Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    dwenham
    How soon can I re-apply for a credit card I have had previously
    • 11th Jul 07, 10:26 PM
    How soon can I re-apply for a credit card I have had previously 11th Jul 07 at 10:26 PM
    Hi Everybody,

This is my first post....so go easy on me ;o)

I was looking through my wallet and realised I had 5 credit cards in it that had no balances on and that I never use. I do however have a 6th card which is the one I use and does has a balance on.

The 0% interst period is coming to an end on this 6th card and so I used an online facility for checking the best deals on balance transfers, as I do at the end of every promotional period (serious credit card tart ). It was then that I realised the majority of the best offers were cards I already had but the promotional period had ended for me which is the reason I balance transfered the remaining balance to another 0% card and left the card active but with no balance on.

So I thought if I cancel the cards I no longer use how long should I wait until I can re-apply for a card that I have already had about a year ago and would the lender even consider me being that I had an account and closed it and now I am requesting to open another account?

If anybody has had any experiences with this I would be really interested to read about it.

Thanks Guys!!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,753Posts Today

6,988Users online

Martin's Twitter