Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Towser
    • By Towser 2nd Sep 14, 4:54 PM
    • 1,027Posts
    • 1,734Thanks
    Towser
    New World Renewables Ltd
    • 2nd Sep 14, 4:54 PM
    New World Renewables Ltd 2nd Sep 14 at 4:54 PM
    Have you heard of New World Renewables Ltd? Are they any good?

They do Heat Pumps, Solar Panels and Thermodynamics.

I wonder if the money works out against what they propose.

I could do with any information thanks.
Page 1
  • Ghof
    • 2nd Apr 15, 11:07 AM
    New World Renewables
    • 2nd Apr 15, 11:07 AM
    If this is the “New World Renewables” with an address in Deal Kent – yes we have heard of them.
    This our story.
    In September 2013 a Mr. [TEXT REMOVED BY FORUM TEAM] of New Word Renewables found out we were contemplating having solar panels fitted and asked if he could give us a quote, We were concerned with them being so far away but he promised they could be with us within 3 hours if any problems arose
    We purchased a package from them comprising 16 solar panels, a heat pump for central heating and a small wall mounted heat pump for our conservatory. In late November we noticed a small leak on the central heating unit and reported this to New World. It took nearly a month for them to come and fix it, When the engineer came, he told us it was only a water heater not for central heating. We immediately rang New World to ask for an explanation. The lady we spoke to thought it was for central heating but she would get back to us. She never did and despite many phone calls, recorded delivery letters and emails requesting for the unit to be removed and our money returned we never got a reply. We finally took them to Court and won our case against them. We complained to RECC and Mcs, together with Trading Standards (Dorset)about the problems we were having with New World but neither were interested.
    Shortly afterwards the wall mounted heater in the conservatory stopped working, tis time I spoke directly to the manufacturer (Hitachi) and they arranged a local company “Cool-Tec” to carry out a survey. The survey was pretty damning in that the unit had not been installed correctly, a lot of the fittings had not been tightened properly allowing the gas to escape. Their recommendation was for the unit to be re-installed at a cost of £808.00.
    I phoned New World and spoke to [TEXT REMOVED BY FORUM TEAM] who seemed like an office manager and she confirmed that New World would pick up the bill. I gave Cool-Tec the details to carry out the work
    About a month later the work had not been carried out and spoke to Cool-Tec to find out why. They said they had initially been confirmed by [TEXT REMOVED BY FORUM TEAM] that they would pay the bill but no money was paid to them despite several attempts to speak to them.
    We finally paid the bill and the unit was duly repaired and is now working perfectly.
    When I phoned New World about the treatment that they had given us we received 17 voicemail messages on our answerphone as we were out the house and the messages contained the most abusive and obscene language you could imagine. We complained to the Police about it and they said they had spoken to Mr. [TEXT REMOVED BY FORUM TEAM] about his language. We never received an apology. My wife is very upset as se had also heard his language, We are Oap’s and never heard anything like this before.
    With the removal of the water heater we decided to replace it with a conventional hot water cylinder heated from a conventional gas boiler. When the plumber came to fit the cylinder he could not believe the poor quality of the work carried out by New World. for example the overflow from the water heater had been put above the wall plates in the roof therefore any overflow would have come straight into the house. There were no isolation valves fitted at all therefor the unit could not have ben isolated with some 200 ltrs able to come into the house.
    Following the installation of the water tank we further decided to have an “Immersun” fitted to use the excess power from the solar panels to heat the water. When the electrician came to fit the unit he immediately found that the panels had not been earthed and the quality of the wiring was also very poor. We complained to NAPIT about them and again they did not seem bothered by the quality of their work.
    That is our story about New World Renewables we would not recommend any body to have any work done by them.
    Last edited by MSE Investigator; 24-07-2015 at 9:27 AM. Reason: Personal information
    • Ingrid Dodd
    • By Ingrid Dodd 24th Oct 15, 10:58 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ingrid Dodd
    • 24th Oct 15, 10:58 AM
    • 24th Oct 15, 10:58 AM
    Was there anything wrong with the Solar Panels? I am thinking of using these people......
    • gary754
    • By gary754 4th Nov 15, 11:49 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gary754
    • 4th Nov 15, 11:49 AM
    New world renewables
    • 4th Nov 15, 11:49 AM
    Hi, We had Solar panels fitted by New world renewables just over a year ago, Everything was above expectations and we received more feed in tariff money than the sales man told us, We Highly recommenced this company and so does my sister who had the same system installed two weeks after us.
    • macman
    • By macman 5th Nov 15, 1:03 PM
    • 41,323 Posts
    • 16,988 Thanks
    macman
    • 5th Nov 15, 1:03 PM
    • 5th Nov 15, 1:03 PM
    Welcome to the forum gary574. You of course have no connection to NWR and registered just to tell us of your good experience with them?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • alleycat`
    • By alleycat` 6th Nov 15, 10:50 AM
    • 1,764 Posts
    • 1,528 Thanks
    alleycat`
    • 6th Nov 15, 10:50 AM
    • 6th Nov 15, 10:50 AM
    Glad to know it's not me who is cynical about these sort of things
    • gary754
    • By gary754 18th Dec 15, 2:07 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gary754
    • 18th Dec 15, 2:07 PM
    • 18th Dec 15, 2:07 PM
    Thank you for your reply Macman, I recently saw the previous review and wanted to share my experience with NWR as this was very pleasant if it wasn't then i probably would have written a review along time ago.
    • keane90
    • By keane90 19th Mar 16, 12:32 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    keane90
    • 19th Mar 16, 12:32 PM
    Solar panels
    • 19th Mar 16, 12:32 PM
    We have had our solar panels from NWR for nearly two years now and they are working well, we have had no issues at all.
    • macman
    • By macman 20th Mar 16, 9:46 PM
    • 41,323 Posts
    • 16,988 Thanks
    macman
    • 20th Mar 16, 9:46 PM
    • 20th Mar 16, 9:46 PM
    And you dug out an 18 month old thread and joined the forum yesterday just to tell us that? Right...
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • newmikeman
    • By newmikeman 22nd Aug 16, 11:48 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    newmikeman
    I came here just now to see what anyone thought about NWR as I had received a call from them about the installation of solar panels they did for us on behalf of Hanergy (via IKEA) in June 2014. At the time I had not known it was NWR as I was dealing with Hanergy. Our solar panels were installed fine, they checked out fine with the electrical safety people elecsa when we upgraded our kitchen shortly afterwards. Our panels have worked well ever since and now we have been approached about installing a battery but that's another story.

Bottom line is don't decide on one or two scare stories as they may not be representative.

thanks
    Thanks
    • Ballymoss9018
    • By Ballymoss9018 2nd Sep 16, 7:46 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ballymoss9018
    I've been approached by NWR (and others) about batteries too. But none will ever tell me how much they are without coming to visit me. I don't want the hastle of a sales visit unless I have some idea of the price. Vicious circle, though I have found I could just buy them myself for a couple of Grand.

Could do with a price comparison site for solar system storage batteries as seems a good idea in princple.

Peter
    • jimlad999
    • By jimlad999 24th Oct 16, 8:25 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jimlad999
    Not to be trusted !!
    Do not trust NWR Ltd ... they are a newly formed company (previously New World Renewables ltd)

I bought panels from New World Renewables ltd.

These were banging about on the roof, not fitted correctly.
    On 28th march I was contacted by [Removed] who works for New World Renewables ltd. asking for the outstanding balance.

The above was explained two fellas come out and apparently fixed the panels, unfortunately this wasn't the case they were still banging around , and I now had damage to my render and roof!

When I tried calling the company I found out they had gone into liquidation on 16th March 2016 and the 10 year insurance back guarantee are fake !

I then real realised she was now working for a company called NWR LTD , who had no rights to any monies of the panels ..

Having highlighted my finding I called [Removed] ( NWR Ltd ) and explained I was aware of their fraud .

Weeks later my panels were removed whilst I was at work , enquiries with NWR ltd. confirm they took them and stated they would re fit if I paid them ( not New World Renewables ltd ) the outstanding money which they wasn't entitled to. !!

The director [Removed] , sent a hand written Letter claiming not to be part of New World Renewables Ltd ??
    So why take my panels???
    This matter is on going ...

I would like to hear from other people in the same situation or with fake documents!

[Removed]
    Last edited by MSE ForumTeam2; 04-11-2016 at 10:43 PM.
    • AlanBuyer
    • By AlanBuyer 22nd Nov 16, 1:08 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AlanBuyer
    Oh Yes
    I have been TPS registered for over 25 years.

Had a withheld phone call from NWR!

The chap was calling about upgrading to have batteries! His task was to contact people in the RG27 area.

I just told him I don't talk to people from withheld numbers and that mine was TPS registered.

Any company who withholds their telephone number should not be dealt with and the same goes for ones breaching the TPS code.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 22nd Nov 16, 2:12 PM
    • 9,754 Posts
    • 4,004 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    Are they signed up to TPS ??
    • Cardew
    • By Cardew 22nd Nov 16, 4:26 PM
    • 26,903 Posts
    • 13,048 Thanks
    Cardew
    Are they signed up to TPS ??
    Originally posted by JJ Egan
    Companies in UK do not sign up for TPS as it is a mandatory requirement that they comply with the law.

Welcome

We are the Telephone Preference Service

The Telephone Preference Service (TPS) is a free service. It is the official central opt out register on which you can record your preference not to receive unsolicited sales or marketing calls. It is a legal requirement that all organisations (including charities, voluntary organisations and political parties) do not make such calls to numbers registered on the TPS unless they have your consent to do so.

Organisations with which you have an ongoing relationship, for example those who regard you as a customer, (or in the case of charities - a donor) may well gather your consent during the early stages of your relationship with them and will therefore be entitled to call you even if your number is registered on TPS, unless you have previously told them specifically that you object to them calling you for marketing purposes.

The TPS can accept the registration of mobile telephone numbers, however it is important to note that this will prevent the receipt of marketing voice calls but not SMS (text) messages. If you wish to stop receiving SMS marketing messages, please send an 'opt-out' request to the company involved.
    As TPS registration only prevents marketing calls, organisations will still be able to call you for the purposes of genuine market research.
    They get round this by saying it is 'genuine market research' to see if there is interest in solar owners buying batteries.
    • napalm_z
    • By napalm_z 8th Mar 17, 9:51 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    napalm_z
    Despite being an MSE subscriber for many years and an active forum browser, I didnt realise until today that my subscription email didn't make me a forum user until today. I have registered and made this forum account just to be able to post to tell you all what a steaming pile of horse manure this company is.

I had my solar panels installed a few years ago and thought they were okay. It all seemed professional and i got the brief about the return on investment etc. 10 panels and £4000 later i was good to go.

The positives:
    The MSC certificate was at least genuine enough to get my FIT payments paid in.

The negatives:
    The guarantee is worthless when they just fold, open a new company (even using the same initials) and wont honour anything.
    The craftmanship is shoddy. Brackets are not put in place properly and panels look like they are hanging off.
    They dont submit the local authority notification as stated on their MSC certificate and no installation by these cowboys will ever pass building assessments.
    They wont ever reply to emails. Occasionally they might answer the phone if you are calling from a new unknown number, then upon realising its you will arrange a callback (which obviously never comes).
    These people are the lowest of the low. Avoid, report.
    • Towser
    • By Towser 17th Mar 17, 9:42 PM
    • 1,027 Posts
    • 1,734 Thanks
    Towser
    My neighbour, whom had their solar panels blown off the roof by storm Doris, has now told me they have gone bust.
    • Cardew
    • By Cardew 17th Mar 17, 10:07 PM
    • 26,903 Posts
    • 13,048 Thanks
    Cardew
    The guarantee is worthless when they just fold, open a new company (even using the same initials) and wont honour anything.
    Originally posted by napalm_z
    This is what happens with so many firms these days. Not just Solar PV, but in others fields.

The Solar thermal 'industry' was a classic example. Not only outrageous prices based on outrageous claims of savings, but firms ceased trading and opened again with the same premises, same employees and same vans etc.

With the long overdue reduction in subsidies, solar PV is now not an economic proposition and most of the get rich quick firms will move on to pastures new. They are hardly going to stay in business simply to carry out repairs under warranty.
    • Pyro's Mum
    • By Pyro's Mum 15th Jun 17, 10:36 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Pyro's Mum
    These people cold-called me, saying their add-on to my solar system would increase the FIT payment by 20%. Unfortunately, I fell for it & the work was done in October 2014. In October 2015, it broke down & after many months of ignored phone calls and broken appointments, it was eventually replaced. In February 2017, I had a power cut, the main fuse had blown. The UK Power Network were called. They were getting a fault reading on their testing equipment and advised me to get the solar system tested. This I did. The engineer stated the equipment was wrongly installed, using inferior wiring. It was not necessary, and in fact, was detrimental to the system. It was this that was giving the error signal. He un-installed it and replaced the wiring for the correct thickness. It was this that was giving the error signal. I now have a useless plastic box in my cupboard . I attempted to contact the company, but it had ceased trading. I had to claim from the credit card company for recompense. Now, however, I find they have resurfaced, DO NOT USE THEM !!!
    • Observer69
    • By Observer69 21st Jul 17, 10:54 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Observer69
    NWR - removed from MCS due to unprofessional conduct
    NWR are installing systems which cannot be registered for the Feed In Tariff as they had their accreditation removed last year.
    They have contacted a member of my family within the last 2 weeks regarding their inverter, which they said could be replaced for £5000.00, as the warranty would be expiring soon. This is vastly overinflated, and is not required. As long as an inverter is working correctly and the PV system generating there is no need to replace it.
    I know, I work in the industry, it's a complete con, they are targeting people and scare mongering.
    If you are unsure, contact MCS, find a reputable installer and ask the question.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,901Posts Today

5,627Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin