Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • surveyqueenuk
    • By surveyqueenuk 19th Aug 14, 8:38 PM
    • 523Posts
    • 1,775Thanks
    surveyqueenuk
    MobileXpression
    • 19th Aug 14, 8:38 PM
    MobileXpression 19th Aug 14 at 8:38 PM
    Hi all, just seen an offer through Inbox Pounds for this site. Does anyone have any experience of it at all? It's just that an offer of a £5 AGC just for being active for a week sounds a little too easy! Thanx : )
Page 5
    • Muhren
    • By Muhren 14th Jul 16, 10:15 PM
    • 1,509 Posts
    • 2,918 Thanks
    Muhren
    Is anybody still using this OK? I noticed an offer for installing it via swagbucks and wondered if it was worth it?
    Originally posted by littlesheepy
    Received another £10 voucher on Monday, so it is still working fine for me.
    LBM: Dec 2012 - Debt £38,180/ Now £0.
    DFD - 17/04/2016

Gambling: The sure way of getting nothing from something.

• Wednesday100
    • By Wednesday100 14th Jul 16, 11:48 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    Wednesday100
    I've had two lots of £20 vouchers - I wait the full 20 weeks to cash out - as well as whatever the initial bonus was. Has worked well for me.
    • loranius
    • By loranius 15th Jul 16, 9:56 AM
    • 1,077 Posts
    • 3,296 Thanks
    loranius
    Is anybody still using this OK? I noticed an offer for installing it via swagbucks and wondered if it was worth it?
    Originally posted by littlesheepy
    I got at least 3-4 gift cards off this, then my phone died. I tried to reinstall on my new phone but it doesn't like the model

I would say it's ok, but some people doesn't like it that can monitor what types of things you are doing on your phone. I don't do any banking on my phone so I don't mind.
    • ciaccino
    • By ciaccino 5th Jan 17, 7:30 PM
    • 1,162 Posts
    • 1,251 Thanks
    ciaccino
    I've been using Mobilexpression for almost 2 years. It was OK until last October, then I received an email saying that I had been deactivated and was sent a link for reactivation.

I reinstalled the app and since then I have not received the usual weekly notification. I missed out on 5 weeks of points because I forgot to manually check it myself.

I sent them multiple emails but they have not even bothered answering. I opened a ticket and they closed it saying there was no problem at their end.

Is it only me? Do you guys receive the weekly notification in your phone?

• Sugarplum634
    • By Sugarplum634 5th Jan 17, 8:18 PM
    • 900 Posts
    • 3,247 Thanks
    Sugarplum634
    yes mine pops up with no problem. I've had a voucher since Oct.
    Make £x a day in 2017 so far £312.47 (May£0GC £14.87 paypal)

(2016 £800.97) (2015 £791.42/$312)
    • Aesop
    • By Aesop 5th Jan 17, 8:24 PM
    • 23,280 Posts
    • 152,475 Thanks
    Aesop
    I've been using Mobilexpression for almost 2 years. It was OK until last October, then I received an email saying that I had been deactivated and was sent a link for reactivation.

I reinstalled the app and since then I have not received the usual weekly notification. I missed out on 5 weeks of points because I forgot to manually check it myself.

I sent them multiple emails but they have not even bothered answering. I opened a ticket and they closed it saying there was no problem at their end.

Is it only me? Do you guys receive the weekly notification in your phone?
    Originally posted by ciaccino
    I tried to cash out before xmas. they closed my account as they said I wasn't transmitting and therfore not entitled. they did this to a few of us.

am glad to be rid I it. it was intrusive.
    Make £10 a day September 2017 £81.68.
    August 2017 £390.47
    • trix-a-belle
    • By trix-a-belle 5th Jan 17, 8:57 PM
    • 737 Posts
    • 3,153 Thanks
    trix-a-belle
    I gave up on this mid last year as I changed my phone (Nexus 4 to Moto g3 3rd gen, android system to android system) & on trying to set it up on the new one was told my new phone wasn't supported which I find highly odd but not going to sweat it.
    - Mortgage: £ 53000 0! Mortgage Free!
    - Student Loan: £ 7100 0!
    Swagbucks, Neobux, GiffGaff, Roamler, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
    MFiT-T4
    • ciaccino
    • By ciaccino 5th Jan 17, 9:21 PM
    • 1,162 Posts
    • 1,251 Thanks
    ciaccino
    yes mine pops up with no problem. I've had a voucher since Oct.
    Originally posted by Sugarplum634
    Then there must be something on my phone that interferes with the app.

• Aesop
    • By Aesop 5th Jan 17, 9:30 PM
    • 23,280 Posts
    • 152,475 Thanks
    Aesop
    I gave up on this mid last year as I changed my phone (Nexus 4 to Moto g3 3rd gen, android system to android system) & on trying to set it up on the new one was told my new phone wasn't supported which I find highly odd but not going to sweat it.
    Originally posted by trix-a-belle
    they seem to have a new site now that you can only redeem at £20 amazon but you earn more points weekly. It seems they tried to get rid of everyone off the old site so they could concentrate on the new site.
    August 2017 £390.47
    • ciaccino
    • By ciaccino 2nd Mar 17, 9:41 PM
    • 1,162 Posts
    • 1,251 Thanks
    ciaccino
    Just a word of warning for everyone. Mobilexpression have started banning and locking accounts like crazy lately and unfortunately I was one of the casualties!

The message I got from their customer (dis)service is the same one that they use for everyone at one point.

At least they could have informed me before redeeming, but no!

• Aesop
    • By Aesop 3rd Mar 17, 3:01 PM
    • 23,280 Posts
    • 152,475 Thanks
    Aesop
    Just a word of warning for everyone. Mobilexpression have started banning and locking accounts like crazy lately and unfortunately I was one of the casualties!

The message I got from their customer (dis)service is the same one that they use for everyone at one point.

At least they could have informed me before redeeming, but no!
    are you on old or new system?
    August 2017 £390.47
    • ciaccino
    • By ciaccino 5th Mar 17, 1:53 PM
    • 1,162 Posts
    • 1,251 Thanks
    ciaccino
    are you on old or new system?
    Originally posted by Aesop
    I have no idea what you're referring to. I had to reinstall the app a few times so presumably I'm on the new system?

Anyway they're not going to do anything about it.

They say I have cheated them and not used the app. I have sent them the logs with bandwidth usage for the app but they have conveniently ignored it.

• Aesop
    • By Aesop 5th Mar 17, 3:49 PM
    • 23,280 Posts
    • 152,475 Thanks
    Aesop
    I have no idea what you're referring to. I had to reinstall the app a few times so presumably I'm on the new system?

Anyway they're not going to do anything about it.

They say I have cheated them and not used the app. I have sent them the logs with bandwidth usage for the app but they have conveniently ignored it.
    sounds like you are on the old system. the one where you get one reward a week?

they don't care. I asked for their complaints procedure, escalated etc..

gave it a couple of weeks and then signed up again with new email same phone and am now on 2 credits a week.
    August 2017 £390.47
    • ciaccino
    • By ciaccino 5th Mar 17, 5:12 PM
    • 1,162 Posts
    • 1,251 Thanks
    ciaccino
    I don't care if they give me 2 credits a week. I won't touch them with a bargepole. They are fraudsters.

• snowy79
    • By snowy79 6th Mar 17, 8:27 AM
    • 216 Posts
    • 519 Thanks
    snowy79
    I decided to give this a go to see how well it worked. I signed up and installed the software on my phone. Now if I connect to the internet on my phone (Iphone SE) it says VPN on the top of the screen which I guess means it is doing something. I don't see any app or anything installed though, how do I know if it is working and sending the information correctly so I will receive the credits?

I am just doing this as a trial (even if I just get the £5 for the first week) as I am not sure how it will affect phone battery life etc.

Thanks
    • Aesop
    • By Aesop 6th Mar 17, 10:43 AM
    • 23,280 Posts
    • 152,475 Thanks
    Aesop
    I decided to give this a go to see how well it worked. I signed up and installed the software on my phone. Now if I connect to the internet on my phone (Iphone SE) it says VPN on the top of the screen which I guess means it is doing something. I don't see any app or anything installed though, how do I know if it is working and sending the information correctly so I will receive the credits?

I am just doing this as a trial (even if I just get the £5 for the first week) as I am not sure how it will affect phone battery life etc.

Thanks
    Originally posted by snowy79
    as you are on iphone you may find to use the internet for some sites you will need to turn vpn off and then back on again to keep registering their data for you to earn credits.

if you goto the website on your phone, you can log in and check your account.

for a change this morning I received my notification that i had credits waiting. since they stole my last £10 off me I reinstalled under new app and got my £10 back now cashed out another £10
    August 2017 £390.47
    • snowy79
    • By snowy79 6th Mar 17, 1:20 PM
    • 216 Posts
    • 519 Thanks
    snowy79
    as you are on iphone you may find to use the internet for some sites you will need to turn vpn off and then back on again to keep registering their data for you to earn credits.

if you goto the website on your phone, you can log in and check your account.

for a change this morning I received my notification that i had credits waiting. since they stole my last £10 off me I reinstalled under new app and got my £10 back now cashed out another £10
    Originally posted by Aesop
    Thanks for the tip. Will some sites just not work until I switch off the VPN? I have been ok with most things but I must admit the Swagbucks app has been playing up, slower than normal and just stopped working a couple of times. Anyone had that problem?

I logged into my account on my computer and it said the software it installed on my phone and that activation was confirmed yesterday. I just never got the welcome email it said I would get. I guess I will see if any credits appear on my account in the next day or so.
    • Aesop
    • By Aesop 6th Mar 17, 1:43 PM
    • 23,280 Posts
    • 152,475 Thanks
    Aesop
    Thanks for the tip. Will some sites just not work until I switch off the VPN? I have been ok with most things but I must admit the Swagbucks app has been playing up, slower than normal and just stopped working a couple of times. Anyone had that problem?

I logged into my account on my computer and it said the software it installed on my phone and that activation was confirmed yesterday. I just never got the welcome email it said I would get. I guess I will see if any credits appear on my account in the next day or so.
    Originally posted by snowy79
    think swagbucks is one that doesnt like vpn
    August 2017 £390.47
    • Sairah
    • By Sairah 20th Mar 17, 6:29 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Sairah
    been using this for a year with no issues. No problems with my phone and they pay every time
    • snowy79
    • By snowy79 20th Mar 17, 8:31 AM
    • 216 Posts
    • 519 Thanks
    snowy79
    Well I have used it for a couple of weeks now and have 11 credits in my account (10 was the bonus for signing up). I am going to let it get to 15 and then cash out £10 and give up and uninstall it.

If you have an iPhone it does make it slower and uses a bit more battery than normal (well it does on mine). Also Swagbucks app and webpage is very temperamental and you can't do any surveys as it just bombs you out of them all.

This was handy to get the introduction but after that you only get one credit a week and you can get £5 after 10 weeks or £10 after 15 weeks. Doesn't really seem worth the hassle if it is causing problems on your mobile.

Also, I must admit I am a little dubious about what information is shared. I know they say they don't monitor phone calls or texts but the VPN logo still pops up when I text etc.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,030Posts Today

6,314Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin