Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Racheya
    • By Racheya 30th Jun 14, 2:44 PM
    • 102Posts
    • 47Thanks
    Racheya
    Pending Transactions on Lloyds internet banking?
    • 30th Jun 14, 2:44 PM
    Pending Transactions on Lloyds internet banking? 30th Jun 14 at 2:44 PM
    For a while I've been able to see pending transactions on an account through Lloyds internet banking but all of a sudden today it's disappeared. It used to be at the top of each account statement when I looked, but it's gone from all my accounts now.

There's definitely pending transactions. I'm just curious if this is a bug or if Lloyds are withdrawing that feature, because it's extremely useful! I'd hate to see it go.
Page 3
    • Uxb
    • By Uxb 29th Oct 14, 8:09 PM
    • 892 Posts
    • 954 Thanks
    Uxb
    Unfortunately not everyone can be just as perfect as you are...
    Originally posted by callum9999
    Well at one time we HAD to keep our own records
    No internet at all - let alone online banking
    No phone banking
    Banks only open 9:30am to 3:30pm and during the working week only.

So all of us in the UK had to keep records either in our heads or on bits of paper as to our spending (and income paid in) on bank cards/cheques/direct debits etc and we reconciled it at statement date when the paper one came in the post.
    This required us to "use our memories" or have proper records and filing systems.

It was a great innovation when you could get a balance from a cashpoint as you could then with a bit of maths and elimination work out which expected payments in/out had been processed.
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 29th Oct 14, 8:48 PM
    • 4,035 Posts
    • 1,234 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    At one time we lived in trees - monkey style.
    Your point?

No phone banking

So all of us in the UK had to keep records either in our heads or on bits of paper as to our spending (and income paid in) on bank cards/cheques/direct debits etc and we reconciled it at statement date when the paper one came in the post.
    This required us to "use our memories" or have proper records and filing systems.

It was a great innovation when you could get a balance from a cashpoint as you could then with a bit of maths and elimination work out which expected payments in/out had been processed.
    Originally posted by Uxb
    • Uxb
    • By Uxb 29th Oct 14, 9:32 PM
    • 892 Posts
    • 954 Thanks
    Uxb
    Try:
    That if people are incapable of sorting out stuff like this why on earth should I or anyone else regard said people as employable in any sector of the UK.
    • pavane
    • By pavane 29th Oct 14, 11:07 PM
    • 109 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    pavane
    It's gone again. I don't understand why they keep on playing with this feature. All the more annoying as I got an animation telling me how to use the 'make payment' function, all these years never knew what it was for!
  • Lloyds Bank
    Hi all,

Apologies for the inconvenience. The pending transactions section is now available again following the issue we had.

Thanks,

Craig
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Lloyds Bank. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.

The information I have provided in this post is correct as at the date of posting."
    • Hazzanet
    • By Hazzanet 30th Oct 14, 10:59 AM
    • 1,616 Posts
    • 905 Thanks
    Hazzanet
    Remember the old Lloyds bank cashpoints where there was a one or two line dot matrix display you peered through a slit to see, and the balance was printed on a punchcard?

Those were the days
    • Hazzanet
    • By Hazzanet 30th Oct 14, 11:07 AM
    • 1,616 Posts
    • 905 Thanks
    Hazzanet
    Aaah, here's one:

• callum9999
    • By callum9999 30th Oct 14, 2:52 PM
    • 3,907 Posts
    • 2,375 Thanks
    callum9999
    No phone banking

Originally posted by Uxb
    Fascinating...
    • kaymay
    • By kaymay 11th Nov 14, 4:16 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    kaymay
    Pending transactions gone again?
    They have disappeared yet again!
    • Jonj1611
    • By Jonj1611 11th Nov 14, 7:14 PM
    • 186 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Jonj1611
    Indeed they have, hopefully back soon
  • Lloyds Bank
    Hi kaymay & Jonj1611,

Sorry about that. The pending transaction function is now available again.

Thanks,

Craig
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Lloyds Bank. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.

The information I have provided in this post is correct as at the date of posting."
    • CJCSciFi
    • By CJCSciFi 15th Dec 15, 1:40 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CJCSciFi
    Pending transactions tab gone missing?
    I logged onto Lloyds online banking today & discovered the tab for looking at pending card transactions has disappeared. Does anyone know if this is a temporary glitch, as before, or a permanent removal - if the former does anyone have any idea when it will be back?
    Thanks.
    • BigAl12
    • By BigAl12 15th Dec 15, 4:06 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    BigAl12
    It would seem to have disappeared from online banking for Halifax, Lloyds Bank, TSB and Bank of Scotland (who all seem to use the same internet banking platform).

Strangely, it's still working for me on mobile banking though, at least on Halifax. I have no pending transactions for Lloyds or the others so cannot confirm the rest.
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 15th Dec 15, 4:48 AM
    • 1,987 Posts
    • 863 Thanks
    Ben8282
    Yes its gone ....
    • Jonj1611
    • By Jonj1611 15th Dec 15, 7:34 AM
    • 186 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Jonj1611
    Hopefully as before it will be back soon.

This time of year doing a lot of online shopping its handy to know whats come out of my account.
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 15th Dec 15, 8:02 AM
    • 2,027 Posts
    • 853 Thanks
    20aday
    Yes it's disappeared from my Lloyds Online Banking too (but not the mobile app).

There must be a glitch in the system somewhere as I was met with a "Sorry we've had to log you off..." screen when going to sign in just.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • Prudence1
    • By Prudence1 16th Dec 15, 9:22 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Prudence1
    And it is back again!
    • ZaphodsTowel
    • By ZaphodsTowel 14th Jul 17, 10:15 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ZaphodsTowel
    Shambles
    It appears to be broken again, replaced by a generic error message referring customers to call the Lloyds Internet Help Desk.

Having had numerous US and UK credit cards, this card is easily the worst in terms of online statement and tools. This functionality has been broken roughly 90% of the time in the 3-years I've been using it.

If it wasn't for the fact that we already have Lloyds current accounts, and enjoy the simplicity of seeing our credit card balance on the same summary screen, I would have already cancelled this card. Very tempted to cough up the 200 pounds and switch to the premium BA credit card in order to go for the 2-for-1 voucher.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,204Posts Today

8,730Users online

Martin's Twitter