Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sn1987a
    • By sn1987a 28th Aug 14, 10:17 PM
    • 338Posts
    • 405Thanks
    sn1987a
    0 WOW
    Beauty Boxes (Monthly Subscription) Codes and Chat Thread 2
    • 28th Aug 14, 10:17 PM
    0 WOW
    Beauty Boxes (Monthly Subscription) Codes and Chat Thread 2 28th Aug 14 at 10:17 PM
    Welcome to the new Beauty Boxes (monthly subscription) codes and chat thread!

This is a thread about Beauty boxes. Read the first post for more information and current offers. As you post new offers and discount codes, I will add them to the first page. Together we can find the best beauty boxes bargains!

PLEASE BE AWARE that people receive boxes at different times and some of us want the surprise element! If you wish to discuss a box within 7 days of it arriving, you must either use white text or put SPOILER in square brackets [ ] at the start of your post, followed by /SPOILER in square brackets [ ] at the end when describing the products in any way.

This includes any information which may help to identify a product ie using words such as "large tube", "cleansing", "pleasant smell", "moisturising", "liquid" etc.

This is a continuation post from here. Thanks to purplebutterfly for starting the previous thread! It has been very successful!

This is a list of beauty boxes companies delivering in UK in alphabetical order (click on the name to go to the official webpage). Scroll down for the discount codes.

UK boxes

Birchbox (BB)
    Cohorted Beauty Box
    Glossybox (GB)
    Latest in Beauty (LIB)
    Love Lula Box
    Love me Beauty
    My Boutique Box (warning: the first box got bad reviews)
    My Little Box
    Souk Souk
    The Pink Parcel
    You beauty Discovery Box

Non-UK boxes with UK shipping
    Lip Factory Box

Lip Monthly
    Wantable

List of Beauty boxes, their facebook page (offers are often posted in facebook or tweeter) and the available codes.

UK boxes
    Birchbox (BB)
    facebook page
    £10 + £2.95 P&P
    - monthly subscription box
    - Cashback available
    - Referral links are available (refer a friend and both you and your friend will receive 50 points to spend in birchbox shop). Ask for one in the referrers board.

Cohorted Beauty Box
    £19.99 - the box is available on a montlhly basis but it is not a monthly subscription

Glossybox (GB)
    facebook page
    £10 + £3.25
    P&P - monthly subscription box
    -
    Use code RESUB0914 and receive an extra box worth £75, when you buy a 3, 6 or 12 month subscription. The FREE Box includes 6 FULL SIZED products from So Susan, Butter London, EuPhidra, Be a Bombshell, Affair 102 and Philip B. The offer is valid for 3, 6 or 12 month subscription plans. Offer valid between 30th September– 1st November 2014 or until stocks last. Your free box will be dispatched separately within 2 weeks of placing the first order.
    - Cashback available
    - Referral links available

Latest in Beauty (LIB)
    facebook page
    Themed boxes are released periodically and prices vary.

Love Lula Box
    facebook page

Monthly subscription box
    £12.50
    No offers

Love me beauty
    facebook page

Monthly subscription box. You choose one out of 3 available boxes each month.
    £10 + £3.95 (P&P)
    No offers

My Boutique Box (warning: the first box got bad reviews)
    Facebook page
    New monthly subscription box. It launched in August 2014.
    £10 + £3.95 (P&P)
    No offers

My Little Box
    Facebook page
    New monthly subscription box coming from France! First box was sent in September 2014.
    £11+3.95 (P&P)
    No offers

Souk Souk
    facebook page
    £10 + £2.95 P&P
    No offers

The Pink Parcel
    facebook page
    The box delivers tampons and beauty products.
    £9.95 (P&P included)
    New customers: the first box costs £5.95

You beauty Discovery Box
    £6.95 (P&P included)
    Note: You can choose two products from a shortlist each month. The shortlist is available on the 1st of each month. Popular products are sold out within hours.

Non-UK boxes with UK shipping
    Lip Factory Box

facebook page
    This is an American box with UK shipping. Cost: $32 including shipping equivalent to ~£19.
    No offers

Lip Monthly
    Facebook page
    This is an American box with UK shipping.
    $10 + $5 (P&P)
    - Referral links available.

Wantable
    Facebook page
    Another American box. There are three different subscriptions: make-up, accessories and intimates.
    $40 + $7 (P&P) for a one off box or $36 + $7 (P&P) for recurring subscription

General tips:
    • A lot of beauty boxes offer free shipping during bank holidays or other discounts/free gifts.
    • Subscribe to their newsletters, you will receive the offers by email.
    • Always check for cashback.
    • Always check for discount codes. We may miss some of the offers, so Google is your friend. (and please let us know if you find something new!)
    • Many companies have affiliation programmes. If you are a new customer, before ordering, you could ask for a referral link in the referral board http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42. A friend will get some extra points for referring you and in some cases you will get as well.
    Please post or PM me with any new boxes or any details that need to be added. Let’s make this thread the best one!
    Last edited by sn1987a; 28-02-2015 at 12:46 PM.
Page 81
    • sn1987a
    • By sn1987a 10th May 16, 7:04 PM
    • 338 Posts
    • 405 Thanks
    sn1987a
    I received on Monday the oil from yBD. It was left outside my door. The pipette is not working properly, air goes in and it can't hold the oil, it pours out... Not what I would expect from such an expensive product! The oil was ok, I used it only once, I'll try it a few more times before I decide how good it is.
    • nad_tab
    • By nad_tab 11th May 16, 10:00 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    nad_tab
    Ooh have you received yours? Haven't got mine yet? Did you go for the show oil? Is it good? Who brought yours? Was it Royal Mail?

The couriers always get my address mixed up 😬
    Originally posted by Flygal
    I'll receive mine on Saturday, on my return. I got the oil and Rodial Stem Cell Cleanser. Can't wait to try the oil.
    • nad_tab
    • By nad_tab 15th May 16, 1:48 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    nad_tab
    lovemebeauty added some Valeur Absolue perfumes to their boutique, I ordered Serenitude and Sensualite, worth to try

I didn't like only that they didn't show how big are the bottles...

I received an answer from LMB, that bottles are 14ml.
    Last edited by nad_tab; 16-05-2016 at 10:30 AM.
    • sn1987a
    • By sn1987a 25th Jun 16, 12:46 PM
    • 338 Posts
    • 405 Thanks
    sn1987a
    You beauty discovery has some new memberships that allow you to choose more than 2 products each month:
    http://box.you.co.uk/how-it-works

Glossybox offer: use code BEAUTY40UK and get 40% off June glossybox
    • lumi
    • By lumi 10th Jul 16, 8:03 PM
    • 79 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    lumi
    WHICHBEAUTY40 code gives you 40% discount for Birchbox this month. plus, sign up via a referral link (there is a different thread for those) and you will get £5 credit for the shop.
    • SiberianBarber
    • By SiberianBarber 11th Jul 16, 1:27 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 571 Thanks
    SiberianBarber
    Latest in Beauty has a new box 'Mix and Mask with Origins' for £20 including postage:

http://www.latestinbeauty.com/collections/collections/mix-mask-with-origins.html

I think the box is quite good value with 2 products being full size.
    • wdah
    • By wdah 11th Jul 16, 4:58 PM
    • 841 Posts
    • 1,100 Thanks
    wdah
    Glossy box are doing a two-for-one with their July box -

http://experience.glossybox.co.uk/july-free-box-offer/

"We want to gift you with a best-selling extra box when you sign up to the July GLOSSYBOX today!

Your new subscription will take you on a monthly journey of beauty discovery for just £10 (plus P&P);

Our monthly, 3, 6 or 12 month subscription plans are tailored to meet your every beauty need.

• jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 12th Jul 16, 3:29 AM
    • 12,019 Posts
    • 11,407 Thanks
    jenniewb
    Latest in Beauty has a new box 'Mix and Mask with Origins' for £20 including postage:

http://www.latestinbeauty.com/collections/collections/mix-mask-with-origins.html

I think the box is quite good value with 2 products being full size.
    Originally posted by SiberianBarber
    Out of stock now.
    • nad_tab
    • By nad_tab 13th Jul 16, 8:03 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    nad_tab
    My Little Box

And to prove our undying devotion, subscribe to My Little Box today and we'll spread £50 worth of bonus products picked from our bestsellers across your July, August, and September Boxes! Simply enter promo code SUMMERPACK at checkout. Awaiting you in July? A one-way ticket to the tropics. The month after that? To paraphrase Beyonc!, get in formation. And after that? A Box so Parisian you'll start having dreams subtitled in French. Alors, on y va?
    • wdah
    • By wdah 19th Jul 16, 12:25 PM
    • 841 Posts
    • 1,100 Thanks
    wdah
    http://www.marksandspencer.com/summer-beauty-box/p/p22467928

"£10 Beauty Box – worth £120"
    • Clutterfree
    • By Clutterfree 14th Aug 16, 7:10 AM
    • 3,385 Posts
    • 18,742 Thanks
    Clutterfree
    I'm guessing from the lack of posts on the thread that, like me, you've all become a tad bored with beauty boxes?!
    Ageing is a privilege not everyone gets
    • wdah
    • By wdah 14th Aug 16, 11:12 PM
    • 841 Posts
    • 1,100 Thanks
    wdah
    For me it's just been a while since I've seen a good enough offer to make subscribing worth it. I do miss getting mystery treats in the post, though!
    • sn1987a
    • By sn1987a 14th Aug 16, 11:16 PM
    • 338 Posts
    • 405 Thanks
    sn1987a
    I think that my expectations are higher now and I still have a lot of products! I feel that the value of most boxes has fallen.

Latest in Beauty has some codes on the site to add some products in your order if you spend more than £25.

Glossybox code: "RAE40" to get 40% off your August glossybox.
    • Flygal
    • By Flygal 19th Aug 16, 10:20 AM
    • 155 Posts
    • 101 Thanks
    Flygal
    Yes! The same! I have high expectations now. I liked the M&S box and have started getting you beauty box again as they've had some nice choices recently. Signed up to Cohorted but was quite disappointed with this months box. I didn't get the flowers palette but got a self portrait one instead. I doubt I will use the colours. The foundation brush was nice though. I'm pretty sure I have enough products to last me until I'm 150!����
    • KeMo
    • By KeMo 1st Oct 16, 11:34 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    KeMo
    Not sure if anyone is still following this thread, but 2 new boxes are:

QVC box - £20 & free P&P

http://www.qvcuk.com/Tili-Beauty-Box-Second-Edition.product.218839.html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSI TION-_-1-_-218839

Estee Lauder Companies (Estee Lauder, Smashbox, Aveda, Bumble & Bumble, Clinique, Origins) Breast Cancer Awareness box - £20 (£12 0f £20 to charity) but don't know about postage - on sale Monday on the above company's sites

http://www.esteelauder.co.uk/product/9743/45188/landing-pages/the-evelyn-lauder-dream-collection/the-estee-lauder-companies-uk-ireland/breast-cancer-awareness-bca-beauty-box

Last edited by KeMo; 01-10-2016 at 11:37 PM.
    • sn1987a
    • By sn1987a 1st Oct 16, 11:43 PM
    • 338 Posts
    • 405 Thanks
    sn1987a
    Thank you for posting!
    • sn1987a
    • By sn1987a 15th Oct 16, 10:12 AM
    • 338 Posts
    • 405 Thanks
    sn1987a
    40% off October Glossybox with code: OCT40UK
    • wdah
    • By wdah 19th Nov 16, 3:58 PM
    • 841 Posts
    • 1,100 Thanks
    wdah
    I saw this described as a beauty box so thought I'd pop it here, I don't think it REALLY is though.

"Exclusive to Daily Telegraph readers, a brilliantly hydrating and radiance-enhancing collection of Balance Me skincare worth £84 but yours for just £15.95 inc. p&p!"

https://www.balanceme.co.uk/telegraph

Your Balance Me Seasonal Skin Saviours Collection will contain:
    • Super Moisturising Hand Cream 50ml £10.00
    • Super Toning Body Polish 50ml £10.00
    • Rose Otto Body Wash 100ml £6.00
    • Pure Skin Face Wash 50ml £11.00
    • Radiance Face Mask 30ml £12.00
    • Natural Protection Moisturiser 10ml £10.00
    • Instant Lift Pore Minimiser 5ml £10.00
    • Restore and Replenish Face Cream 15ml £11.00

You can get a 15% off code if you sign up to their email, but I'm not sure if it works alongside this because my email hasn't arrived yet.

UPDATE: You can use the welcome code WELCOMEBM15 to get 15% off, but you have to add an item not on offer to your basket, apply the code, then add the Telegraph set and remove the full price item. Total then = £13.56 delivered.

UPDATE 2: Dammit, this is a better one for "Telegraph subscribers" which also includes their eye cream (which I love):

https://www.balanceme.co.uk/body/product-family/rose-otto/telegraph-subscribers-winter-skin
    Last edited by wdah; 19-11-2016 at 4:52 PM.
    • PaulaKerr
    • By PaulaKerr 23rd Nov 16, 3:06 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    PaulaKerr
    Free Gift at Glossybox: MELTEDLIPS
    • wdah
    • By wdah 23rd Nov 16, 11:37 PM
    • 841 Posts
    • 1,100 Thanks
    wdah
    Beware signing up to Glossybox after the 14th of the month. I took up an offer from their newsletter last week and bought a discounted box on the monthly plan that I intended to be a one-off. I cancelled when it arrived this morning, only to be told I have to have December's too:

"As per your contract, your cancellation must be received before the 14th day of the active month. Any subscription cancelled on or after the 14th day will receive the following months box as your final order."

I guess it must get a lot of complaints, as they had that warning when I cancelled on the site, and then they emailed it too.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

233Posts Today

2,255Users online

Martin's Twitter