Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • welshdeedee
    • By welshdeedee 13th Aug 14, 10:05 AM
    • 27,163Posts
    • 120,009Thanks
    welshdeedee
    The Holby City Thread - Part 3
    • 13th Aug 14, 10:05 AM
    The Holby City Thread - Part 3 13th Aug 14 at 10:05 AM

New thread as it still makes us smile.
    30:22
    30:07
    29:07
Page 44
    • Anglea
    • By Anglea 23rd Apr 17, 1:37 PM
    • 6,973 Posts
    • 17,147 Thanks
    Anglea
    I never took to Duffy either.

Matteo - I wonder if they had a child that died or maybe she has some kind of serious illness so is in a care home?

• ERICS MUM
    • By ERICS MUM 23rd Apr 17, 1:38 PM
    • 3,397 Posts
    • 6,327 Thanks
    ERICS MUM
    Completely agree with the 2 posts above, the storylines are far-fetched and the acting is carp from a lot of them.
    • Bettie
    • By Bettie 2nd May 17, 2:25 AM
    • 982 Posts
    • 1,118 Thanks
    Bettie
    Holby has been overshadowed this week with the death of Cal in Casualty. I was more upset by Dylan not being able to save him than his death. I can only remember the shoplifting bit in Holby.
    Both programs ended with the actors in tears.
    • ERICS MUM
    • By ERICS MUM 2nd May 17, 6:26 AM
    • 3,397 Posts
    • 6,327 Thanks
    ERICS MUM
    Sam Strachan will either resign or do a complete U-turn and refuse to implement the cuts.

I can't remember the shoplifting bit in Holby - can someone remind me please ? (One eye on my I-pad at the time )
    • Bettie
    • By Bettie 2nd May 17, 10:05 AM
    • 982 Posts
    • 1,118 Thanks
    Bettie
    Essie had a phone call to go help Sasha out and "bring your purse" He had a bottle of wine he hadn't paid for. Later he confessed to stealing and had a locker full of loot that he said he would have to take back. He was sobbing at the end as he agreed he needed help.
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 3rd May 17, 12:16 PM
    • 3,392 Posts
    • 14,409 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    I am loving Henriks sense of humour which is developing so subtly.

Don't know about Sascha's depression, there was no indication of it up to last week and none this week, so we are probably coming into the silly season now.

I cried for Mo at the end
    Did my LBM in reverseFinally debt free with money in the bank!

I know I am getting old, but there is no need for my consultant to age me by another 10 years 😉
    • Anglea
    • By Anglea 12th May 17, 12:04 AM
    • 6,973 Posts
    • 17,147 Thanks
    Anglea
    I must have been distracted through some of the recent episodes as I don't remember seeing Sacha shoplifting nor anything untowards with Mo.

So we've finally been showed Matteo's secret. As usual key staff are walking off in the middle of their shift.

Jez and his love life - could it get any more complicated now in Casualty?

• maman
    • By maman 12th May 17, 12:18 AM
    • 16,235 Posts
    • 96,918 Thanks
    maman
    I must have been distracted through some of the recent episodes as I don't remember seeing Sacha shoplifting nor anything untowards with Mo.

So we've finally been showed Matteo's secret. As usual key staff are walking off in the middle of their shift.

Jez and his love life - could it get any more complicated now in Casualty?
    Originally posted by Anglea
    Like you I missed Sacha's shoplifting but I do sometimes fall asleep during Holby.

I despair of HR in Holby. Staff seem to come and go at will. Maybe it reflects the chaos that is the NHS.

I'm liking Henrik becoming more human, glad to see Dom back. I like Matteo but the new storyline about a disappeared child seems far fetched. Yes it happens but hardly typical
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 12th May 17, 8:13 AM
    • 21,890 Posts
    • 55,888 Thanks
    pollypenny
    I enjoyed Holby this week. Hopefully Morven will clear off with Cameron and we'll have no more of that artificial smile.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 12th May 17, 8:19 AM
    • 3,392 Posts
    • 14,409 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    I wonder if that tin of fish was a genuine one?!

What was Matteo's wife in, I recognised her, but don't know from what?
    Did my LBM in reverseFinally debt free with money in the bank!

I know I am getting old, but there is no need for my consultant to age me by another 10 years 😉
    • Judi
    • By Judi 12th May 17, 10:57 AM
    • 14,836 Posts
    • 59,630 Thanks
    Judi
    I wonder if that tin of fish was a genuine one?!

Originally posted by Gettingtherequickly
    Theres a long list of programmes she has been in.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0223499/

Personally, she's new to me.
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • Bettie
    • By Bettie 12th May 17, 11:50 AM
    • 982 Posts
    • 1,118 Thanks
    Bettie

Originally posted by Gettingtherequickly
    I remember her for going out with Dev in Corrie, she did a painting of him and he was nude then she showed everyone.
    • maman
    • By maman 17th May 17, 11:24 AM
    • 16,235 Posts
    • 96,918 Thanks
    maman
    I was a bit lost with last night's episode. I gave up watching Casualty years ago so assume (after hearing some reference to Charlie with the tubby woman on the stairs) that the Lofty back story has something to do with that.

Then I had a problem digging up the story about Jac and the woman from the children's home out of my memory. Vaguely remember a slap in the face somewhere.

I need to stop watching Holby late at night when I'm half asleep!

I'm delighted that Henrik has kept a log of all Jac's bullying behaviour. It'll be interesting to see how that one pans out. Hopefully HR will not be its usual ineffectual self.

Looking forward to the wedding. Will Guy be back as father of the bride?
    • Torry Quine
    • By Torry Quine 17th May 17, 12:46 PM
    • 16,852 Posts
    • 25,675 Thanks
    Torry Quine
    I was a bit lost with last night's episode. I gave up watching Casualty years ago so assume (after hearing some reference to Charlie with the tubby woman on the stairs) that the Lofty back story has something to do with that.

Then I had a problem digging up the story about Jac and the woman from the children's home out of my memory. Vaguely remember a slap in the face somewhere.

I'm delighted that Henrik has kept a log of all Jac's bullying behaviour. It'll be interesting to see how that one pans out. Hopefully HR will not be its usual ineffectual self.

Originally posted by maman
    Lofty worked in Casualty but left after he was giving a shock to a patient but an agency nurse hadn't heard and was also shocked leading to her death.

Robyn the nurse he was speaking to has just had a baby in Casualty.
    Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving . Albert Einstein.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 17th May 17, 1:36 PM
    • 21,890 Posts
    • 55,888 Thanks
    pollypenny
    I suspect that Jac will be off for a time. The actor, Rosie ?, looks pregnant to me.

I was thinking the other day that there's a shortage of nurses in Holby. Dom was very assertive with Lofty. Not at the bottom of the pile for once!
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • Tammykitty
    • By Tammykitty 17th May 17, 2:36 PM
    • 464 Posts
    • 1,002 Thanks
    Tammykitty

I think they need to subtly explain things a bit better when they do crossover story lines - as like you, I was lost in yesterdays episode
    Last edited by Tammykitty; 18-05-2017 at 10:33 AM.
    Weight Loss Challenge
    Start: 10th September 2016 - 49lbs to lose.
    Progress - 22/49 (3/12/16)

Restarted 8/05/17 - 41lbs to lose (Managed to put 1 stone on in 4 months!) Progress 6/41 (13/05/17)
    • usefulmale
    • By usefulmale 23rd May 17, 8:37 PM
    • 2,282 Posts
    • 4,191 Thanks
    usefulmale
    Surprise surprise. Loftys come back as a poof.

I am sick of Holby shoving hom0s3xuality down our throats.
    Originally Posted by MSE Forum Team
    We’ve had to remove your signature because what you wrote was true and sensible and there's no room for that here.
    • maman
    • By maman 24th May 17, 12:25 AM
    • 16,235 Posts
    • 96,918 Thanks
    maman
    What was all that about Mo and the baby? Another story line I must have slept through.

Loved the bit where Ric walked in!
    • ERICS MUM
    • By ERICS MUM 24th May 17, 5:27 AM
    • 3,397 Posts
    • 6,327 Thanks
    ERICS MUM
    Well I must be completely thick because I just cannot grasp a lot of these storylines. It's as if I've missed a chunk of episodes and just can't pick it up again. Can't be bothered to resort to BBC I-player.
    • Bettie
    • By Bettie 24th May 17, 8:03 AM
    • 982 Posts
    • 1,118 Thanks
    Bettie
    What was all that about Mo and the baby? Another story line I must have slept through.

Loved the bit where Ric walked in!
    Mo operated on Trixie who was pregnant and it went wrong. Trixie died and the baby was delivered by cesarean. It was the episode when Mr Ts mum was in Holby sick, giving Mo a hard time and sniffing about Hanssen.
    I can't believe that Rik wouldn't have been hanging about dishing out orders before the op if he was the lover.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

77Posts Today

1,733Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin