Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Zukkini
    What is the best game you have ever played?
    • 24th Jul 14, 10:59 AM
    What is the best game you have ever played? 24th Jul 14 at 10:59 AM
    Hi,

Question's in the title! What is your most favourite game or the most enjoyable game you have played?

So to kick off: my one is Dark Souls 2 and the entire Dark Souls/Demon Souls series. They are the most hardest, most satisfying games that require genuine skill, patience and intuition to play. I cannot recommend it enough. I play it on PC but it is excellent on any platform.
Page 17
    • somethingcorporate
    • By somethingcorporate 6th Feb 17, 10:51 PM
    • 8,750 Posts
    • 8,457 Thanks
    somethingcorporate
    Some top games from my lifetime:

Sensi World of Soccer
    Transport Tycoon
    Sonic(s)
    FF vii
    Baldur's Gate(s)
    Neverwinter Nights
    Fable 2
    The Last of Us
    Skyrim
    Currently playing Witcher 3 which would now make this list as it is brilliant.
    Thinking critically since 1996....
    • mandySaver12
    • By mandySaver12 7th Feb 17, 8:47 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    mandySaver12
    Does anyone remember Loco Roco, have really good memories of playing it as a kid.

But my favourites are:
    - The Last of Us
    - GTA 5
    - Rocket League
    - Mario Kart 64
    - Gears of War
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 7th Feb 17, 12:47 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    The original "Thief The Dark Project" from 1998.
    "Deus Ex" from 2000
    All of the Doom games.
    "Max Payne" in all it's versions
    The "Bioshock" games.
    "Left for Dead"
    I've recently enjoyed playing "Dishonored" too
    • editor1
    • By editor1 12th Feb 17, 2:47 AM
    • 122 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    editor1
    As an 'old git' the best game I've managed to master is Left4Dead - we have 180 plus games on our Xbone, most being too complicated for me to use because I have trouble mastering the controller.
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 19th Feb 17, 11:51 AM
    • 55 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    As an 'old git' the best game I've managed to master is Left4Dead - we have 180 plus games on our Xbone, most being too complicated for me to use because I have trouble mastering the controller.
    Originally posted by editor1
    I don't know if you can play custom or user maps on the XBox. I'm a PC gamer, but if you can some of them for L4D and L4D2 are well worth a look.
    Other games as well.

ETA I'm an old git too.
    Last edited by Jackmydad; 19-02-2017 at 11:53 AM.
    • Dave 308
    • By Dave 308 27th Feb 17, 6:46 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Dave 308
    Baldur's Gate 2

Battlefield Bad Company 2 (before they changed the aiming mechanics)

FF7 & 8 (loved junctioning GF)

Fallout 3

Wastelands 2 (old skool isometric western RPG, from some of the original team behind the early fallout's. Absolutely spot on.)
    • onlyroz
    • By onlyroz 3rd Mar 17, 10:28 PM
    • 12,671 Posts
    • 23,872 Thanks
    onlyroz
    Donkey Kong Jungle Beat on the GameCube. Fabulous platformer controlled using bongos. Utterly mad and left you with bleeding hands, but worth the pain.
    • dereksmalls5
    • By dereksmalls5 14th Mar 17, 10:35 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dereksmalls5
    FFVII was the gaming moment in my life. It holds this place in my heart where I don't think another game could ever knock it off it's perch as my favourite ever.

Metal Gear Solid 5 on the PS4 is the most modern game that might hold a claim. I don't think I will ever get a chance of finishing it though - it's just colossally deep. I don't have that much time and opportunity to play on the Playstation that much these days though to really enjoy it.

Red Dead Redemption sticks out in my mind as a recent great.

Rollercoaster Tycoon is endlessly repayable and is available in a better format on Android Google Play Store. Touch Screen controls actually make it better!

Best 2/4 player games for me are all on the SNES or Megadrive:

Super Bomberman
    Super Mario Kart
    NHL 94
    Street Fighter II
    • gardner1
    • By gardner1 14th Mar 17, 10:40 AM
    • 1,995 Posts
    • 2,849 Thanks
    gardner1
    Hogs Of War......PS1
    • lovinituk
    • By lovinituk 14th Mar 17, 11:42 AM
    • 4,709 Posts
    • 5,174 Thanks
    lovinituk
    Now... Battlefield 1 and Rainbow Six Siege.

I'm not really one for all the nostalgia and games keep getting exponentially better.

I played Battlefield 3 again recently which isn't really that old and found it completely sh!te now compared to Battlefield 1 and even Battlefield 4.
    The following is my forum signature and not necessarily a response to your post:
    "To be truly successful you must live a few years of your life like others won’t so you may live the rest of your life like others can’t"
    • Strebor123
    • By Strebor123 14th Mar 17, 12:50 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Strebor123
    The "Best" game for me can depend on a few different things so I have a few "Best" games.

In terms of sheer awe and how engrossed I got into the game and it's lore it has to be Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. I thought the story and gameplay was amazing, the content was incredible etc. A few years after it came out I downloaded it on PC and modded it and replayed it and it was like a whole new game again. I reckon I've sunk a good 5-600 hours into it. A close second for this category would be Fallout 3 for many similar reasons. Bethesda truly is amazing at producing RPG's.

2 online games I could never put down were "Resistance: Fall of Man" and "COD4" - Both immensely enjoyable to me and I had 4 or 5 friends who I could easily stay on for hours on end with, which only made the experience better. As a clan on COD4 we were actually one of the best teams (the best for a while) in Europe for SnD on PS3.

Good times. Don't have so much time to play anymore but currently climbing the ranks on Rocket League lol.
    • robbyfine
    • By robbyfine 15th Mar 17, 6:24 AM
    • 96 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    robbyfine
    Ingress is the best game I've ever played. After playing for six weeks - 3 of which I was on vacation - I've managed to reach level 8. Honestly, I got a few items from ingress shop ingress-shop.net , but don't judge me too harshly for that. This game helped me lose weight as playing it requires from me to walk around. Any Ingressers here?
    • Strebor123
    • By Strebor123 15th Mar 17, 9:30 AM
    • 68 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Strebor123
    Ingress is the best game I've ever played. After playing for six weeks - 3 of which I was on vacation - I've managed to reach level 8. Honestly, I got a few items from ingress shop ingress-shop.net , but don't judge me too harshly for that. This game helped me lose weight as playing it requires from me to walk around. Any Ingressers here?
    Originally posted by robbyfine
    I've not played Ingress but I did get on the huge nostalgia wave of Pokemon Go lol. Walked 300+ KM in about 2 months. Probably about 220KM more than I would've walked without playing it.
    • tho
    • By tho 16th Mar 17, 11:45 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    tho
    Fifa RTWC '98 - this was when they cracked it, everything worked.
    TOCA Touring Cars 2 - PC - Still the greatest racing game ive ever played
    The Last of Us - Amazing all round.
    Pokemon Blue/Red - Original and Best.
    CM97/98 - The most addictive.
    FM12 - The best.
    Mario Kart
    Sonic 2
    GTA - i'd have to call it a tie between 5 and San Andreas.
    The Walking Dead Season 1 - great reinvention of point and click
    Last edited by tho; 16-03-2017 at 11:48 AM.
    • Crinkmeister
    • By Crinkmeister 17th Mar 17, 6:13 AM
    • 464 Posts
    • 206 Thanks
    Crinkmeister
    The Witcher 3
    • benladdie3000
    • By benladdie3000 19th Mar 17, 10:35 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    benladdie3000
    by quite some distance, metal gear solid (ps1)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,600Posts Today

7,805Users online

Martin's Twitter