Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    mgssnake
    UKCPS and The Miah Solicitors
    • 22nd Sep 14, 3:32 PM
    UKCPS and The Miah Solicitors 22nd Sep 14 at 3:32 PM
    First of all I would just like to say thanks for reading this threat and would appreciate any help in this matter.

I received a letter today from 'The Miah Solicitors' notifying me that they have been instructed by a client - UKCPS in connection with an outstanding parking charge. The letter details my car registration, the time and place of offence and a ticket number.

The parking event is described as 'The land where the vehicle was parked had various conditions for restricted parking, whereby, parking fully complying to a specific condition, you contractually agreed to pay a parking charge plus any additional charges incurred as a result of non payment.'

It also goes on to say that there was an initial charge of 100 and as this has not been paid I need to make a payment of 275 which included legal fees within 14 days of the this letter.

The letter also does not refer to any other letters with dates and or references

The parking charge notice was due to the vehicle being parked in a disabled bay within a private gym car park. Now I have been looking through several threads on this forum today and I am overwhelmed with the amount of information available. However I am unsure as to what action I should take. Should I just ignore the letter or appeal it by writing to the solicitors firm.

I did read somewhere on this forum that parking on a disabled bay in a private care park - does not require you to display a blue/disability badge and therefore the penalty is no enforceable?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Page 4
    • bod1467
    • By bod1467 25th Jul 16, 1:30 PM
    • 14,799 Posts
    • 13,457 Thanks
    bod1467
    ???????????

Why did you resurrect a near-2 year dead thread to post that?
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 25th Jul 16, 3:44 PM
    • 6,502 Posts
    • 5,411 Thanks
    The Deep
    It may well be on the wrong thread, but it is certainly interesting.

Perhaps the poster can start his or her own thread adding more detail. This looks like a monumental fubar by Miah and should be given more publicity. If what is said is true it should certainly form the basis of a complaint to the SRA.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Katejackson
    • By Katejackson 20th Jan 17, 10:08 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Katejackson
    Hi what was the outcome of this please?
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 20th Jan 17, 10:34 PM
    • 7,002 Posts
    • 6,980 Thanks
    pogofish
    Hi what was the outcome of this please?
    Originally posted by Katejackson
    You broke your clear agreement with MSE by hijacking this old thread.

If you have an issue with this shower you need help with, please read the Newbies Sticky then start your own current thread.
    • Katejackson
    • By Katejackson 18th May 17, 10:32 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Katejackson
    I don't get what you mean sorry
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th May 17, 12:24 AM
    • 45,809 Posts
    • 58,779 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    They mean, please don't post on other people's threads (not on this board).

On here, if you want help, start by reading NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST' which you can see where to click to find, from my signature below. One click and you are off this thread and looking at today's new posts and the NEWBIES thread at the top.

Start by reading that and then, start your own thread if you still need to.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

432Posts Today

4,440Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin