Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • welshdeedee
    • By welshdeedee 13th Aug 14, 10:05 AM
    • 27,163Posts
    • 120,009Thanks
    welshdeedee
    The Holby City Thread - Part 3
    • 13th Aug 14, 10:05 AM
    The Holby City Thread - Part 3 13th Aug 14 at 10:05 AM

New thread as it still makes us smile.
    30:22
    30:07
    29:07
Page 45
    • ERICS MUM
    • By ERICS MUM 24th May 17, 8:05 AM
    • 3,435 Posts
    • 6,386 Thanks
    ERICS MUM
    Mo operated on Trixie who was pregnant and it went wrong. Trixie died and the baby was delivered by cesarean. It was the episode when Mr Ts mum was in Holby sick, giving Mo a hard time and sniffing about Hanssen.
    I can't believe that Rik wouldn't have been hanging about dishing out orders before the op if he was the lover.
    Originally posted by Bettie

OMG ! I completely missed the bit about Rik possibly being someone's lover - please give me the details, please !
    • Bettie
    • By Bettie 24th May 17, 8:20 AM
    • 1,014 Posts
    • 1,162 Thanks
    Bettie
    OMG ! I completely missed the bit about Rik possibly being someone's lover - please give me the details, please !
    Originally posted by ERICS MUM
    The girl having the heart op who insisted to having it a different way to what Mo advised told Zosia she was exercising by making love and started going into juicy details about her lover but I either missed the details or they were interrupted. When Rik walked in obviously knowing her well the looks/ raised eyebrows between the patient and Zosia made it seem that Rik was the lover.
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 24th May 17, 9:48 AM
    • 23,116 Posts
    • 59,830 Thanks
    pollypenny
    I thought yesterday's episode was farcical. Firstly, there are too many coincidences of staff and patients being involved. Secondly, there was no suggestion that Lofty is gay during his couple of years on Casualty.

However, I deplore the way it's expressed on the previous page.

I had a little worry about Mo and Derwood, as did he, but all smiles at the end.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • maman
    • By maman 24th May 17, 10:51 AM
    • 17,155 Posts
    • 102,567 Thanks
    maman
    Well I must be completely thick because I just cannot grasp a lot of these storylines. It's as if I've missed a chunk of episodes and just can't pick it up again. Can't be bothered to resort to BBC I-player.
    Originally posted by ERICS MUM

I'm glad it's not just me. I accept that I don't grasp the crossover bits as I don't watch Casualty but I think it's generally to do with the storylines coming thick (in all senses of the word) and fast. None are developed properly and the ridiculous nature of Holby HR where staff come and go at will doesn't help. Does anyone remember what happened to Isaac after the domestic violence line with Dom? Was he sacked or has he just disappeared to return again when they feel like it?

The girl having the heart op who insisted to having it a different way to what Mo advised told Zosia she was exercising by making love and started going into juicy details about her lover but I either missed the details or they were interrupted. When Rik walked in obviously knowing her well the looks/ raised eyebrows between the patient and Zosia made it seem that Rik was the lover.
    Originally posted by Bettie

I think after her heart op. Zosia was advising the patient not to 'exercise' during her recovery.
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 24th May 17, 1:39 PM
    • 23,116 Posts
    • 59,830 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Isaac was sacked and reported to the GMC.

• Anglea
    • By Anglea 7th Jun 17, 6:30 PM
    • 7,002 Posts
    • 17,206 Thanks
    Anglea
    A lot going on in Holby last night.

Wonder if Dom will get into trouble over the pills now that Sacha has realised why he's been acting so strangely and that it wasn't just about Isaac.

I think Matteo's wife was in the BBC drama Indian Doctor (can't recall if that's the right title or not).

Casualty is turning into Eastenders with the teen sex/gang/school episode on Saturday and even an actress from EE to make it a bit more confusing. It was nice to see Josh.

• pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 7th Jun 17, 7:38 PM
    • 23,116 Posts
    • 59,830 Thanks
    pollypenny
    No posts last week on the trauma of poor Hector! It did look as if a highly-stressed Mo could have hurt him and Derwood was very wary about suggesting it. Fancy her throwing him off, poor Mr T!

Yesterday, Dom was in a right state, not just over Arthur. Let's hope Sasha forgives him.

Jasmine going/ not going? Surely she has accepted a position?

• ERICS MUM
    • By ERICS MUM 7th Jun 17, 8:57 PM
    • 3,435 Posts
    • 6,386 Thanks
    ERICS MUM
    That Jasmine is so silly, I wouldn't want her treating me. If she worked for me she would be on a disciplinary by now for time-wasting & inappropriate behaviour.
    • BOBS
    • By BOBS 7th Jun 17, 10:31 PM
    • 2,751 Posts
    • 2,096 Thanks
    BOBS
    Is the new F1 Damon Ford the same guy that acts the comical guy in Benidorm ?

Couldnt decide at all last night .
    Last edited by BOBS; 07-06-2017 at 10:34 PM.
    • Anglea
    • By Anglea 18th Jun 17, 1:50 PM
    • 7,002 Posts
    • 17,206 Thanks
    Anglea
    I wonder if Cal's killer will ever be prosecuted?

Lily finally finding love - at the funeral of all places

I've forgotten what happened in Holby although watched it, think Jasmine is staying.

• pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 18th Jun 17, 7:53 PM
    • 23,116 Posts
    • 59,830 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Jasmine is staying, but lovely Mo and her Derwood have driven off into the sunset!

I thought her apology would mean that she'd stay, but I read that the actor, Chizzy ?, had had enough.

One of the nicest soap characters ever!

Casually was a bit off. Can you imagine anyone having sex in a hearse?

• ERICS MUM
    • By ERICS MUM 18th Jun 17, 10:11 PM
    • 3,435 Posts
    • 6,386 Thanks
    ERICS MUM
    I missed the end of Casualty last night, just as Ethan started to speak at the funeral.

Did I miss anything profound ?
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 19th Jun 17, 8:44 AM
    • 23,116 Posts
    • 59,830 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Ethan visited Cal's grave for a private time, then saw that Scott looking at him. He chased Scott.

• Torry Quine
    • By Torry Quine 20th Jun 17, 11:55 PM
    • 17,011 Posts
    • 26,032 Thanks
    Torry Quine
    Didn't see that coming. Fran is a loose cannon and hopefully will be stopped.

Dom and Lofty's burgeoning friendship is just what Dom needs.
    Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving . Albert Einstein.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 21st Jun 17, 9:00 AM
    • 23,116 Posts
    • 59,830 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Oh, yea gods, that was a shock!

The birdwatcher guy's comment on Dom and Lofty was funny. Their faces!

• Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 21st Jun 17, 12:22 PM
    • 3,510 Posts
    • 15,279 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    Agree, certainly didn't see that coming. Wonder what the repercussion will be? Lovely to see Ric more often now, and need I say more about the lovely Henrik?
    Did my LBM in reverseFinally debt free with money in the bank!

I know I am getting old, but there is no need for my consultant to age me by another 10 years 😉
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 21st Jun 17, 12:27 PM
    • 1,393 Posts
    • 4,178 Thanks
    Oakdene
    Watched for the first time in a while last night & was gobsmacked at the ending, though I kinda guessed what would happen when Jasmine got the text message & had put the scapel in her pocket.
    • Februarycat
    • By Februarycat 21st Jun 17, 2:01 PM
    • 1,218 Posts
    • 1,611 Thanks
    Februarycat
    A bit of a shock ending last night, hope they realise what Fran is like, hopefully there is CTV where it happened.
    OnePoll = £40.00 11/3/16
    Pureprofile = £15.20
    PanelOpinion = £2.95
    • Anglea
    • By Anglea 21st Jun 17, 10:40 PM
    • 7,002 Posts
    • 17,206 Thanks
    Anglea
    I wasn't happy there were two unpleasant endings last night, also in the drama following it, Broken.

• ERICS MUM
    • By ERICS MUM 22nd Jun 17, 8:14 AM
    • 3,435 Posts
    • 6,386 Thanks
    ERICS MUM
    I recorded it and watched last night. I could hardly bear to watch after Jasmine was injured, really shocked that she died. I know it's only a story but it was a very dramatic episode.

Fran is a 'nutter'. I'm sure (hope) Jac will work it all out in the next couple of episodes.

More realistically, one hospital has lost 2 doctors within a month - not very imaginative scripts. Let's have a bit of romance (not Dom). Ric hasn't featured much and must be ready for a good woman. Ditto Henrik.

PS I see from next week's TV Choice that Donna the ditzy nurse is back. I hope they don't create a 'comedic' role for her.
    Last edited by ERICS MUM; 22-06-2017 at 8:17 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

360Posts Today

2,963Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin