Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sherbie
    • By sherbie 9th Aug 14, 1:28 PM
    • 771Posts
    • 68,130Thanks
    sherbie
    Brand new Beko washing machine squeaking, LOUDLY! Normal?
    • 9th Aug 14, 1:28 PM
    Brand new Beko washing machine squeaking, LOUDLY! Normal? 9th Aug 14 at 1:28 PM
    Got this Beko VM 7043 CW yesterday. I'm really freaking out, and their helpline isn't open til Monday. Hope someone can help!

Basically, I did 40 deg load yesterday. I noticed a bit of noise, but thought it might be a zip or something, you know?

I washed a duvet set this morning, on 60 deg. I went into the kitchen as it was starting to spin, and noticed a squeaking noise, and a few other noises. I panicked, but thought maybe the other things had gone inside the duvet cover, and made the load uneven or something. I dunno...

So I've now got another duvet set in there, on 60. I buttoned up the duvet cover, and was freakishly perfect when I loaded it, to ensure nothing was near the door, it was even etc. The noise is even louder, and is doing it as it's washing.

I'm on the verge of tears, as I was so excited. Yes, it's pathetic, but there we go! I really hope it's something simple, and not something wrong with the machine.

Here's a short vid of it...

http://youtu.be/lEv4tnNDtxc

It's defo getting louder.

I removed the transit bolts, and the machines not wobbling or anything. It sounds like it's coming from inside it. Is this sort of thing to be expected with a new machine? Do they need to settle in or something? Or is it broken already?!

Thanks in advance for any help.

PS I am in the middle of googling, but thought I'd try here, as us MSE-ers are bunch of know it alls!

Page 1
    • anotherginger
    • By anotherginger 9th Aug 14, 1:36 PM
    • 391 Posts
    • 310 Thanks
    anotherginger
    • 9th Aug 14, 1:36 PM
    • 9th Aug 14, 1:36 PM
    Sounds exactly like what happened to my parents new washing machine.

They paid extra for installation on top of delivery and it squeaked like crazy. When my dad pulled the machine out, it turned out that the installers had forgotten to remove the large block of polystyrene that sits underneath. It wasn't visible from the front as it sits within the casing. Installation charge was refunded.
    Last edited by anotherginger; 09-08-2014 at 1:37 PM. Reason: Spelling
    • sherbie
    • By sherbie 9th Aug 14, 1:54 PM
    • 771 Posts
    • 68,130 Thanks
    sherbie
    • 9th Aug 14, 1:54 PM
    • 9th Aug 14, 1:54 PM
    OOoooooooooh, it's funny you say that, because it crossed my mind that there may be a rogue piece of polystyrene underneath, and I was planning on having a looksee when it's done. Thanks for your reply, hoping it's that simple!

• sherbie
    • By sherbie 11th Aug 14, 10:23 PM
    • 771 Posts
    • 68,130 Thanks
    sherbie
    • 11th Aug 14, 10:23 PM
    • 11th Aug 14, 10:23 PM
    So, erm, yeah, LOL, all the above hysteria? Yeah, it was over a bit of polystyrene! There was a massive bit up inside the machine that we had no idea about! Thanks so much for the reply. Sorry your parents had the worry of thinking their machine was wonky, but thanks to the installers incompetence, my problems sorted. I hope!

Here's a pic of what to look for if anyone stumbles on this via google. It was front left, up inside the casing of the machine.Who knew they'd plonk a bit up there, eh?!

https://twitter.com/sherbsville/status/498932419094147072/photo/1

• retepetsir
    • By retepetsir 12th Aug 14, 8:31 AM
    • 1,100 Posts
    • 935 Thanks
    retepetsir
    • 12th Aug 14, 8:31 AM
    • 12th Aug 14, 8:31 AM
    It probably says it in the manual!!

The Great Declutter Challenge - £876
    ------------------------
    • Jake_027
    • By Jake_027 17th Jan 16, 5:08 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Jake_027
    • 17th Jan 16, 5:08 PM
    • 17th Jan 16, 5:08 PM
    I know this is an old thread but just to say thanks so much for this - just had the same problem and fixed it with your advice.
    • BonnieBlue
    • By BonnieBlue 3rd Jul 17, 8:16 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    BonnieBlue
    • 3rd Jul 17, 8:16 AM
    Washing Machine squeaking
    • 3rd Jul 17, 8:16 AM
    I just wanted to say thank you for your post, the same thing happened to me this weekend with my new Beko washing machine and I had no idea why? Until I googled the problem and up came this post and there was the answer, thank you so much
    • Kiran
    • By Kiran 3rd Jul 17, 11:12 AM
    • 1,125 Posts
    • 498 Thanks
    Kiran
    • 3rd Jul 17, 11:12 AM
    • 3rd Jul 17, 11:12 AM
    It definitely does tell you to do this in the manual so you shouldn't need to keep searching the internet for it.
    Some people don't exaggerate........... They just remember big!
    • casper_g
    • By casper_g 3rd Jul 17, 11:37 AM
    • 1,047 Posts
    • 902 Thanks
    casper_g
    • 3rd Jul 17, 11:37 AM
    • 3rd Jul 17, 11:37 AM
    It definitely does tell you to do this in the manual so you shouldn't need to keep searching the internet for it.
    Originally posted by Kiran
    Indeed. It's clear in the manual about the importance of removing this packing material, to the extent that I spent ages trying to find it to remove it, before eventually concluding John Lewis's helpful delivery staff had done the job for me!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

313Posts Today

3,979Users online

Martin's Twitter