Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • welshdeedee
    • By welshdeedee 13th Aug 14, 10:05 AM
    • 27,163Posts
    • 120,009Thanks
    welshdeedee
    The Holby City Thread - Part 3
    • 13th Aug 14, 10:05 AM
    The Holby City Thread - Part 3 13th Aug 14 at 10:05 AM

New thread as it still makes us smile.
    30:22
    30:07
    29:07
Page 43
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 29th Mar 17, 5:52 PM
    • 22,340 Posts
    • 57,323 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Although last night was the first (I think) physical abuse it feels as if Isaac has been abusing him for an age already.
    Originally posted by maman

He has. Isaac has been emotionally abusing and playing poor Dom for months. It's equally important to show that abuse does not have to be physical.
    Last edited by pollypenny; 30-03-2017 at 8:54 AM. Reason: Mad typos!
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • ERICS MUM
    • By ERICS MUM 29th Mar 17, 10:54 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 6,357 Thanks
    ERICS MUM
    I'm hoping Henrik will step in 'big time' to put an end to it. The actor playing Dom is very good at showing vulnerability but at the same time feeling it's his fault. I think it's a very good storyline, well written and sensitively acted.
    • Torry Quine
    • By Torry Quine 5th Apr 17, 10:15 PM
    • 16,949 Posts
    • 25,853 Thanks
    Torry Quine
    What did people think of yesterday's episode? How did Serena get deck chairs up to the roof? Loved Jason getting her a library book and then getting worried because it said non-transferable!

Now that Zosia has seen what Isaac has done how will things develop, I think next week may be the final denoument.

Interestingly the Sunday Mail had an article about a woman whose son had died and his heart donated. 13 years later the recipient has died and she says it's like losing him all over again.

It Ws Special to Know Our Son's Heart Had Been Beating for 13 Years in Marc's Chest. Now He's Gone Too. It's like Losing Our Boy All over Gain; MUM WHOSE DECISION GAVE LIFE TO ANOTHER TELLS OF AGONY OF SECOND DEATH

A mum who donated her son's heart has told how the death of the recipient was like "losing him all over again".
    Sue Burton and her husband Nigel agreed to donate their son Martin's organs in 2003 after he died, aged 16.
    Their decision saved the life of Marc McCay, who had been given hours to live.
    Sadly, Marc, from Lochwinnoch, Renfrewshire, passed away last September after suffering a cardiac arrest 13 years after his life-saving transplant.
    Sue said: "When I first heard I was very upset but I think even then I was upset for the family.
    "We'd done our grieving for Martin 13 years previously and I couldn't do it again because it was too painful. …
    Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving . Albert Einstein.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 6th Apr 17, 9:19 AM
    • 22,340 Posts
    • 57,323 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Henrik was lovely on Tuesday. I think the script writers should set Dom's mother on isaac!

• maman
    • By maman 6th Apr 17, 11:14 AM
    • 16,658 Posts
    • 99,504 Thanks
    maman
    Henrik was lovely on Tuesday. I think the script writers should set Dom's mother on isaac!
    Originally posted by pollypenny
    Even Dom's dad might invite him to step outside.

I liked this week's episode in that most of the story lines were plausible and none of the Essie nonsense involved. Do you imagine that the same person writes the whole show or that the e.g. Dom storylines are written by one person and the Essie stuff by another?

I'm assuming the deckchairs were taken up to the roof by 'real smokers torry.
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 6th Apr 17, 12:33 PM
    • 3,435 Posts
    • 14,708 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    Henrik was lovely on Tuesday.
    Originally posted by pollypenny
    I wondered if he was hinting that he wanted to be more involved with Serena, they have always had a good relationship.

Jason, as usual, everything was crystal clear in his mind, no grey areas, matter of fact, think he is a great addition to the cast.
    Did my LBM in reverseFinally debt free with money in the bank!

I know I am getting old, but there is no need for my consultant to age me by another 10 years 😉
    • Judi
    • By Judi 8th Apr 17, 2:23 PM
    • 15,069 Posts
    • 61,287 Thanks
    Judi
    Just catching up on some midweek tv online. The abuse storyline on Holby is making me feel very uncomfortable.
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • sillyvixen
    • By sillyvixen 8th Apr 17, 9:24 PM
    • 2,961 Posts
    • 4,470 Thanks
    sillyvixen
    How did Serena get deck chairs on the roof
    Originally posted by Torry Quine
    I made the same point to hubby, his answer was that it was nothing for Serena or myself to worry about, it was the props departments problem!
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
    • Torry Quine
    • By Torry Quine 8th Apr 17, 9:33 PM
    • 16,949 Posts
    • 25,853 Thanks
    Torry Quine
    I made the same point to hubby, his answer was that it was nothing for Serena or myself to worry about, it was the props departments problem!
    Originally posted by sillyvixen

I wish they would say how long it's supposed to be between episodes. Tonight's Casualty was obviously at least a few weeks later as David is back at work and baby Charlie going home.

