Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE David P
    • By Former MSE David P 7th Oct 14, 6:23 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Former MSE David P
    BT Broadband top pick, we want your feedback
    • 7th Oct 14, 6:23 PM
    BT Broadband top pick, we want your feedback 7th Oct 14 at 6:23 PM
    Hi all,

In our broadband guide BT broadband is in our top picks.

We're after feedback from people who have applied this deal and want to know your experience and if you had any trouble getting the broadband.

Thanks for all help in advance
    Last edited by Former MSE David P; 20-10-2014 at 9:43 AM.
Page 7
    • Negris
    • By Negris 8th May 17, 10:19 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Negris
    Is this start of BT nightmare?
    Placed my BT order on April 19 from MSE link to Unlimited Infinity 1 deal with £150 BT Reward Card and £50 cashback.

Went to claim my Reward Card, logged in with my BT ID as given to be told "You are not eligible to claim a reward, please see FAQs for more information" - Why?

I also have the same issue as other when attempting claim to claim the £50 cashback. There is no mention of MSE in the cashback sites!!
    I am now going to be £200 out of pocket? MSE, you led me down this path. Help!!!
    • foneweb
    • By foneweb 8th May 17, 11:02 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    foneweb
    Placed my BT order on April 19 from MSE link to Unlimited Infinity 1 deal with £150 BT Reward Card and £50 cashback.

Went to claim my Reward Card, logged in with my BT ID as given to be told "You are not eligible to claim a reward, please see FAQs for more information" - Why?

I also have the same issue as other when attempting claim to claim the £50 cashback. There is no mention of MSE in the cashback sites!!
    I am now going to be £200 out of pocket? MSE, you led me down this path. Help!!!
    Originally posted by Negris
    I am having the same problem I ordered through the link on MSE on 17th April for the £150 reward card and £50 cashback but the claim pages say I am not eligible.

I tried the BT customer services who would get back to me within 72 hours, that passed three days ago with no reply.

Is there anyone that can help?
    • rossh477
    • By rossh477 12th May 17, 4:24 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rossh477
    Useless
    Broadband was supposed to go live on 2nd May but due to amazing incompetence will now be 17th at the earliest, thought my sky broadband would run until then but it has now stopped also

Never ever thought i would be saying this but wish i had stayed with Sky and would advise anyone against switching to BT based on this.
    • s1h
    • By s1h 15th May 17, 8:54 AM
    • 478 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    s1h
    Having the same issue with the reward card myself, although my service is working fine and was up and running when they said it would be.

I've spoke to them on the online chat but they didn't enstill much confidence. Apparently I'll hear from The gift team in 7 days..
    • s1h
    • By s1h 15th May 17, 7:42 PM
    • 478 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    s1h
    Funnily enough after posting the above I've had an email and a text from them confirming my reward and that it will be sent within 30 days
    • Nobbie1967
    • By Nobbie1967 15th May 17, 9:09 PM
    • 612 Posts
    • 722 Thanks
    Nobbie1967
    I ordered mine in October and was left without broadband for two weeks. Was passed from one call handler to another without success. Eventually escalated to a UK POC who has still not managed to transfer my number across. I applied for the £50 cash back and nothing has been received. When I applied for the £125 on the card it said I was not eligible. I plan to give a final ring to "Debbie" tomorrow, but unless I get told when I will finally have my number transferred, I'll be writing to Gavin Patterson to explain just how poor his company is.
    • charlysays
    • By charlysays 15th May 17, 11:36 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    charlysays
    I would save yourself the bother of being with BT and look elsewhere for a cheap price rather than their rewards offers. The links don't work. You'll be informed you're 'not eligible' and still be none the wiser after numerous attempts for help via the online chat system.
    I spent approx one hour trying to get some sense out of one handler. (The complaint chat logs deliberately don't have times next to comments to mask how long it takes.) At the same time I went through the fake motions of 'purchasing' a new BB package and asking for help via that chat system. Would you believe the difference is astonishing? The chat is quick, the times are shown on those logs, and when I asked about any reported problems I'd heard about claiming rewards back, the handler confidently informed me that 'we haven't heard any issues like that!'
    Still waiting for a call back, or any contact at all for over two weeks. Never again BT, and MSE these deals should come with a serious warning from you, there's enough bad feedback now!
    • SK2010
    • By SK2010 17th May 17, 2:43 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SK2010
    BEWARE OF ONLINE BT DEALS with CASHBACK- Irresponsible reply from BT sales team
    tried the current offer of Ultd Bb with weekend calls, I have BT line but current contract with SKY- when placing online order, the order includes a one off line activation charge of 49.99£, when rung BT, they advised to contact online chat team as they have access to different system, the chat agent was from technical team, advised to discuss with sales team, where a female staff took the call and was offering to place order over phone which doesn't include 150£ order.
    when she tried to place the order, it didn't include activation charge(!!!!), when asked to clarify the charge above, her answer was its a different system, we have nothing to do about online order system, the cash back if for you taking full responsibility of the order!!!??????

IT IS A VERY UNETHICAL AND UNFAIR ATTITUDE from BT, I don't care about their cash bak, there is no transparency, THINK MANY TIMES BEFORE YOU PLACE THE ORDER

Hi all,

In our broadband guide BT broadband is in our top picks.

We're after feedback from people who have applied this deal and want to know your experience and if you had any trouble getting the broadband.

Thanks for all help in advance
    Originally posted by Former MSE David P
    • GaryUK
    • By GaryUK 18th May 17, 12:04 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    GaryUK
    Truly Awful Company
    I've given up with BT. After originally placing an order on 31 March, my phone line went live on time but the broadband didn't. Despite numerous calls and complaints, several different case managers, the order being cancelled and reordered, we now have no phone line or broadband. Until last week we were lucky that the Sky Broadband we had before was still working, but that too has stopped.
    I've now decided to cancel the order entirely, along with the BT Mobile order I'd also placed, as that relied on having BT Broadband to get a discount.
    Given they're probably the biggest communication company in the country, the communication within that company is atrocious. Like many, I was attracted by the offer of a Mastercard and cashback. Sadly, it has been a truly dreadful experience. And they now own EE, so that's another company to avoid too.
    • boatman
    • By boatman 18th May 17, 3:31 PM
    • 3,353 Posts
    • 2,348 Thanks
    boatman
    Broadband was supposed to go live on 2nd May but due to amazing incompetence will now be 17th at the earliest, thought my sky broadband would run until then but it has now stopped also

Never ever thought i would be saying this but wish i had stayed with Sky and would advise anyone against switching to BT based on this.
    Originally posted by rossh477
    Same thing happened to me last summer. Contacted the directors office, still went 3 weeks without broadband.
    • Zed13
    • By Zed13 18th May 17, 10:42 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Zed13
    My BT broadband switch was supposed to be activated on 4th May. A catalogue of errors and I am still waiting for broadband with no date given when I can be reconnected. Really regretting switching from Plusnet who were very good whenever I called them. I was attracted to switch by BT offer and advertising on how it's easy to switch and we should all be doing it to get the best deals. I would say don't bother as it never goes smoothly, especially if it's BT involved! Been stung twice by them.

All we can do is get this raised to the ADR and ultimately Ofcom. Maybe if enough of us complain Ofcom will be forced to react.
    • skipjim
    • By skipjim 8th Jun 17, 4:02 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    skipjim
    BT Broadband feedback
    Was thinking about taking up the current BT link but every single piece of feedback is negative, not one positive post. Does that not tell you something? why does MSE continue to promote BT offers when they are obviously not meeting their promises? Think I'll go elsewhere.
    • phillw
    • By phillw 8th Jun 17, 4:39 PM
    • 674 Posts
    • 340 Thanks
    phillw
    Was thinking about taking up the current BT link but every single piece of feedback is negative, not one positive post. Does that not tell you something?
    Originally posted by skipjim
    It does tell you something. Only annoyed people post feedback. My switch went great, no complaints yet.
    • Rev
    • By Rev 3rd Jul 17, 11:06 PM
    • 2,979 Posts
    • 2,708 Thanks
    Rev
    Would like to check the BT deal listed in the deals but the link doesn't work.

Tried three different browsers.
    Sigless
    • mouse10
    • By mouse10 6th Jul 17, 9:41 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    mouse10
    My switch went fine. Couldn't claim the rewards card from their website, but did finally get it after complaining. However, can't get anywhere with the £50 cash back.
    Made the claim, service went live 3/5/17, chased cash back 3 times which is a time consuming operation. Still waiting.........
    Charles J
    • T1988
    • By T1988 12th Jul 17, 8:36 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    T1988
    BT Broadband Top pick £304yr plus cashback
    Recently contacted BT about this deal. Have a residential line with third party provider and a business line at same property with BT!.

BT still insist that an engineer is required even though we have a working line at an extra cost of £49.99. Despite early assurances that we can port the residential number (please note that 3rd party provider has confirmed that they would not charge for this) BT have followed up with a call to say that they cannot transfer our existing number.

BE VERY AWARE.
    • thebigbosh
    • By thebigbosh 17th Aug 17, 12:08 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 825 Thanks
    thebigbosh
    I'm trying to do an application for the BT infinity latest deal but I can't seem to remove BT Sport from the application... In the sport selection page I select no BT sport but then it appears in my order summary seemingly out of nowhere. Anything I'm missing as a trick to remove it?
    School is important, but Rugby is importanter.
    • thebigbosh
    • By thebigbosh 17th Aug 17, 12:18 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 825 Thanks
    thebigbosh
    ah found the issue. Even if you select No Thanks for BT Sport, if you deselect BT Call protect then BT sport at £3.50 a month is added to your order. Seems like a bug to me. Reported it to BT help on chat, but all she wanted to do was give me her own link to the deal... probably to get the referral fee.
    School is important, but Rugby is importanter.
    • vacheron
    • By vacheron 17th Aug 17, 12:24 PM
    • 697 Posts
    • 584 Thanks
    vacheron
    ah found the issue. Even if you select No Thanks for BT Sport, if you deselect BT Call protect then BT sport at £3.50 a month is added to your order. Seems like a bug to me. Reported it to BT help on chat, but all she wanted to do was give me her own link to the deal... probably to get the referral fee.
    Originally posted by thebigbosh
    I found the same when I applied about 2 weeks ago. They said it was a bug in the form and to try it again. When I did it the second time it worked fine.

I applied for the same deal for my mum yesterday and that bug seemed to have gone, but we found a new one. (If you have an existing phone number and select to keep it, the next screen states that you will receive a new phone number. Back to online chat again and they told us we can safely ignore it!

PS, when we applied Quidco were doing £135 cashback. Mine tracked within 3 hours.
    Last edited by vacheron; 17-08-2017 at 12:26 PM.
    • The rich buy assets.
    • The poor only have expenses.
    • The middle class buy liabilities they think are assets.
    Robert T. Kiyosaki
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,775Posts Today

8,996Users online

Martin's Twitter