Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Shopping & Freebies > I wanna buy-it or do-it > Best deal on 8ft trampoline + enclosure? (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Best deal on 8ft trampoline + enclosure?
Closed Thread
Views: 4,598
# 1
WOW Factor 0
cazthecouponchick
Old 14-07-2007, 11:04 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Best deal on 8ft trampoline + enclosure?

Hi, does anyone know where to buy a 8ft trampoline and enclosure from?

I want to buy one for a birthday present at the end of July. I would like to get the best price, so any help gratefully received.

Thanks in advance for your help

Caz
# 2
nmbash
Old 14-07-2007, 3:29 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default B&Q verse TP ?

B&Q 8Ft Trampoline With Enclosure - £116.50 (online).
I had seen this in the store and thought it was a good price, but I wasn't sure of the quality. I was going to post an sos on this forum (about B&Q verse TP) when I spotted your request, so I'll do this here and hope that some 'expert' out there can help :-)

Does anyone know what the difference is between TP and the B&Q trampoline? I realise that the quality for the TP trampoline will be very good, but does it justify the price difference ? John Lewis is selling TP279 Vienna2 8ft Trampoline for £139 and the TP296 8ft Bounce Surround for £125. They have a £25 discount if you buy both together so the total is £239.

So is the extra £122.5 worth it. I am the type that goes for quality. So is it worth the extra ?

Last edited by nmbash; 15-07-2007 at 11:01 AM.
# 3
cuffie
Old 14-07-2007, 8:05 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Try e-bay. We bought ours from atlantic trampolines. Comes with ladder, enclosure and cover.

I posted a similar question on here back around Easter time. I saw 14ft one in John Lewis for 800 and then these on e-bay for 200. No one could come up with the price differences (except maybe extra padding around the outside). We are more than happy with our one. A ladder itself is around 30 so take that into consideration too.
The Following User Says Thank You to cuffie For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
hm71
Old 14-07-2007, 8:14 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I bought mine from kays- 49.99 trampoline & 46.89 for the enclosure, free delivery currently covers are 5.99 in B&Q. not sure if they are still available but easy to put up and very robust.
# 5
nmbash
Old 15-07-2007, 11:04 AM
MoneySaving Convert

I checked out atlantictrampolines.co.uk - 8ft = 179 but this includes a weather cover and ladder. So worth considering.
# 6
Reluctant_spender
Old 15-07-2007, 1:57 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Atlantic trampolines are very good. There products and customer service.

I would buy via their e-bay shop as they are cheaper than visiting their site direct

Heres their current crop of stuff on ebay - http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZa...polinesQQhtZ-1

Last edited by Reluctant_spender; 15-07-2007 at 1:59 PM. Reason: Added link
# 7
AndysDad
Old 15-07-2007, 2:26 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reluctant_spender View Post
Atlantic trampolines are very good. There products and customer service.

I would buy via their e-bay shop as they are cheaper than visiting their site direct

Heres their current crop of stuff on ebay - http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZa...polinesQQhtZ-1
Their products look good but why are their postages charges so high !
# 8
Reluctant_spender
Old 15-07-2007, 2:40 PM

Next day delivery - they are still cheaper via ebay than their site. They are also heavy packages and they come via nightfrieght.
# 9
Scott Yates
Old 15-07-2007, 8:30 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Not sure where you live, but TJ Hughes in Lichfield are selling 10ft trampolines plus enclusure for 100. I don't think they do mail order, but it might be worth a call to them to see. I bought one for my 6 year old daughter last year and it seems great value to me, and is comparable quality to the B&Q ones.
# 10
Reluctant_spender
Old 15-07-2007, 9:36 PM

Focus DIY also do the 10ft at £100 as well as Asda.
# 11
cazthecouponchick
Old 16-07-2007, 10:25 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Best deal on 8ft trampoline + enclosure?

Thanks to everyone for all your help in answering my question.

I really appreciate you all taking the time to reply. I found an 8ft trampoline + enclosure on both Argos and Tesco website for 129.99, but am too still trying to work out why the TP ones are so much more expensive. :confused:

Thanks again for your help

Caz
# 12
nmbash
Old 24-07-2007, 10:22 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Think the difference is because of the amount of springs and the size of springs. Seems it makes a difference in the bounce :-)

Now I don't know what to do ? I did post another message to see if the spring size really makes a difference but noone one replied :confused:
# 13
cazthecouponchick
Old 24-07-2007, 1:30 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Hi. I think you are right that the difference is the springs. Its not easy trying to make a decision, my mum & dad are buying the trampoline as a present for my son so I have given them all the prices and facts and have given them the decision! Good luck and thanks again for your help

Caz
# 14
kittiwoz
Old 24-07-2007, 5:57 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

As a qualified trampolining coach I have strong reservations about domestic trampolines and it is my personal and professional recommendation that you consider enrolling your child in an organised trampolining class or club. Advantages of this are that they will then be able to learn new moves safely in a controlled environment and under qualified supervision which will reduce the risk of injury and allow them to progress and learn moves which they couldn't do safely on garden trampoline. Also please be aware that whilst there are British Standards in place for commercial trampolines and for club and competition trampolines there are no relevant safety standards for those sold for domestic use. Furthermore trampolining clubs ensure their trampolines undergo regular professional inspection and maintenance.

If you do buy a garden trampoline then you should supervise your child on it at all times and should not permit them to somersault/"flip" under any circumstance. I would strongly recommend use of a safety enclosure and that the trampoline should be sited on an energy absorbing surface such as long grass regardless of whether an enclosure is present and there should be a clear, unobstructed fall area of ideally not less than 2.5 metres around the perimeter. There should be no overhanging obstructions such as tree branches in the area of the trampoline. Children must be taught never to go under the trampoline while someone else is on it. You should not allow more than one child to use the trampoline at any one time. Children should not bounce while wearing jewelery.

There are a couple of useful sites I suggest anyone who has or is thinking of getting a garden trampoline takes a look at. The Royal society for Prevention of Accidents has a factsheet and The British Gymnastics Association has published a Statement on Garden Trampolines which includes safety guidelines.

Re. The difference between different brands with different prices: It is likely the more expensive ones will have a higher spec but most websites don't provide comprehensive specifications so it is pretty much impossible to make a proper comparison. One difference may be the padding. A more expensive trampoline might have thicker and more robust frame padding which would offer more protection and last better. I notice a lot of people asking where to get replacement frame padding on here so it seems to be a particular problem. The springs make a big difference. More springs gives a better bounce. The reputation of the manufacturer seems to have a big impact on the price too. Since there are no safety standards in place for this type of trampoline the good name of the manufacturer is the only quality assurance the buyer has so companies with established backgrounds in gymnastics equipment manufacture or even activity toy manufacture can charge a premium over companies without such experience.
# 15
cazthecouponchick
Old 26-07-2007, 3:04 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Hi, thank you so much for taking the time to respond to me, I really appreciate it. I really want to make sure that we buy the best one we can afford. Your email is very useful. Thanks again
# 16
Trampoline Fanatic
Old 31-07-2007, 10:51 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Trampoline Fanatic

http://www.ebuyer.com/trampolines

I am currently looking at the 10ft trampoline with enclosure and I was wondering, whether it looks a good quality trampoline or not. It is the cheapest that I have seen and many reviews say the same on all of the sizes.

Also, what are the quality of the Tj Hughes 10ft trampoline and enclosure, as they are the same price as the one on ebuyer.

Help much appreciated.

Last edited by Trampoline Fanatic; 31-07-2007 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Slight change of wording.
# 17
kittiwoz
Old 31-07-2007, 5:25 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Considering that there are no safety standards governing domestic trampolines, that they are mostly made by companies with no experience in design of gymnastics equipment and that good quality trampolines look like this and cost around £3,000 new I think it is fair to say that that does not look like a good quality trampoline and neither does anything else you're going to get for a price you are willing to pay. How it might compare to others of its ilk is pretty much impossible to say as the manufacturer does not seem to be specified but it is probably just as rubbish as most of the rest of them.
# 18
nmbash
Old 03-08-2007, 11:25 AM
MoneySaving Convert

To Trampoline Frantic - I am looking at buying a trampoline as well, but personally I would not consider those that you suggested on ebuyer because the enclosure is not on the outside of the trampoline hence you are getting less bouncing space. Also, the springs are probably less than 64.
# 19
nmbash
Old 03-08-2007, 1:34 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Kittiwoz - so apart from TP what other companies make good quality trampolines ? There are so many on Ebay it is difficult to choose.
# 20
Trampoline Fanatic
Old 03-08-2007, 6:33 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Trampoline Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbash View Post
To Trampoline Frantic - I am looking at buying a trampoline as well, but personally I would not consider those that you suggested on ebuyer because the enclosure is not on the outside of the trampoline hence you are getting less bouncing space. Also, the springs are probably less than 64.
I heard though, that the weakest part of a trampoline is the outside of the frame, rather than the inside. It being on the outside would weaken the trampoline and shorten the trampoline's longetivity.

The number of springs is 60. S
Closed Thread