Connie is being more supportive in many ways of Hugo than her own daughter.
    Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving . Albert Einstein.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 9th Apr 17, 9:21 AM
    • 22,340 Posts
    • 57,323 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Connie was her usually annoying self yesterday. How likely is it that she'd take another child in when her daughter has left to live with her father.

Good to see David back, but silly that Robyn hung around all day with the baby.

• Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 11th Apr 17, 9:03 PM
    • 3,435 Posts
    • 14,708 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    Oh my word, that was dealt with so beautifully. I am in love with the lovely Henrik

I know I am getting old, but there is no need for my consultant to age me by another 10 years 😉
    • ERICS MUM
    • By ERICS MUM 12th Apr 17, 10:34 AM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 6,357 Thanks
    ERICS MUM
    I wasn't paying attention by the closing few seconds - who was pushing Dom's wheelchair ? I hope it was Henrik but it might have been Zosia ?

I think Ryan (the nurse whose partner was admitted) would be ideal for Dom but I can't remember why they split up before ?

I enjoyed it last night apart from the Fletch storyline, I've never been keen on him.
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 12th Apr 17, 11:28 AM
    • 3,435 Posts
    • 14,708 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    I wasn't paying attention by the closing few seconds - who was pushing Dom's wheelchair ? I hope it was Henrik but it might have been Zosia ?
    Originally posted by ERICS MUM
    It was Henrik, at least it looked as if it was someone wearing a suit. He is obviously more perceptive than they all thought & I think this will be the start of a new relationship with Dom, becoming a surrogate father. I think that he is seeing that Dom has the compassion to do the correct thing for a patient, even if he going about it the wrong way, whereas his son, who he thought was doing the correct thing for the patient was doing it for his own benefit. I love how we are seeing a softer side to him.

• carlislelass
    • By carlislelass 12th Apr 17, 12:55 PM
    • 1,572 Posts
    • 3,824 Thanks
    carlislelass
    It was Henrik, at least it looked as if it was someone wearing a suit. He is obviously more perceptive than they all thought & I think this will be the start of a new relationship with Dom, becoming a surrogate father. I think that he is seeing that Dom has the compassion to do the correct thing for a patient, even if he going about it the wrong way, whereas his son, who he thought was doing the correct thing for the patient was doing it for his own benefit. I love how we are seeing a softer side to him.
    Originally posted by Gettingtherequickly
    I thought Henri was standing to the side , a porter pushing the wheelchair?
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 12th Apr 17, 3:19 PM
    • 3,435 Posts
    • 14,708 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    Originally posted by carlislelass
    Ooh, will have to have a look on iplayer, at least it will only be the last minute

• BOBS
    • By BOBS 12th Apr 17, 6:18 PM
    • 2,714 Posts
    • 2,055 Thanks
    BOBS
    Originally posted by carlislelass
    it was - just had another look on iplayer.
    • Anglea
    • By Anglea 13th Apr 17, 10:28 PM
    • 6,987 Posts
    • 17,177 Thanks
    Anglea
    I've finally caught up with the last couple of pages of posts, I had trouble getting into the site lately.

Isaac was still thinking he hadn't done anything wrong even at the end.

Re the previous week, Serena was up on the roof and she was supposed to be in the middle of her shift, and the other doctors went to find her, let's hope there wasn't an emergency on the ward at the same time.

I also noticed the way Connie was with the boy compared to her daughter.

I didn't see all of Casualty few weeks ago where Sam was indifferent to the girl he slept with and expected her to get the bus to work. Were any decisions made about which staff would be let go?

• Anglea
    • By Anglea 19th Apr 17, 10:51 PM
    • 6,987 Posts
    • 17,177 Thanks
    Anglea
    Thank goodness Dom finally spoke to the police about manipulative Isaac.

Did any of you see Lewis this evening? Zosia and Henrik in the same episode.

• Anglea
    • By Anglea 23rd Apr 17, 12:59 PM
    • 6,987 Posts
    • 17,177 Thanks
    Anglea
    What do you all think of Casualty?

I didn't remember who shot Jacob even when they were brought in.

An episode of revelations - the father admitting he'd known all along about the son and Cal revealing he knew Ethan slept with his gf. The email culprit turns out to be the paramedic's sister. And finally Lily stands up to Sam and gets run over at the end of the episode.

I did wonder how long before there would be another disaster involving the staff and here it was. Not that long after David and the birth fiasco.

• Yah Boo Sux
    • By Yah Boo Sux 23rd Apr 17, 1:33 PM
    • 132 Posts
    • 412 Thanks
    Yah Boo Sux
    Casualty - "silly season" again if you ask me.
    Too many storylines which are far too shallow & unlikely, and all at the same time.
    Oh and I still really, really do not like Duffy.

Holby though is interesting.
    I wanna see why Matteo is so seemingly distraught about his (ex?) wife.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

173Posts Today

1,277Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin