Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • welshdeedee
    • By welshdeedee 13th Aug 14, 10:05 AM
    • 27,163Posts
    • 120,009Thanks
    welshdeedee
    The Holby City Thread - Part 3
    • 13th Aug 14, 10:05 AM
    The Holby City Thread - Part 3 13th Aug 14 at 10:05 AM

New thread as it still makes us smile.
    30:22
    30:07
    29:07
Page 46
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 5th Jul 17, 11:27 AM
    • 3,496 Posts
    • 15,172 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    Trying to work out what Fran is up do.
    Did my LBM in reverseFinally debt free with money in the bank!

I know I am getting old, but there is no need for my consultant to age me by another 10 years 😉
    • Anglea
    • By Anglea 22nd Jul 17, 2:34 PM
    • 7,000 Posts
    • 17,202 Thanks
    Anglea
    I can't seem to follow Holby recently, I sit down to watch then lose interest.

The recent trailer for Casualty makes me wonder if there will be another cross over between the two programmes.

Last week there was at attempt to lighten the mood from Ethan's story when the staff tried speed dating.

• Anglea
    • By Anglea 22nd Jul 17, 10:57 PM
    • 7,000 Posts
    • 17,202 Thanks
    Anglea
    Wonder if Ethan will confess to anyone ?

Poor David.

• Torry Quine
    • By Torry Quine 22nd Jul 17, 11:01 PM
    • 16,996 Posts
    • 25,997 Thanks
    Torry Quine
    Wonder if Ethan will confess to anyone ?

Poor David.
    Originally posted by Anglea
    Yes poor David although I love the interplay with Dylan.

Next week should be good
    Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving . Albert Einstein.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 23rd Jul 17, 1:47 PM
    • 22,942 Posts
    • 59,278 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Don't give too much away. I'm the the USA, so big catch up when I get home.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • ERICS MUM
    • By ERICS MUM 24th Jul 17, 8:55 AM
    • 3,430 Posts
    • 6,381 Thanks
    ERICS MUM
    I'm not enjoying either programme at the mo. dunno why, perhaps it's me !!!
    • maman
    • By maman 24th Jul 17, 10:30 AM
    • 17,011 Posts
    • 101,704 Thanks
    maman
    I can't seem to follow Holby recently, I sit down to watch then lose interest.
    Originally posted by Anglea

I know what you mean. I generally record it and watch later. I frequently fall asleep and need to rewind.

It's getting that the characters and storylines that are plausible and that I can identify with are fewer and fewer. Watching a programme for an hour with the odd little nugget of wit amongst a lot of nonsense is losing its attraction.

I've not watched Casualty for years. These days, if I'm at home on a Saturday night, I listen to the radio, have a late dinner and then maybe find something to watch before bed.

I think Casualty only stays in the ratings because there's such dross on TV on Saturday evenings if you aren't into talent shows or reality TV. Foyle's Law on ITV3 used to be high in the ratings but now they're showing repeats of repeats. There's an audience out there for 'comfortable' programmes but they're far more expensive to make than reality rubbish.
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 24th Jul 17, 10:58 AM
    • 3,496 Posts
    • 15,172 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    I'm not enjoying either programme at the mo. dunno why, perhaps it's me !!!
    Originally posted by ERICS MUM

Think they are all into silly season now. Hopefully, all will change beginning Sept.

I know I am getting old, but there is no need for my consultant to age me by another 10 years 😉
    • Anglea
    • By Anglea 3rd Aug 17, 1:04 PM
    • 7,000 Posts
    • 17,202 Thanks
    Anglea
    I didn't get into Casualty Saturday maybe because the opening scenes were different to normal, I know the whole episode was supposed to have been shot in one go and it did feel a bit strange. It was the last episode of 44 and a few loose ends were tied up with Connie and Grace still not sure what's going on with Jez and his b/f at the end of the episode as I can't remember now.

It took a while to conjure up Tristan in Holby as he was mentioned again and to recall what happened with Guy and Zosia.

Sacha and Morven single again.

• pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 3rd Aug 17, 1:24 PM
    • 22,942 Posts
    • 59,278 Thanks
    pollypenny
    I need to catch up on Casulty later. Caught up on Holby and watch Tuesday's episode. I do like the new F1, Damon Ford. And I'm glad that Rossini and wife are getting back.

Donna is annoying, as ever.

• Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 3rd Aug 17, 2:20 PM
    • 3,496 Posts
    • 15,172 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    Watched Holby last night, was surprised at the re-appearence! Sacha's "girlfriend" was annoying with a capital A. Loved the lovely Henrik's comment about needing notice about the surgery as it can take time for him to find scrubs to fit!

• ERICS MUM
    • By ERICS MUM 3rd Aug 17, 7:02 PM
    • 3,430 Posts
    • 6,381 Thanks
    ERICS MUM
    Where's Serena Campbell ?

I saw in the Daily Mail (!) that Ric Griffin wants a pay rise, apparently he's not happy that Charlie Fairhead gets paid more than he does and he's 'only' a nurse !!
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 3rd Aug 17, 8:36 PM
    • 22,942 Posts
    • 59,278 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Serena went off on extended leave, to get over the death of her daughter and the way she was bullying Jasmine.

I has to smile at that piece about Hugh Quarshie. He still does theatre work, an excellent Othello last year. I'd say he's paid enough. Derek whatshisname is way over-paid, though.

• Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 3rd Aug 17, 10:15 PM
    • 3,496 Posts
    • 15,172 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    Serena went off on extended leave, to get over the death of her daughtergh.
    Originally posted by pollypenny
    Her father died in real life (Mr Rumbold in Are You Being Served) so she wanted time to deal with all of that entailed also. Think she was an only child, so it has all fallen on her shoulders. Hope she is back soon.

• Bettie
    • By Bettie 5th Aug 17, 1:29 AM
    • 1,008 Posts
    • 1,149 Thanks
    Bettie
    Is the new F1 Damon Ford the same guy that acts the comical guy in Benidorm ?

Couldnt decide at all last night .
    Originally posted by BOBS

They are similar but I reckon not the same person
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 5th Aug 17, 7:41 AM
    • 22,942 Posts
    • 59,278 Thanks
    pollypenny
    I caught up with Casualty last night - was that final programme the one filmed in one go?

It captured the frenetic atmosphere very well,

• pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 28th Aug 17, 1:38 PM
    • 22,942 Posts
    • 59,278 Thanks
    pollypenny
    This Calais story in Casualty has been so unrealistic!

And Holby has the great ego back again, but seemingly a bit insecure. I wonder how that will develop. Hope he doesn't mess up Zosia's wedding to Oliver.

• Bettie
    • By Bettie 28th Aug 17, 3:19 PM
    • 1,008 Posts
    • 1,149 Thanks
    Bettie
    This Calais story in Casualty has been so unrealistic!

And Holby has the great ego back again, but seemingly a bit insecure. I wonder how that will develop. Hope he doesn't mess up Zosia's wedding to Oliver.
    Originally posted by pollypenny
    He's trying hard, he's messed up their jobs already.
    Lost a bit of interest in both programs. So hard to stay awake through them. I have been visiting hospitals daily and watching the staff working etc. It's nothing like Holby or Casualty.
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 11th Sep 17, 10:20 PM
    • 3,496 Posts
    • 15,172 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    Sadly, John Michie has confirmed that it was his daughter who was found dead at Bestival. Someone has been arrested on suspicion of murder, which should it be proved to be the case, will only been the tiniest, tiniest crumb of comfort for the family.

• Anglea
    • By Anglea 18th Sep 17, 1:14 PM
    • 7,000 Posts
    • 17,202 Thanks
    Anglea
    That's terrible news about the daughter Gettingtherequickly.

Casualty - I'm glad Lily has finally found happiness, she's certainly been under a lot of pressure from her family over the years, I liked last week's episode when took Ian to the wedding.

Wonder what Dylan's going to do with the boy?

Does anyone wonder if the writers are going to push Connie and Ethan together for a reason other than his studying?

Holby - wish Dom would have a shave.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

410Posts Today

3,393Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin