Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE David P
    • By Former MSE David P 22nd Oct 14, 10:00 AM
    • 13Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Former MSE David P
    Plusnet broadband top pick, we want your feedback
    • 22nd Oct 14, 10:00 AM
    Plusnet broadband top pick, we want your feedback 22nd Oct 14 at 10:00 AM
    Hi all,

In our broadband guide Plusnet broadband is in our top picks.

We're after feedback from people who have applied for this deal and want to know your experience and if you had any trouble getting the broadband.

Thanks for all help in advance
Page 11
    • shaggy
    • By shaggy 15th Aug 17, 10:34 AM
    • 886 Posts
    • 168 Thanks
    shaggy
    I finally got BT to give me a great retentions deal after countless times trying, so I'm waiting now on online chat with Plusnet to cancel my migration over to them! A pain really as you really do have to wait an hour or so. I dont ever recall waiting this long with BT!
    • johnnyfardle
    • By johnnyfardle 15th Aug 17, 7:12 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    johnnyfardle
    Switched to the B/B phone and inclusive deal last month. All good, got the 50 quid cheque within days (fill out the email request). Only problem, my old supplier is still charging despite sending mails requesting 'feedback' on leaving their service. Will give it until next month to see what's going on. (I'll be 72 quid out of pocket by then)
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 15th Aug 17, 9:27 PM
    • 3,268 Posts
    • 1,483 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    Only problem, my old supplier is still charging
    Originally posted by johnnyfardle
    BT, if I remember correctly, collected a direct debit after changeoever but paid back the required a month later. If you're worried contact your previous provider.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature because somebody complained that the information contained within it was too helpful.
    • littlecabbage
    • By littlecabbage 29th Nov 17, 1:46 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    littlecabbage
    I have just signed up for the current Plusnet deal - previously wth BT but this deal cheaper, and Plusnet service feedback appeared to be okay.

So far, they took over the telephone line a week before they were able to book in for an engineer to visit, which they said was necessary to begin the broadband service. So I have been without internet connection for a week. I don't even use my home telephone line, so this was of no use to me.

The engineer was meant to come today, but having waited at home from 8am-1pm (the time slot booked), and with no-one turning up, I rang customer services. After 20 minutes on hold, somebody finally answered. After being passed around a couple of departments, I was informed that the line had been checked and an engineer visit was not necessary, and that if I now plugged in the new router, it should work.

I do not know if anyone would have bothered to inform me of this if I hadn't rung them, and I had been previously told not to plug in the router until the engineer had been!

So I'm not particularly impressed with the service so far, but we shall see what kind of broadband speeds etc I get now....
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 29th Nov 17, 2:48 PM
    • 2,837 Posts
    • 13,326 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    Plusnet were not bad until I had issues with speed which they could not resolve, then when I terminated they did not know I had left, 3 months after changing supplier they sent me a email telling me I would be now disconnected.
    There are more questions than answers
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times
    UK Resident
    • Froggy27
    • By Froggy27 1st Dec 17, 11:31 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Froggy27
    Disappointed with Plusnet.. been with them for almost 20 years.. yes there were madasafish before.. always offered me good prices and discount. We had technical problems mainly speed and dropouts especially lately but eventually they deal with them. Now my contract with discount is over and the new one is 3 times the price for Broadband Only... all is can say is that they had a price increase in June...that's very steep.. so on the hunt for a better deal..
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,010Posts Today

6,195Users online

Martin's Twitter