Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    11summer
    hmrc tax credits passed to lcs
    • 13th Sep 14, 11:07 AM
    hmrc tax credits passed to lcs 13th Sep 14 at 11:07 AM
    Hi

any advice please not sure what to do.
    Letter saying I owe 3600 child tax credits have written to hmrc to ask how come got leter back saying i was not working between certain dates to be honest I cant remember I had become carer yo my father (I didn't claim carer allowance). I wrote asking for a payment plan etc....heard nothing. A letter came askng for full amount etc but still time to sort a payment plan!. Im afraid I was so busy with work my dad an kids I didn't reply. I then got letter ftom lcs debt collection asking for payment. So frustrated has now yhis is on my credit file. Im always lost with the renewal forms I think I usef to put down for my earnings what tax credits paid me so maybe the figure could be less. Not sure whether to enter into a payment plan with lcs wish it could be passed back but I know tjis won't happen. This has been going on now for over two years they never reply quickly. At my wits end ive had rough few years just really need advise. I just dont want to be bullied by these debt collectors I know they can be ruthless
Page 2
    • CheekyNcheerful
    • By CheekyNcheerful 26th Apr 16, 11:26 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    CheekyNcheerful
    At the wk end, I received a letter out of the blue, from Pastdue Credit Solutions... I had no idea I had an outstanding debt, so I rang HMRC to check my account... its all ok, but the debt dates back to 2010 when i claimed with my ex husband.... there is very little info on the letter from Pastdue & although it says on the government page that they use this company, ive also read some bad reviews about them & dont wish to deal with them... ive sent them a "prove it" letter... in the meantime, i rang HMRC repayment number, i was told by them I had to deal with Pastdue, but i said the lady I rang to check my account said I could choose who i wanted to pay off the debt with.... she said i could speak to HMRC head office & they set up a DD for me to pay off x amount a month...
    • sirtss4
    • By sirtss4 17th May 17, 10:56 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sirtss4
    Hi everyone,
    Though i have not received any letters from LCS, the have been calling me for some time now and leaving messages as i have not been picking up the phone. I remember when i first received a voicemail from them, it was addressed to someone different (or it was a very bad pronunciation of my name that i didnt recognised it ) asking to get it touch urgently. I blocked the number on my phone and thought nothing of it. Yesterday they tried calling again and it went straight to voicemail - now they just say to contact them urgently and leave a reference number. When i checked the forum for LCS and that they are HMRC contractors, it made me think. About a year or so ago, i contacted HMRC as i wanted to inform the of change of circumstances. I was informed that they were unable to update my records at that point as we were investigated by Connetix (or something similar) who was another HMRC contractor and they were looking into our child tax credit. I was advised that if i wanted to make any changes, i need to wait until they contact me and supply my supportive documents. After i supplied all necessary information etc. I received a letter that all amounts were correct and no further action was taken. Few months after that i contacted HMRC to inform the of a change of circumstances and during the call i was also informed that that particular contractor was no longer working for them. All the information i had submitted to the contractor had not been recorded.
    Is it possible that LCS are now trying to "investigate us" again or are they purely just trying to collect something HMRC thinks they have overpaid?? Not that we have been overpaid (not that i know of anyway). We have not received any letters from either HMRC nor LCS. Should I just leave it or would it be better to get to the bottom of this. I'm always on top of all my paperwork (ie. Bills, nursery fees etc.) and do not have any dept.
    Any advise is welcome
    P.S Apologies for the long explanation
    • maxmycardagain
    • By maxmycardagain 28th Aug 17, 10:45 AM
    • 4,384 Posts
    • 3,672 Thanks
    maxmycardagain
    LCS............dont start me...

I have paid N.I. to HMRC by DDM for years

Last year HMRC sent me (i didnt ask) a cheque for £145 "overpayment"

I banked it

NOW ... LCS are chasing me to pay last years Class 2 S/E stamp

I told em ill make sure the costs exceed the £145 then pay it
    Instead of picking fault, pick up a life........ you might like it
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,597Posts Today

8,792Users online

Martin's Twitter