Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE David P
    • By Former MSE David P 7th Oct 14, 6:18 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Former MSE David P
    MSE EE broadband deal : We want your feedback
    • 7th Oct 14, 6:18 PM
    MSE EE broadband deal : We want your feedback 7th Oct 14 at 6:18 PM
    Hi all,

In our broadband guide EE is in our top picks.

We're after feedback from people who have applied this offer and want to know your experience and if you had any trouble getting the broadband.

Thanks for all help in advance
    Last edited by Former MSE David P; 08-10-2014 at 11:25 AM.
Page 16
    • MrsMoo243
    • By MrsMoo243 8th Sep 17, 11:08 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MrsMoo243
    Beware of mse ee broadband deal
    MSE website quotes

'Until Thur 21 Sep, new customers to EE broadband* (ie, those who don't currently have it installed) can get the firm's unlimited up-to-17Mb speed broadband on an 18-month contract'

But beware as I am now stuck with 1Mb minimum guaranteed speed which is NOT sufficient to stream TV or EVEN check emails without constant buffering!

At time of sale, the only line speeds discussed were the estimated speed of between 3.5-5.5Mb.
    • nickcc
    • By nickcc 8th Sep 17, 3:53 PM
    • 1,721 Posts
    • 752 Thanks
    nickcc
    My switch took place yesterday, all completed by 1pm. Speed started at 3 Mbps download but is now between 14 and 15 Mbps. I have the dual socket with no micro filter so plugged the router in to the top socket and phone in to the bottom one. I tried using the included micro filter plugging the phone and router in to it but this cut my speed down to 3 Mbps, could this be your problem ?
    • teamwork
    • By teamwork 8th Oct 17, 3:38 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    teamwork
    Question - 12 Month or 18 Month for Mastercard offer?
    Hi,

Can someone please tell me if I will still get the £100 Mastercard if I prepay £199 for 12 months of line rental rather than £299 for 18 months of line rental?

Also, can I avoid the £7 for the router if I already own a router?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by teamwork; 08-10-2017 at 3:40 PM.
    • nickcc
    • By nickcc 8th Oct 17, 3:53 PM
    • 1,721 Posts
    • 752 Thanks
    nickcc
    Just to comment on my post #302 have been having problems with erratic wifi at certain times, Ethernet worked ok so getting interference. Went into the router and changed the channel from auto to 3 no no problems.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,532Posts Today

4,442Users online

Martin's Twitter