Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pink princess
    • By pink princess 18th Jun 14, 7:34 PM
    • 11,949Posts
    • 34,807Thanks
    pink princess
    What is irritating you 2 thread!
    • 18th Jun 14, 7:34 PM
    What is irritating you 2 thread! 18th Jun 14 at 7:34 PM
    Post your daily irritations here, no matter how small or large
    Life is short, smile while you still have teeth
Page 557
    • basil92
    • By basil92 22nd Sep 16, 8:54 PM
    • 10,784 Posts
    • 27,831 Thanks
    basil92
    A severe lack of sleep...and all that it encompasses..

Noisy, inconsiderate neighbours...

Wondering where I/It all went wrong...

If you want somebody you can trust...trust yourself

Basil - Lovely, a sensitive soul with legs designed for the catwalk
    Originally posted by Chopper98
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 22nd Sep 16, 9:10 PM
    • 19,743 Posts
    • 69,355 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Londoners in the wild
    Oh worse happened in the evening but I'd rather bleach my mind of it.

I ended up apologising over and over for how some of my colleagues acted after drinking. Spent more time with the workers than my colleagues. Didn't blame them for calling us arrogant !!!!s. The same girl who refused to remove her heels threw a fit when they didn't get diet coke. Urgh

BTW I would not recommend paintball when hungover. I just climbed up a tree house and napped. I woke up enough to shoot my hated colleagues in the private parts.

Company was lucky they didn't arrange proper shooting. It'd have been Battle Royale
    Originally posted by Miski

And there was me, thanking goodness for never haing been corporate!

Sounds like I've missed out on some good memoires material!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • dontone
    • By dontone 22nd Sep 16, 9:16 PM
    • 3,185 Posts
    • 8,521 Thanks
    dontone
    Oooh! You're magnificent when you're angry!

Didn't you know? They are alien life forms that mind-meld with their human hosts who then have no control over what pics they take with them.
    They come from the planet SelfieIndulgent in the Galaxy Itsallaboutme.
    We must resist the Selfie aliens!

(I think I might have been watching too much Sci-Fi over the last 40years).
    Originally posted by Pyxis

Nowt wrong with that I completely agree, especially when we were at Buckingham Palace and an Japanese lass nearly scalped me with one 'cos she was spinning around while holding one. Dizzy, and in charge of one of those things. And it really didn't help as it was during the Changing Of The Guard as well. So it was a bit crowded and there's morons like that ar$ing around. Still, t'owd Betty made a few quid out of us, we dived into the Palace shop to get out of the way.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
    • Miski
    • By Miski 22nd Sep 16, 9:47 PM
    • 3,720 Posts
    • 7,458 Thanks
    Miski

And there was me, thanking goodness for never haing been corporate!

Sounds like I've missed out on some good memoires material!
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    Always welcome to be my plus one to my companies events.
    We're now banned from some very known hotels in UK. Apparently having colleagues have sex in the lift, snort or strip and run into the woods is unacceptable.
    We've learned not to try drag racing with golf buggies on golf courses

Not even going to start on what happened abroad. My God.
    I used to be so innocent
    Last edited by Miski; 22-09-2016 at 9:53 PM.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 22nd Sep 16, 11:25 PM
    • 24,016 Posts
    • 12,464 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Phone apps. Today I opened an app and got told it is not longer supported and that I should install the latest version from play store. I do that and it did not overwrite the old version and the old version turns out to be one of those apps that you aren't allowed to remove. I wasn't going to have both versions so I deleted the new version and will just have to tolerate the old version taking up room.
    Another issue with some apps is if you don't give them the permissions they want like access to contacts they stop working by claiming you are not connected to the net when you are. Give them the permissions they want and they suddenly stop claiming you have no internet connection.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 23rd Sep 16, 6:02 AM
    • 5,125 Posts
    • 9,774 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    people who tell people to share something on facebook. if its about them it often says if you share i know you are a true friend. this implies you arent a true friend if you dont. or if its about puppies dying they say if you dont share you dont care. why not just post what you want to post and let people decide for themselves whether they want to share it or not. telling me to share guarantees that i wont.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    A couple that do this often feature photos of dead, sometimes decaying animals. I hide these posts as they very upsetting and don't want to see them on my wall.
    Rejoined Slimming World 28/7/16
    Lost 2st 2lb first time Need to lose that again
    Lost 10lb 1st 6lb to go
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 23rd Sep 16, 6:12 AM
    • 5,125 Posts
    • 9,774 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Some had those horrible selfie sticks as well - they deserve a belt around the bonce with the stupid things, 'cos some of them have no control over them.
    Originally posted by dontone
    If I see anyone, especially our favourite tourists, the Japanese use one, I try to get into the background and pull a funny face. Do this with then taking normal photos

It's annoying now as with film cameras, they had to wait until they got home and have photos developed. Now they probably delete the photos of anyone pulling faces in the background.

I must be in millions of Japanese photos as a kid
    Rejoined Slimming World 28/7/16
    Lost 2st 2lb first time Need to lose that again
    Lost 10lb 1st 6lb to go
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 23rd Sep 16, 6:32 AM
    • 19,743 Posts
    • 69,355 Thanks
    Pyxis
    If I see anyone, especially our favourite tourists, the Japanese use one, I try to get into the background and pull a funny face. Do this with then taking normal photos

It's annoying now as with film cameras, they had to wait until they got home and have photos developed. Now they probably delete the photos of anyone pulling faces in the background.

Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    You've blown your anonymity now!

If I see someone pulling a face behind a selfie-wielding Japanese tourist, I'll know it's ScarletMarble and I WILL OUT YOU!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • colinw
    • By colinw 23rd Sep 16, 6:54 AM
    • 45,496 Posts
    • 124,276 Thanks
    colinw

Personally I have always found the Japanese tourists to be respectful and well behaved. I do find when you go abroad that you find lots of foreigners though. Imagine that.
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 23rd Sep 16, 8:24 AM
    • 20,047 Posts
    • 50,917 Thanks
    pollypenny
    I am fed up with work on the house and waiting for one thing to be done before the next can proceed.

The dust seems to be all over the house. OH keeps adding to things, too.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • Celifein
    • By Celifein 23rd Sep 16, 8:49 AM
    • 1,392 Posts
    • 4,897 Thanks
    Celifein
    This is a quote from a story about a man who caught a fish:

The investment banker from Basildon, Essex, told the Sun he has been inundated with abuse, particularly on social media.

"It started within 24 hours and I think it is going to get worse," he said.

"Part of me regrets catching it.”

Such is the vitriol among the angling community that even one of Tom's sponsors, PB fishing products has received calls.

Boss Paul Meehan confirmed: "There have been death threats and threats to Tom’s girlfriend and child. It is unreal."
    HE CAUGHT A FISH.
    "Numbers don't lie, but humans using numbers lie all the time." (Welcome to Night Vale)
    • Judi
    • By Judi 23rd Sep 16, 10:13 AM
    • 13,393 Posts
    • 52,582 Thanks
    Judi
    Youngest seems to have taken over my Spotify. Youngest has been told to get his own!
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • Celifein
    • By Celifein 23rd Sep 16, 10:39 AM
    • 1,392 Posts
    • 4,897 Thanks
    Celifein
    A few days ago, I answered someone's question on the Benefits board. I spent half an hour looking up the relevant legislation for them and explaining why it may not apply to them. They haven't responded, they haven't clicked Thanks. I thought maybe they hadn't been online since, so I looked at their profile. They have, so they're just being a selfish !!!!, probably because it wasn't the answer they wanted.
    "Numbers don't lie, but humans using numbers lie all the time." (Welcome to Night Vale)
    • hunters
    • By hunters 23rd Sep 16, 11:03 AM
    • 183 Posts
    • 775 Thanks
    hunters
    Personally I have always found the Japanese tourists to be respectful and well behaved. I do find when you go abroad that you find lots of foreigners though. Imagine that.
    Originally posted by colinw
    The worst thing about going abroad is meeting moaning UK tourists
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 23rd Sep 16, 11:10 AM
    • 3,278 Posts
    • 12,117 Thanks
    indesisiv
    The worst thing about going abroad is meeting moaning UK tourists
    Originally posted by hunters
    The worst thing about not going abroad is meeting the moaning locals
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 23rd Sep 16, 12:47 PM
    • 892 Posts
    • 2,392 Thanks
    Izadora
    Always welcome to be my plus one to my companies events.
    We're now banned from some very known hotels in UK. Apparently having colleagues have sex in the lift, snort or strip and run into the woods is unacceptable.
    We've learned not to try drag racing with golf buggies on golf courses

Not even going to start on what happened abroad. My God.
    I used to be so innocent
    Originally posted by Miski
    It sounds like it was an interesting trip
    I think I'm now quite glad that my work lot are pretty boring and we rarely have company events anymore
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 23rd Sep 16, 2:18 PM
    • 20,047 Posts
    • 50,917 Thanks
    pollypenny
    A few days ago, I answered someone's question on the Benefits board. I spent half an hour looking up the relevant legislation for them and explaining why it may not apply to them. They haven't responded, they haven't clicked Thanks. I thought maybe they hadn't been online since, so I looked at their profile. They have, so they're just being a selfish !!!!, probably because it wasn't the answer they wanted.
    Originally posted by Celifein

That's always annoyed me. If you are probably one of few people who can help and you take the trouble do, not acknowledging you is rude.

• pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 23rd Sep 16, 2:22 PM
    • 20,047 Posts
    • 50,917 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Up early for the plasterers to sand the ceiling down - bits not dry, do try tomorrow. Stayed in waiting for the fancy new vertical radiator to be delivered - they've lost the order!

Why do we bother decorating and updating! I'd like to go away and come back when it's finished.

And OH will never phone tradesmen - he says 'I'll see him down the club.' I'm trying to point out that these lads want to enjoy their rugby and don't take their works diaries, anyway!

• Judi
    • By Judi 23rd Sep 16, 2:29 PM
    • 13,393 Posts
    • 52,582 Thanks
    Judi
    Originally posted by Celifein
    So ungrateful!
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • Sam Fallow
    • By Sam Fallow 23rd Sep 16, 3:00 PM
    • 394 Posts
    • 741 Thanks
    Sam Fallow

Nowt wrong with that I completely agree, especially when we were at Buckingham Palace and an Japanese lass nearly scalped me with one 'cos she was spinning around while holding one. Dizzy, and in charge of one of those things. And it really didn't help as it was during the Changing Of The Guard as well. So it was a bit crowded and there's morons like that ar$ing around. Still, t'owd Betty made a few quid out of us, we dived into the Palace shop to get out of the way.
    Originally posted by dontone
    Anyone annoyed by selfie sticks can enjoy watching this...

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,130Posts Today

7,767Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: If a cheap clothing store admitted under 12s in foreign factories made their clothes would it stop you buying?

• RT @toes_pointy: @MoneySavingExp @MartinSLewis Feeling smug. Used MSE sky code to change bband provider, saved £150 & got £50 free credit.?

• MSE weekly email: Ending - Brit Gas £300/yr off & free £30M&S, Vax 75%off, £15off Tesco Wine, £64/yr bband, £8 duvet https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Follow Martin