Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AB Express
    • By AB Express 27th Sep 14, 2:33 PM
    • 48Posts
    • 30Thanks
    AB Express
    VCS PCN - Help Needed
    • 27th Sep 14, 2:33 PM
    VCS PCN - Help Needed 27th Sep 14 at 2:33 PM
    Hi All, need some advice regarding a PCN from VCS. I have read through the sticky for the newbies and would like help with my situation.

The PCN was issued for 'stopping on a roadway where stopping is prohibited'. The piece of 'road' where the car had stopped on was pretty much a dirt track that is not much longer than a car that leads to wasteland. The car was pulled over to check an oil leak and the photos on the PCN show the driver bent over looking under the car.

I have ignored the letters. So far I have had 2 from VCS and have received 2 from DRP (second received today).

I would just like to know what my options are. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by AB Express; 15-11-2016 at 8:02 PM.
Page 4
    • AB Express
    • By AB Express 11th Sep 16, 3:52 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    AB Express
    Thanks Coupon-mad. Think they also referred to me as Mrs too in one letter.
    Last edited by AB Express; 11-09-2016 at 4:44 PM.
    • catfunt
    • By catfunt 11th Sep 16, 4:16 PM
    • 477 Posts
    • 701 Thanks
    catfunt
    Please edit the post above if it gives any clue as to your identity.
    Got a Private Parking Notice??
    ** Do Not Pay
    ** Do Not Ignore a Notice to Keeper (except Scotland)
    ** Do not mention who was driving (No "Me" Myself" "I")
    ** Never, ever phone a Private Parking Company
    ** Please read the NEWBIES thread at the top of the forum
    • AB Express
    • By AB Express 13th Sep 16, 12:47 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    AB Express
    Here is my first draft of the letter to BW.

Thank you for your letter dated XXXXXXX.

I note in your letter that you have said you will not be communicating with me further yet you ask me to provide evidence that I have never been the registered keeper of a vehicle with the registration XXXXXXX.

I have entered the vehicle registration XXXXXXX into the below sites and all show that that registration does not exist.

[list sites here]

As I dispute this charge and consider this matter now closed, I politely request that you do not contact me further and refer it back to your client VCS. Should further correspondence be forthcoming I will be left with no choice but to report BW Legal to the SRA (Solicitors' Regulatory Authority) and the CSA (Credit Services Association) for the misleading information contained within this, and previous letters.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Sep 16, 3:00 PM
    • 11,015 Posts
    • 16,449 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    As I dispute this charge and consider this matter now closed, I politely request that you Do not contact me further (save to confirm that the charge is dropped) and refer it back to your client VCS. Should further correspondence be forthcoming I will be left with no choice but to report BW Legal to the SRA (Solicitors' Regulatory Authority) and the CSA (Credit Services Association) for the misleading information contained within this, and previous letters.
    No need for 'politeness', this isn't about being polite, but being assertive. Politeness will not gain you any favours, you need to appear as feisty as possible - that may make them decide to take on more shrinking violets elsewhere.

Be prepared to carry out your threat to report them to the SRA and CSA. Do not threaten unless you will execute the threat, otherwise another 'weakness' is exposed and may well give them a green light to continue hassling you.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • AB Express
    • By AB Express 14th Sep 16, 10:51 AM
    • 48 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    AB Express
    Response emailed this morning.
    • AB Express
    • By AB Express 1st Oct 16, 3:53 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    AB Express
    Received a letter from BW Legal this morning, a response to the Part 18 Request I sent.

Should I post some of the details here? Seems very much a cut and paste response.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 1st Oct 16, 4:20 PM
    • 4,147 Posts
    • 4,767 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Received a letter from BW Legal this morning, a response to the Part 18 Request I sent.

Should I post some of the details here? Seems very much a cut and paste response.
    Originally posted by AB Express
    Yes please, can you scan or photo the reply and then upload to a free site like photobucket.
    Then add the link here
    REMOVE YOUR PERSONAL INFO FIRST
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • AB Express
    • By AB Express 1st Oct 16, 9:53 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    AB Express
    Pages are in reverse order

http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/ABExpress/embed/slideshow/
    • AB Express
    • By AB Express 3rd Oct 16, 11:09 AM
    • 48 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    AB Express
    Any advice on what I need to do now please?
    • AB Express
    • By AB Express 5th Oct 16, 10:25 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    AB Express
    Received the DQ in the post today.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Oct 16, 10:32 PM
    • 40,565 Posts
    • 52,449 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    OK, so are you OK with what to do, who to serve it to?

If not, then revisit bargepole's post which is the second one linked in the NEWBIES thread under the heading 'Small Claim?'
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• AB Express
    • By AB Express 5th Oct 16, 10:39 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    AB Express
    Yes, had a read through bargepole's post earlier.

Do I need to respond to the part 18 reply from BW?
    • AB Express
    • By AB Express 11th Oct 16, 12:22 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    AB Express
    Just a quick question regarding the DQ.

Who should I send the original to, or do I keep it?

Do I send a copy to VCS, BW Legal or both?

Thanks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Oct 16, 6:52 PM
    • 40,565 Posts
    • 52,449 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    DQ - original to the court, copy to the claimant's solicitor (and keep copies of everything for yourself).

Do I need to respond to the part 18 reply from BW?
    No but it gives you a heads up as to how they will argue the case if they proceed to a hearing (not certain to happen).

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.

• AB Express
    • By AB Express 26th Oct 16, 12:35 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    AB Express
    My copy of the DQ was submitted before my deadline however the DQ from BW was submitted after. Would they have had a different deadline?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 26th Oct 16, 2:26 PM
    • 40,565 Posts
    • 52,449 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    No they submitted it late then, probably waited to see if you blinked first (hoping you would miss a court Direction).

You can draw the Judge's attention to their late DQ in your witness statement (WS) if you get a court hearing date and information about when to submit your full defence exhibits & WS.

Bargepole has posted an up-to-date thread yesterday about the court paperwork process, to make sure posters here do not miss what they have to do and when. I'll link it in the NEWBIES thread asap.

Read bargepole's NEW thread if you've not yet seen it, and refer back to it at each stage.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 26-10-2016 at 2:49 PM.

• AB Express
    • By AB Express 26th Oct 16, 2:44 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    AB Express
    Thanks Coupon-mad, just had a read through now. Guess it's just a case of sitting tight now and waiting to see what happens.
    • AB Express
    • By AB Express 8th Nov 16, 5:04 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    AB Express
    Received a hearing date in the post today.

The court believes my case is suitable for mediation. Is this worth a try or should I defend it in court?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 8th Nov 16, 6:24 PM
    • 11,015 Posts
    • 16,449 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Received a hearing date in the post today.

The court believes my case is suitable for mediation. Is this worth a try or should I defend it in court?
    Originally posted by AB Express
    If you are seriously thinking of mediation and you think you want to deal with a mediator incentivised to prevent your case going to court and a totally intransigent PPC wanted their full pound of flesh, then read here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=70242827&postcount=45

and here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71245087&postcount=42

Let us know what you decide.

PS - refusing mediation has no negative impact on any future court proceedings.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • AB Express
    • By AB Express 8th Nov 16, 6:30 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    AB Express
    I had read one of those posts after my posting my post.

On that evidence I don't think I will be bothering with mediation.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

314Posts Today

1,283Users online

Martin's Twitter