotel (or * if it’s allocate on arrival)UI SENSATORI RESORT FETHIYE, Fethiye, Dalaman Area, Turkey
    The Board (self catering/half board etc): AI
    Any specific requirements: Fethiye, Dalaman Area, Turkey
    Is an in-flight meal included: no
    Chosen Mon to Mon for the flight times
    • MATTR5
    • By MATTR5 6th Jun 17, 1:53 PM
    • 579 Posts
    • 130 Thanks
    MATTR5
    Hi Samal

We can beat this by £20 - sorry cant save you more than that but its Thomsons - we can do much bigger savings on Thomas Cooks, Jet2Holidays, Kuoni etc etc

I am a Travel Agent
    I’ve sent you a PM
    • jeniskinner888
    • By jeniskinner888 12th Jun 17, 1:46 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jeniskinner888
    Boa Vista
    Boa Vista, Cape Verde for 2
    Anytime between 30th June and 11th July for either 1 week, 10 or 11 days
    Riu Touareg Hotel
    Current price £886 each
    • MATTR5
    • By MATTR5 12th Jun 17, 1:58 PM
    • 579 Posts
    • 130 Thanks
    MATTR5
    re Riu Touareg
    The cheapest way to book this will be on Thomson or First Choice website

I am a Travel Agent
    Iíve sent you a PM
    • Y4MLN
    • By Y4MLN 13th Jun 17, 2:15 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Y4MLN
    Dubai Holiday
    The Quote itself: £2759
    Who the quote is from: Southall Travel
    The Tour Operator/Airline/Hotel: Emirates/One and Only Royal Mirage The Palace
    The departure Airport/Post: Manchester
    The Holiday Dates: 21-29 Aug 2017
    The Hotel (or * if itís allocate on arrival): Only Royal Mirage The Palace
    The Board (self catering/half board etc): Half Board
    Any specific requirements: Emirates flight departing manchester at 21:15 and departing dubai 14:35.
    Is an in-flight meal included: Yes.
    • lous
    • By lous 13th Jun 17, 6:39 AM
    • 99 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    lous
    Want a 5-7 night trip to Vegas. My best find below...

The Quote itself: £1776 (minus 200£ using code "extra200) not including resort fees
    Who the quote is from: thomas cook
    The Tour Operator/Airline/Hotel: Thomas cook, Thomas cook, new York New York
    The departure Airport/Post: Manchester
    The Holiday Dates: 27 Aug - 3 Sept 2017
    The Hotel (or * if it’s allocate on arrival): New York New York
    The Board (self catering/half board etc): self catering
    Any specific requirements: Direct flights (ideally the option to book extra leg room), holiday can be any time in September so pretty flexible with dates. Want a nice hotel as it's for a birthday.
    Is an in-flight meal included: Yes.
    • MATTR5
    • By MATTR5 13th Jun 17, 9:52 AM
    • 579 Posts
    • 130 Thanks
    MATTR5
    re Hotel New York, New York
    Hi Lous

Don't laugh but i couldn't find this holiday for ages and then realised i was searching for New York not Hotel New York, Las Vegas - oops

Anyway - Yes we can beat this even with the £200 off - so we can save you an additional £50 saving you £250 altogether so total will be £1526 - all with Thomas Cooks so like for like

I am a Travel Agent
    Iíve sent you a PM
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,196Posts Today

8,109Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • PS Today's poll is obviously inspired by the real question I was asked and tweeted about last night.

• Not all firms have panels and HR teams. There are many very small businesses out there without such resources :) https://t.co/cLo0zO7Yqu

• Today's twitter poll: If someone has a job interview, but not received any salary info at all, whens the best time for them to ask about it?

• Follow Martin