Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Aug 14, 1:03 AM
    • 48,983Posts
    • 62,469Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    READ THIS BEFORE YOU START A NEW THREAD ABOUT ZZPS or DEBT RECOVERY PLUS!
    • 10th Aug 14, 1:03 AM
    READ THIS BEFORE YOU START A NEW THREAD ABOUT ZZPS or DEBT RECOVERY PLUS! 10th Aug 14 at 1:03 AM
    Please...please... NO NEW THREADS ABOUT ZZPS or DEBT RECOVERY PLUS. NOOOOO!

Yes we know you got a letter like this one...or a Debt Recovery Plus or Zenith version (yawn):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/89511704@N03/8145428304/

[B]...but no we do not need any new threads about it as we can't say the same thing again and again without one of us self-combusting!

You need NO HELP ignoring debt collector letters so do not respond if any poster with less than 1000 posts, contacts you by pm offering to 'help' off-forum. We do not do that and the person could be anyone/from the dark side.

Like all debt collector letter chains - don't start a new thread as these have been discussed to death every week of every month for about a decade. NOT JOKING - ABOUT A DECADE AND NOTHING HAS CHANGED IF YOU'VE MISSED THE APPEAL WINDOW YOU ARE LIKELY TO GET THESE LETTERS.

Not saying for a minute the forum can't help you because it can if you simply READ OTHER THREADS...please...but don't start your own.

Just read post #4 of the Newbies thread which is all about 'ignore the debt collectors' stage. Boring boring boring.

And if you are unconvinced and still itching to ring the idiots, DON'T. DO NOT RING THEM.

Search this forum for the word...'Debt Recovery Plus' or 'Zenith' or 'ZZPS'...(or the name of the debt collector if different) read all the other boring threads...and rinse and repeat and read more. But spare us the new thread please.

New threads about debt collectors clog up what is a parking forum, not a 'oh look I have got the same debt collector letters...so have I...so have I...now what do I do' forum.

There are only so many times we can type the word 'ignore' and post #4 of the Newbies top thread already covers your options...ignore, basically! Any more new threads about the same old thing is pointless.

Thankyou - Happy reading & collecting of the letters. It is amusing when you know what to expect and that it is all hot air!

Finally, 4 important things:

1. - if your PPC is a litigious one like ParkingEye or Excel, then you should not ignore the PPC (ignore DRP though).

2. - if you move house within 6 years, tell the PPC and debt collector by letter, giving them your new address as registered keeper and update your V5 with the DVLA, not just your driving licence address. You do not want to MISS an actual court claim!

3. - if you get a court claim from the parking firm (cannot come from a debt collector!), do not panic, Do NOT ignore court papers!! Start a new thread if you need to actually defend one of these but not to tell us about debt collector drivel.

4. Debt collectors like Debt Recovery Plus or ZZPS or TNC cannot litigate.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 23-10-2016 at 4:42 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Page 13
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Apr 17, 11:25 PM
    • 48,983 Posts
    • 62,469 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Collecting debt collector letters is amusing - read these links:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3829727

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=67206460&highlight=#post67206460

We have laughed at this letter chain for almost a decade - I collected those letters myself a few years ago. They are funny!
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Redx
    • By Redx 9th May 17, 9:03 AM
    • 15,184 Posts
    • 19,135 Thanks
    Redx
    IGNORE the debt collector drivel.

as above (bump^^^^^^^^^^^)

Just do not ignore a court claim; those must be defended. But they do NOT come from debt collector call centres!

People think there is always a "next step", sometimes you just stop digging.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 31st May 17, 12:39 AM
    • 48,983 Posts
    • 62,469 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    As above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ read from page ONE and PLEASE PLEASE read 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST' post #4, about ignoring debt collector letter chains.

• Redx
    • By Redx 3rd Jun 17, 9:10 AM
    • 15,184 Posts
    • 19,135 Thanks
    Redx

Just do not ignore a court claim; those must be defended. But they do NOT come from debt collector call centres!

Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Jun 17, 8:44 PM
    • 48,983 Posts
    • 62,469 Thanks
    Coupon-mad

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=67206460&highlight=#post67206460

We have laughed at this letter chain for almost a decade - I collected those letters myself a few years ago. They are funny!

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Jun 17, 7:13 PM
    • 48,983 Posts
    • 62,469 Thanks
    Coupon-mad

• gwin
    • By gwin 14th Jun 17, 3:19 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    gwin
    I'm one of the people who started a new thread about Rossendales. I searched, read through some of the existing posts and decided they didn't fit my situation (pre-POPLA). I posted on someone else's thread who had the same issue and was told off for not starting my own thread. I started my own thread, someone else with the same issue posted and was, again, told off for not starting their own thread. So, I'd suggest that you are being rather harsh here.
    Originally posted by Kathy535
    This 100%.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Jun 17, 4:02 PM
    • 14,049 Posts
    • 22,069 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    This 100%.
    Originally posted by gwin
    Eh? The post you quote is nearly 3 years old. Not sure why you are posting on this thread, do you have a debt collector problem you want help with?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Jun 17, 8:34 PM
    • 48,983 Posts
    • 62,469 Thanks
    Coupon-mad

• llyamah
    • By llyamah 18th Jun 17, 9:30 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    llyamah
    Out of interest, has anyone received a significant gap in time between letters? I have just received one for an alleged infraction in 2013 (which I ignored when DRP initially contacted me).
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th Jun 17, 9:32 PM
    • 48,983 Posts
    • 62,469 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes. And it's never too late to complain to the retailers, look:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5666099

Ignore debt collectors re private scams, but ALWAYS kick up a fuss with the hand that feeds the scam.

• llyamah
    • By llyamah 18th Jun 17, 9:52 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    llyamah
    Thanks Coupon Mad. And sorry if this next question is a pain.... but from what I have read...

Is it correct that I should still ignore this letter from DRP?

The latest letter is headed FINAL REMINDER and says "We are writing to you as a final reminder before we recommend to our client UK Parking Control Ltd to commence legal action against you".

Before I read this thread, I had thought about writing a letter to DRP to put them to proof, asking them to prove the alleged parking infraction, but now I am minded to continue to ignore the letters.

And sorry, one other question:

The letter was actually sent to an old address and was opened by my Mum. I am only just getting round to updating my driving license. Should I get my Mum to return the letter to sender, stating "not at this address"?
    Last edited by llyamah; 18-06-2017 at 10:04 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th Jun 17, 11:27 PM
    • 48,983 Posts
    • 62,469 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Thanks Coupon Mad. And sorry if this next question is a pain.... but from what I have read...

Is it correct that I should still ignore this letter from DRP?
    Originally posted by llyamah
    Of course. There is no question about that! Apart from emailing to give your new address, to avoid this:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/government-announce-ccj-review-due-to.html

And updating your driving licence does NOT sort this out. You have to also update your car's V5 you know, it's a separate thing at the DVLA, two lots of updates needed. And even then the parking firm will not be able to re-check the address (not allowed) so you will have to tell them it by email.

And sorry, one other question:

The letter was actually sent to an old address and was opened by my Mum. I am only just getting round to updating my driving license. Should I get my Mum to return the letter to sender, stating "not at this address"?
    No, never do that, it encourages the parking firms to try a sneaky small claim in the hope of getting a default CCJ against you (they hope you have moved and that you won't know about their claim, and your Mum returning the letter would NOT help that situation). THE ENTIRE PARKING INDUSTRY IS ROTTEN TO THE CORE.

You need to email DRPlus and UKPC with your new address, something like the email I suggested here on pepipoo (I post there as SchoolRunMum):

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=114077

...see posts 12 and 13, but don't have stuff about 'primacy of contract' or 'Jopson v Homeguard' unless this was UKPC scamming at a residential car park/flats, like there.

DRP (you MUST include their 'ref' from the letter, as well as the 'PCN number'):

info@drpl.co.uk

and UKPC:

appealmoreinfo@ukparkingcontrol.com

START YOUR OWN THREAD LATER, NO MORE QUESTIONS HERE PLEASE.

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Jun 17, 6:36 PM
    • 48,983 Posts
    • 62,469 Thanks
    Coupon-mad

• Jay Mac72
    • By Jay Mac72 7th Jul 17, 3:48 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jay Mac72
    Hi, I made the error of ringing DRP as it said to call if I didnt think I should pay the fine. Basically I had a valid ticket to park my car at the time I parked but put my other cars registration in in error so I told them this. They then gave me the spiel about taking me to court, CCJ and I dont have a leg to stand on etc......... I initially ignored the letter from EuroCarParks as I knew I had the ticket as proof and forgot about it. It then went to DRP and by the sounds of it I have made the school boy error of ringing them. Has anyone else done this and still ignored them? I have searched through loads of threads on the subject and if I hadn't have called them would have just ignored the letter, but I did.... Any advice on what I should do at all or have I royally screwed up?
    Appreciate any help
    Thanks
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Jul 17, 4:33 PM
    • 32,403 Posts
    • 16,500 Thanks
    Quentin
    Ignore them from now on! (THey lied when they told you they would take you to court)

If you do get proper court correspondence from the ppc or the court then come back for advice on your defence. (Start your own thread)

Now read the newbies faq thread to understand the game you are now caught up in
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jul 17, 3:35 PM
    • 48,983 Posts
    • 62,469 Thanks
    Coupon-mad

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jul 17, 10:00 PM
    • 48,983 Posts
    • 62,469 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Look at StaffsSW's collection of daft 'debt collector' letters:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72293259#post72293259

• Redx
    • By Redx 14th Jul 17, 10:15 AM
    • 15,184 Posts
    • 19,135 Thanks
    Redx
    as above (bump^^^^^^^^^^^)

Newbies !!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Jul 17, 8:04 PM
    • 48,983 Posts
    • 62,469 Thanks
    Coupon-mad

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

109Posts Today

1,637Users online

Martin's Twitter