Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • welshdeedee
    • By welshdeedee 13th Aug 14, 10:05 AM
    • 27,163Posts
    • 120,009Thanks
    welshdeedee
    The Holby City Thread - Part 3
    • 13th Aug 14, 10:05 AM
    The Holby City Thread - Part 3 13th Aug 14 at 10:05 AM

New thread as it still makes us smile.
    30:22
    30:07
    29:07
Page 42
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 15th Mar 17, 9:39 AM
    • 3,313 Posts
    • 14,013 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    "I write my own!" Only the lovely Henrik could say that

Poor Dom, hopefully, between Zosia & Noel, he will come out of it relatively unscathed. Who knows, maybe even the patient will come to his rescue and grass his bully up, I think that Henrik will be upset that a) he misjudged Isaac & b) that he didn't see that Dom wasn't strong enough to stand up not only to Isaac but to follow his own instincts as a doctor.

Oh, and of course Olly phoning at 3am to advise Hanson were number 1 in the 90's with MBop! That was a laugh out loud moment )))))))))))
    Last edited by Gettingtherequickly; 15-03-2017 at 9:50 AM.
    Did my LBM in reverseFinally debt free with money in the bank!

I know I am getting old, but there is no need for my consultant to age me by another 10 years 😉
    • Torry Quine
    • By Torry Quine 15th Mar 17, 11:34 AM
    • 16,716 Posts
    • 25,452 Thanks
    Torry Quine
    Henrik was brilliant. Junior doctors hide and seek.��

Dom was all set to leave but did he actually go through with it? To me the ending was ambiguous.
    Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving . Albert Einstein.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 15th Mar 17, 3:13 PM
    • 21,417 Posts
    • 54,575 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Good to see Noel crossing over, makes it more realistic. That Isaac needs Mo on his case; she'd sort him out!

For the first time, I felt sorry for Morven. And a little bit for jasmine. She's floundering from one disaster to another.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 19th Mar 17, 5:37 PM
    • 21,417 Posts
    • 54,575 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Phew, Casualty last night! I was torn between scorn for its unlikely development and bring impressed with Jason Durr's acting!

Why the hell didn't Robyn give birth in the car, under cover? A new born prem baby in torrential rain - oh, great idea!

• Ames
    • By Ames 19th Mar 17, 6:17 PM
    • 16,107 Posts
    • 27,982 Thanks
    Ames
    Phew, Casualty last night! I was torn between scorn for its unlikely development and bring impressed with Jason Durr's acting!

Why the hell didn't Robyn give birth in the car, under cover? A new born prem baby in torrential rain - oh, great idea!
    Originally posted by pollypenny
    Yup, pretty much sums up my feelings too. The shot of her sitting on the grave after giving birth, apparently dying could only have been worse if the episode had gone out on Halloween.

And why did Duffy, the midwife, call an ambulance while Charlie ran to Robin, surely the other way round would have been more likely?

I'm also impressed with Max's eyesight, spotting the phone on the road in driving rain from a moving car. And how lucky it hadn't been run over by anyone else!

But then there seems to be some unwritten Law of TV that mental illness storylines have to have a stereotype quota of above 90% and end with a huge overblown totally unbelievable crisis.

I do feel sorry for Jason Durr though. A nice, stable job with a challenging role anda leading storyline... then that script lands.
    Last edited by Ames; 19-03-2017 at 6:20 PM.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.

Reading the alphabet in 2017. 21/100
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    • Torry Quine
    • By Torry Quine 19th Mar 17, 6:25 PM
    • 16,716 Posts
    • 25,452 Thanks
    Torry Quine
    I did like Dylan getting David to voluntarily go with the mental health team. Also did any one else think that David's surname being Hide is a reference to Jekyll and Hide!
    Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving . Albert Einstein.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 22nd Mar 17, 12:26 PM
    • 21,417 Posts
    • 54,575 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Big surprise with Zosia last night! I didn't think she'd abhort the baby. Poor Ollie!

Isaac has managed to get even worse, but the Parker story is ludicrous.

• maman
    • By maman 22nd Mar 17, 12:57 PM
    • 15,761 Posts
    • 93,842 Thanks
    maman
    Big surprise with Zosia last night! I didn't think she'd abhort the baby. Poor Ollie!

I was confused. I don't think I've missed an episode but although I remember her being pregnant I missed the abortion bit completely yet Isaac and Mo seemed to know. Maybe I fell asleep last week at a crucial point.

I, too, am fed up with the Essie/Parker nonsense. She'd be on my list of characters to lose but Isaac must go to the top of the list.
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 22nd Mar 17, 12:59 PM
    • 3,313 Posts
    • 14,013 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly

I wasn't sure how Zosia would go due to her bipolar. Isaac has to have his comeuppance coming, hopefully sooner rather than later. Serena looks as if she is going to "adopt" Evie as a surrogate daughter.

I know I am getting old, but there is no need for my consultant to age me by another 10 years 😉
    • Torry Quine
    • By Torry Quine 22nd Mar 17, 1:06 PM
    • 16,716 Posts
    • 25,452 Thanks
    Torry Quine
    I was confused. I don't think I've missed an episode but although I remember her being pregnant I missed the abortion bit completely yet Isaac and Mo seemed to know. Maybe I fell asleep last week at a crucial point.

I, too, am fed up with the Essie/Parker nonsense. She'd be on my list of characters to lose but Isaac must go to the top of the list.
    Originally posted by maman
    No you haven't missed an episode. We only knew about the abortion from Issac looking in her bag and seeing the after care leaflet.

I do think the Parker story has gone on long enough.

• pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 23rd Mar 17, 9:12 AM
    • 21,417 Posts
    • 54,575 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Zosia must have been in early pregnancy and abhorted the foetus with tablets.
    Last edited by pollypenny; 23-03-2017 at 9:14 AM.

• Bettie
    • By Bettie 23rd Mar 17, 10:35 AM
    • 974 Posts
    • 1,104 Thanks
    Bettie
    Zosia must have been in early pregnancy and abhorted the foetus with tablets.
    She said " I took the second tablet...."
    • building with lego
    • By building with lego 28th Mar 17, 9:40 PM
    • 2,365 Posts
    • 5,649 Thanks
    building with lego
    Oh gosh, poor Dom.

(We knew it was coming but it was still shocking.)
    They call me Dr Worm... I'm interested in things; I'm not a real doctor but I am a real worm.
    • BOBS
    • By BOBS 28th Mar 17, 11:05 PM
    • 2,650 Posts
    • 1,961 Thanks
    BOBS
    Oh gosh, poor Dom.

(We knew it was coming but it was still shocking.)
    Originally posted by building with lego
    I really hope they dont drag this out too long - feel so sorry for him. Need Isaac to get his comeuppance !!
    also
    Why did they feel the need for Serena Campbell to discover a patient had her daughters heart only for her to proceed and die - seriously Holby - WHY ??
    • JIL
    • By JIL 28th Mar 17, 11:42 PM
    • 2,935 Posts
    • 17,075 Thanks
    JIL
    What a strange episode tonight. As soon as it was known about the heart transplant it was obvious where the story was going. Not sure why Serena was allowed near the patient and I am sure one of the first questions would have been about when the transplant took place.

Hope the Dom story doesn't drag on.
    • maman
    • By maman 29th Mar 17, 12:30 AM
    • 15,761 Posts
    • 93,842 Thanks
    maman
    I really hope they dont drag this out too long - feel so sorry for him. Need Isaac to get his comeuppance !!
    also
    Why did they feel the need for Serena Campbell to discover a patient had her daughters heart only for her to proceed and die - seriously Holby - WHY ??
    Originally posted by BOBS
    I suppose it was better than Serena stalking the patient for ever after.

I agree that they need to move quickly on with the Dom storyline. They always advertise the helpline afterwards and it would be best for those who suffer abuse in RL to see it dealt with properly. Hope Zosia isn't too loved up to help him.
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 29th Mar 17, 8:26 AM
    • 3,313 Posts
    • 14,013 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    Bit of a strange one last night. Will be interesting to see how the Hanssen/Dom relationship pans out, as Dom has clearly shown his ability.

I suppose we all, quite rightly, feel uncomfortable about the Isaac/Dom relationship, but the dragging out of the storyline does actually reflect real life. On average a partner is a victim of 35 assaults by their partner before the victim actually seeks help as the abuser has such control.

Ellie's heart, ridiculous storyline, but on the plus side, Jason is back I think he is great.

• pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 29th Mar 17, 8:39 AM
    • 21,417 Posts
    • 54,575 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Unfortunately abuse often persists and the abusers wields consider power. It will be more realistic to let it run a while. The abuse is both domestic and professional. Poor Dom.

Agree about the heart: a coincidence too far.

• BOBS
    • By BOBS 29th Mar 17, 9:56 AM
    • 2,650 Posts
    • 1,961 Thanks
    BOBS
    Unfortunately abuse often persists and the abusers wields consider power. It will be more realistic to let it run a while. The abuse is both domestic and professional. Poor Dom.

Realistic I suppose to let it run - but maybe dealing with it sooner rather than later will show folks that it is possible to get out, rather and being subject of more abuse and assault.
    • maman
    • By maman 29th Mar 17, 12:51 PM
    • 15,761 Posts
    • 93,842 Thanks
    maman

Although last night was the first (I think) physical abuse it feels as if Isaac has been abusing him for an age already.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,502Posts Today

9,234Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @EmmaDark30: @MartinSLewis off on holiday next month all paid for with free cash for switching bank accounts! Thank you!

• MSE weekly email: Big Energy Switch 7, £5 Next/Zara etc, buy euros now?, 10xNectar, 2for1 gardens, urgent easyjet https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Today's Twitter poll 2: following on, which of these professions would you trust least if you were using their services?

• Follow Martin