Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Zukkini
    What is the best game you have ever played?
    • 24th Jul 14, 11:59 AM
    What is the best game you have ever played? 24th Jul 14 at 11:59 AM
    Hi,

Question's in the title! What is your most favourite game or the most enjoyable game you have played?

So to kick off: my one is Dark Souls 2 and the entire Dark Souls/Demon Souls series. They are the most hardest, most satisfying games that require genuine skill, patience and intuition to play. I cannot recommend it enough. I play it on PC but it is excellent on any platform.

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply!
    This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by Former MSE Jessica; 25-04-2017 at 3:48 PM.
Page 18
    • anajames
    • By anajames 29th Apr 17, 8:03 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    anajames
    Metal Gear is by far the best for me. Currently also playing Ghost Reckon Wildlands.
    • robthomas88
    • By robthomas88 3rd May 17, 4:08 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 1,416 Thanks
    robthomas88
    I will always love GoldenEye on the N64
    • Patrick Stewart
    • By Patrick Stewart 5th Jun 17, 2:30 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Patrick Stewart
    Skyrim was really up there... just so much to explore, so huge and immersive. Remember finding an axe at the bottom of a haunted house in one of the cities in the south, it was just so unexpected and cleverly done.
    Probably even better than Fallout 3.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 5th Jun 17, 5:54 PM
    • 26,454 Posts
    • 14,223 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Skyrim was really up there... just so much to explore, so huge and immersive. Remember finding an axe at the bottom of a haunted house in one of the cities in the south, it was just so unexpected and cleverly done.
    Probably even better than Fallout 3.
    Originally posted by Patrick Stewart
    I love the look of these type of games but can't ever get one because I know they are always designed to be rock hard.
    • jpowell123
    • By jpowell123 5th Jun 17, 7:16 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    jpowell123
    Legend of zelda Breath of the wild took it for me, I spent over 100 hours on it before I even beat the final boss
    • PoorGuyNextDoor
    • By PoorGuyNextDoor 7th Jun 17, 10:03 PM
    • 131 Posts
    • 343 Thanks
    PoorGuyNextDoor
    CM01/02 on the PC....
    Come and join me on my 5 year plan - over in the debt free diaries
    • JeromeMarquez
    • By JeromeMarquez 9th Jun 17, 2:40 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    JeromeMarquez
    All Gta's and Tekken
    • ashleym1992
    • By ashleym1992 9th Jun 17, 10:16 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ashleym1992
    Counter Strike : Global offensive haha
    • annagreenplayer
    • By annagreenplayer 9th Jun 17, 12:23 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    annagreenplayer
    definitely it is the Walking Dead
    • eddysim17
    • By eddysim17 14th Jun 17, 9:52 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    eddysim17
    Hands down The Last of Us. It has an excellent story, gameplay, and graphics, you could get completely lost in the world of the game.
    • luke623
    • By luke623 20th Jun 17, 9:52 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    luke623
    The metal gear series have an amazing story, so in-depth and keeps you thinking.
    Player unknown battle grounds for PC is also up there.
    • Savingsbythebell
    • By Savingsbythebell 28th Jun 17, 11:25 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 135 Thanks
    Savingsbythebell
    The Pokemon series are no doubt my favourites, also Crash Bandicoot!
    • lovinituk
    • By lovinituk 28th Jun 17, 3:32 PM
    • 5,371 Posts
    • 6,037 Thanks
    lovinituk
    Player unknown battle grounds for PC is also up there.
    Originally posted by luke623
    I've been watching Youtube videos of this for the last couple days. It does look good. I played DayZ (Arma 2 mod) and do enjoy the concept.
    • luke623
    • By luke623 28th Jun 17, 5:53 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    luke623
    I've been watching Youtube videos of this for the last couple days. It does look good. I played DayZ (Arma 2 mod) and do enjoy the concept.
    Originally posted by lovinituk
    I would not recommend DayZ. When i played the game it was very buggy, zombies could run through walls and it was so hard to find loot or other players. Although i have not played it in 6 months so it may be completely different.
    With player unknowns you are usually always in contact with other players and lot is plentiful. If you had to choose between the two i would definitely say Player unknowns. It might be on sale for the steam summer sale... i love the steam summer sale

Luke
    • lovinituk
    • By lovinituk 29th Jun 17, 12:28 AM
    • 5,371 Posts
    • 6,037 Thanks
    lovinituk
    I would not recommend DayZ. When i played the game it was very buggy, zombies could run through walls and it was so hard to find loot or other players. Although i have not played it in 6 months so it may be completely different.
    With player unknowns you are usually always in contact with other players and lot is plentiful. If you had to choose between the two i would definitely say Player unknowns. It might be on sale for the steam summer sale... i love the steam summer sale

Luke
    Originally posted by luke623
    I played DayZ when it first came came out as a mod for Arma2. Yeah there were bugs but it was a such a new idea it didn't really matter. Haven't played it for years now but was fun when I did.
    • Markhy81
    • By Markhy81 5th Jul 17, 9:45 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Markhy81
    Best game I have ever played is Witcher 3 The Wild Hunt, currently on over 255 hours of game play including both DLC, and i am on my 3rd play through the game now as there are 8 different endings.

Strongly advise anybody who hasn't played this to pick it up and give it a go
    • Markhy81
    • By Markhy81 5th Jul 17, 9:49 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Markhy81
    The Best
    What a game CM 01/02 was, 17 year old Fernando Torres smashing it haha

Just a shame i cant find a decent copy to ply now to relive how good that game was
    • jimbo747
    • By jimbo747 21st Jul 17, 11:07 PM
    • 238 Posts
    • 643 Thanks
    jimbo747
    We have a ps4 in our office, we play the odd game of fifa etc. This week I ordered a ps VR headset for the office, partly for curiosity, and partly we're intending on developing apps for VR over next year or two, at least thats what I'm telling HMRC.

We also ordered Farpoint with the VR aim controller, and I played it this afternoon at work for the first time.

My God, its spectacular, amazing, a game changer. I had no idea VR could be this good on something this cheap.
    As a game, its pretty average, but as an experience, its better than anything I've ever seen or played. Its like viewing colour TV for the first time, or when I played my first multiplayer game (duke nukem 3d!) online back in the 90's.

I felt I was on a come down when I had to 'leave the matrix', I'm on holiday for a few weeks but I already know at night I'll just be thinking back to how awesome it was, walking around, feeling the gun and the onscreen movement somehow matching exactly.

I have an xbox one S at home, but that'll probably be relegated to just being a UHD player, and told wife I'm getting a PS4, headset and all the other crap when its next on offer!

Anyone on the fence, or not yet convinced, try farpoint with the aim controller. My favourite 'cheesy' film is Starship troopers, I felt like I was there. If VR is this good now, how good will it be in 20 years time?

Skyrim VR also coming later in the year, goodbye real world!
    • Flick216
    • By Flick216 26th Jul 17, 4:42 PM
    • 7,698 Posts
    • 31,080 Thanks
    Flick216
    Best game I have ever played is Witcher 3 The Wild Hunt, currently on over 255 hours of game play including both DLC, and i am on my 3rd play through the game now as there are 8 different endings.

Strongly advise anybody who hasn't played this to pick it up and give it a go
    Originally posted by Markhy81
    I love this game! It's my first console game and my son persuaded me to have a go. I ended up buying my own copy. It is completely brilliant.

I have also discovered Minecraft. Also brilliant.
    ENFP - Assertive
    Officially in a clique of idiots

Smoke me a kipper; I'll be back for breakfast
    • Flick216
    • By Flick216 26th Jul 17, 4:45 PM
    • 7,698 Posts
    • 31,080 Thanks
    Flick216
    I should mention Chaos Engine as well. I love that game!
    ENFP - Assertive
    Officially in a clique of idiots

Smoke me a kipper; I'll be back for breakfast
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,790Posts Today

7,830Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Common question, but actually its pretty meaningless - the amount to govt is arbitrary - i explain why here...? https://t.co/W6NFlmztaV

• RT @avantiproperty: @MartinSLewis You've got too much time on your hands.

• Today's Twitter poll: Bit out of no where this one. If you wear a watch which wrist is it on...

• Follow Martin