Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Helen
    • By Former MSE Helen 4th Aug 14, 9:12 AM
    • 2,324Posts
    • 971Thanks
    Former MSE Helen
    MSE News: 'Don't pay unfair private parking tickets'
    • 4th Aug 14, 9:12 AM
    MSE News: 'Don't pay unfair private parking tickets' 4th Aug 14 at 9:12 AM
    "MoneySavingExpert.com is shouting louder than ever about your right to dispute unfair private parking charges"...

Read the full story:

'Don't pay unfair private parking tickets''

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Page 6
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 6th Feb 17, 7:56 PM
    • 5,972 Posts
    • 7,689 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Hi

I have just received a final demand from CEL for payment of a parking charge notice. Given that this is the first communication i have had from them and the actual letter only has a pcn number and no details beyondd the date of issue, is there any place to check what the charge is supposed to relate to or do i have to contact the company directly.

Also given they are issuing a final demand, yet i have not received any other charge before this, i am assuming that it is more than likely i will have to appeal all of this to Popla?
    Originally posted by Bru4
    See post #99 above.

This is a very old thread and advice no longer applies

If you want help, start your own thread.
    No help is available on this thread

Read the newbies thread FIRST
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Julie Tidball
    • By Julie Tidball 11th Feb 17, 11:30 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Julie Tidball
    I parked in a car park at Staples in Chatham but because I was 14 minutes over the allowed time they sent me a 'fine' for £100. I wrote them a letter declining their invitation to pay as I felt it was excessive. I never received a reply, only another letter the same as the original.
    I have now received a letter from Debt Revovery Plus Ltd saying I now owe £160 that has to be paid straightaway.
    Any advice on what I should do ? What have other people done ?
    Thank you
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 11th Feb 17, 11:32 AM
    • 5,972 Posts
    • 7,689 Thanks
    beamerguy
    I parked in a car park at Staples in Chatham but because I was 14 minutes over the allowed time they sent me a 'fine' for £100. I wrote them a letter declining their invitation to pay as I felt it was excessive. I never received a reply, only another letter the same as the original.
    I have now received a letter from Debt Revovery Plus Ltd saying I now owe £160 that has to be paid straightaway.
    Thank you
    Originally posted by Julie Tidball
    Please see my post above and start your own thread

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 11th Feb 17, 11:35 AM
    • 40,304 Posts
    • 80,504 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Thank you
    Originally posted by Julie Tidball
    Please read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES then start your own thread but do not use your real name, and do not say who was driving. You need to amend your post immediately to remove that information,.
    Parking scammers read these fora.

Do not use the information on this thread. The MSE "official" information is useless, out of date, and will cost you money if you do.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 11th Feb 17, 11:36 AM
    • 40,304 Posts
    • 80,504 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Please see my post above and start your own thread
    Originally posted by beamerguy
    bg, you should edit out the incriminating information you have quoted.
    I don't have a sister.

• beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 11th Feb 17, 11:43 AM
    • 5,972 Posts
    • 7,689 Thanks
    beamerguy
    bg, you should edit out the incriminating information you have quoted.
    Originally posted by Fruitcake
    pardon me fruitcake

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • WF554415
    • By WF554415 2nd Aug 17, 12:28 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    WF554415
    Hi I'm sorry for posting here but new to the forum and not sure how to post!
    I have had a parking charge notice from parking eye for staying 26 minutes over on a parking ticket at the Adelphi Hotel in Liverpool. I replied to it saying it was unfair but they rejected my claim.
    I have now recieved a "letter before county court claim" and not sure what to do.
    Most of the advice I've seen on forums is NOT to reply to any correspondance but as I have repllied to the initial notice I'm not sure if this changes things for me.
    Can someone help please
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 2nd Aug 17, 12:38 PM
    • 14,590 Posts
    • 22,950 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Welcome to MSE WF554415.

This isn't the thread where we will provide advice to you on your specific issue. You will need to open a new thread of your own. Please go to the following link and then press the blue button in the middle (cunningly described as 'New Thread') which will provide you with a new thread window. Post away there.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72879947&postcount=109
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 2nd Aug 17, 12:55 PM
    • 731 Posts
    • 346 Thanks
    legal magpie
    The advice to ignore everything is long outdated.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 2nd Aug 17, 1:41 PM
    • 7,522 Posts
    • 7,558 Thanks
    pogofish
    Hi I'm sorry for posting here but new to the forum and not sure how to post!
    Originally posted by WF554415
    You confirmed that you had read and understood the basics of posting as part of your signup. Basics, yes but enough to avoid this.

In addition, you also clearly agreed not to hijack old/oudated/irrelevant threads, like this one.

Please go to the top of this forum and start by reading the Newbies Sticky carefully - then start your own thread if you need more detailed help.
    • Baynsey7
    • By Baynsey7 8th Aug 17, 6:22 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Baynsey7
    Baynsey7
    I have received a PCN G24 . I attend my local gym weekly and pay the correct car park charge. On this occasion the machine was not working and I took photographic evidence. You have to pay on exit and a number of people experiencing same issue. I wrote to G24 who ignored my explanation and told me to appeal to IAS . Again I requested all appeal forms. They arrived AFTER I had to pay £2 to post office as they had not put postage on. I explained and sent photgraphic evidence. G24 responded with 12 beautifully colored photos of where I should pay and cost etc. I am not disputing there is a cost I do that each week I am stating that the machines were not working. My appeal was dismissed as they said that the machines were working . Clearly they were not. I also stated to IAS send £2 cost of postage to G24 to more than cover my car park fee. Unable to appeal to POPLA as G24 repeatedly refuse to give me 10 digit number . I am seeing on different threads just to ignore and do not pay
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 8th Aug 17, 6:37 PM
    • 731 Posts
    • 346 Thanks
    legal magpie
    Do not ignore it. That advice is long out of date. Put everything in writing to G24 setting out everything you have put here including their refusal to give you the correct number for Popla appeal. Head the letter "complaint", send it recorded delivery and keep a copy. Check online to see when the letter is delivered. Then wait. If you get further correspondence, reminders, threats etc keep everything and reply confirming that it is disputed.
    If they take you to Court, defend the case. Your letters will be essential at a hearing.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 8th Aug 17, 7:55 PM
    • 40,304 Posts
    • 80,504 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    I have received a PCN G24 . I attend my local gym weekly and pay the correct car park charge. On this occasion the machine was not working and I took photographic evidence. You have to pay on exit and a number of people experiencing same issue. I wrote to G24 who ignored my explanation and told me to appeal to IAS . Again I requested all appeal forms. They arrived AFTER I had to pay £2 to post office as they had not put postage on. I explained and sent photgraphic evidence. G24 responded with 12 beautifully colored photos of where I should pay and cost etc. I am not disputing there is a cost I do that each week I am stating that the machines were not working. My appeal was dismissed as they said that the machines were working . Clearly they were not. I also stated to IAS send £2 cost of postage to G24 to more than cover my car park fee. Unable to appeal to POPLA as G24 repeatedly refuse to give me 10 digit number . I am seeing on different threads just to ignore and do not pay
    Originally posted by Baynsey7
    This thread is seriously out of date and nobody should be reading it, let alone posting questions on it.

Start with the Sticky thread for NEWBIES on the main Parking Ticket forum page then start your own thread if you need further help.

Please don't post in this thread again. It should be allowed to fall over the edge of the world as it contains old out of date information and should never again see the light of day.

Do not ignore it. That advice is long out of date. Put everything in writing to G24 setting out everything you have put here including their refusal to give you the correct number for Popla appeal. Head the letter "complaint", send it recorded delivery and keep a copy. Check online to see when the letter is delivered. Then wait. If you get further correspondence, reminders, threats etc keep everything and reply confirming that it is disputed.
    If they take you to Court, defend the case. Your letters will be essential at a hearing.
    Originally posted by legal magpie
    I know you are trying to help but there are several errors in your post that do more harm than good.

The advice to ignore IAS is correct.

PoPLA is not available where the parking scammer is an IPC member so there was never any chance a PoPLA code would be issued.

Never send anything by recorded delivery as it can be refused and thus the scammers will have proof it was never received.
    I don't have a sister.

• legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 8th Aug 17, 10:57 PM
    • 731 Posts
    • 346 Thanks
    legal magpie
    This thread is seriously out of date and nobody should be reading it, let alone posting questions on

Please don't post in this thread again. It should be allowed to fall over the edge of the world as it contains old out of date information and should never again see the light of day.
    Originally posted by Fruitcake
    In that case cant this thread be closed and sealed by the moderators
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 8th Aug 17, 11:01 PM
    • 14,590 Posts
    • 22,950 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    In that case cant this thread be closed and sealed by the moderators
    Originally posted by legal magpie
    They just don't bother. We've asked so many times, but unless the thread is drowning in controversy (or poses a potential legal liability threat to MSE Towers) all such requests are seemingly ignored.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • vordie67
    • By vordie67 16th Sep 17, 10:30 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    vordie67
    help - UKPC
    HI All

last week i received a parking fine from UKPC for parking in a disabled parking space in the Warrington town center area, even though I'm disabled with little money. Seems that when i exited the car, I'd "knocked" my badge off the dashboard and on to the floor. I've appealed but today I've received an email telling me to pay £15:00 or I could appeal again BUT if I lose I'd have to pay £100:00 plus numerous add-ons. I'm going out of my mind with worry has what to do next, does anyone have any suggestions.
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 16th Sep 17, 10:36 PM
    • 8,547 Posts
    • 13,025 Thanks
    worried jim
    HI All
    does anyone have any suggestions.
    Originally posted by vordie67
    Yep. Don't post on a thread that is many years out of date. Start your own and read the newbies sticky first- all your answers lie within.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822
    "Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 16th Sep 17, 11:02 PM
    • 7,522 Posts
    • 7,558 Thanks
    pogofish
    does anyone have any suggestions.
    Originally posted by vordie67
    Yes - Please read the Newbies Sticky at the top of this forum fully - then start your own thread.

Pitching-up on an outdated information thread will not get you any meaningful help and advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

286Posts Today

3,566Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin