Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pink princess
    • By pink princess 18th Jun 14, 7:34 PM
    • 11,949Posts
    • 34,807Thanks
    pink princess
    What is irritating you 2 thread!
    • 18th Jun 14, 7:34 PM
    What is irritating you 2 thread! 18th Jun 14 at 7:34 PM
    Post your daily irritations here, no matter how small or large
    Life is short, smile while you still have teeth
Page 556
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 21st Sep 16, 9:41 PM
    • 5,112 Posts
    • 9,764 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Been to Florence today including the Uffizi gallery. Saw a Japanese tourist pointing a laser pointer at paintings at least 400 years old. Another one touching one! Security didn't batter an eyelid. If my Italian was good, I would have informed the security

Then an American tourist yesterday thought she could pay for using a public loo - which costs 50 cents (€) with two U.S. quarters. The cost is another irritation.

Cannot go anywhere in the world with these nationalities irritating me in some way.
    Rejoined Slimming World 28/7/16
    Lost 2st 2lb first time Need to lose that again
    Lost 10lb 1st 6lb to go
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 21st Sep 16, 9:57 PM
    • 3,269 Posts
    • 12,105 Thanks
    indesisiv
    The fact I'm so indecisive about things...
    Originally posted by Oakdene
    I think you will find that, that is my job
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 22nd Sep 16, 9:15 AM
    • 19,727 Posts
    • 69,220 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I think you will find that, that is my job
    Originally posted by indesisiv
    Are you sure?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 22nd Sep 16, 10:40 AM
    • 3,269 Posts
    • 12,105 Thanks
    indesisiv
    Are you sure?
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    Not really; I thought it was yesterday, but I'm not so sure this morning.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
    • Judi
    • By Judi 22nd Sep 16, 11:03 AM
    • 13,383 Posts
    • 52,555 Thanks
    Judi
    i am desperate for some time on my own.
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 22nd Sep 16, 4:49 PM
    • 24,006 Posts
    • 12,460 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    people who tell people to share something on facebook. if its about them it often says if you share i know you are a true friend. this implies you arent a true friend if you dont. or if its about puppies dying they say if you dont share you dont care. why not just post what you want to post and let people decide for themselves whether they want to share it or not. telling me to share guarantees that i wont.
    • Nomoonatall
    • By Nomoonatall 22nd Sep 16, 5:00 PM
    • 375 Posts
    • 974 Thanks
    Nomoonatall
    Been to Florence today including the Uffizi gallery. Saw a Japanese tourist pointing a laser pointer at paintings at least 400 years old. Another one touching one! Security didn't batter an eyelid. If my Italian was good, I would have informed the security

Then an American tourist yesterday thought she could pay for using a public loo - which costs 50 cents (€) with two U.S. quarters. The cost is another irritation.

Cannot go anywhere in the world with these nationalities irritating me in some way.
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    I wonder if they think the same. Have a lovely holiday.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 22nd Sep 16, 5:23 PM
    • 19,727 Posts
    • 69,220 Thanks
    Pyxis
    people who tell people to share something on facebook. if its about them it often says if you share i know you are a true friend. this implies you arent a true friend if you dont. or if its about puppies dying they say if you dont share you dont care. why not just post what you want to post and let people decide for themselves whether they want to share it or not. telling me to share guarantees that i wont.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    Phew! So glad I don't do Facebook!

'True friend' and 'Facebook'? Are they really synonymous?
    More like a contradiction in terms. I'd have thought!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 22nd Sep 16, 6:08 PM
    • 24,006 Posts
    • 12,460 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Phew! So glad I don't do Facebook!

'True friend' and 'Facebook'? Are they really synonymous?
    More like a contradiction in terms. I'd have thought!
    I just ignore the posts. I just don't understand why they do it. Don't they realise how annoying it is. It's poor manners.
    • dontone
    • By dontone 22nd Sep 16, 6:34 PM
    • 3,185 Posts
    • 8,521 Thanks
    dontone
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    It wouldn't have happened here. Last year we were in the National Gallery in London Village and DH was pointing at a painting - it was a Vermeer - and his finger was inches away from the actual work, and a lady from security was straight there asking him to step back. She even grabbed DH's arm. He wasn't going to touch it, but he did apologise for getting a bit too close. I thought that you weren't allowed to take pictures either, but quite a few were doing so.
    Some had those horrible selfie sticks as well - they deserve a belt around the bonce with the stupid things, 'cos some of them have no control over them.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 22nd Sep 16, 6:36 PM
    • 10,126 Posts
    • 13,066 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    Windows 10 Anniversary update that installed itself on my pc this morning. Not only did it take forever for download and install, the icons and font size is massive. Apparently its a common problem.
    Originally posted by Judi
    Not a surprise to me - Microsoft seem to like messing things up:
    • Microsoft buys Nokia Mobile Phones; Nokia bought OD2 (digital media licensing company).
    • Microsoft changes Windows Media Player 12 so that you can't load in any previously backed up media rights data.
    • OD2-licensed media won't play - the site doesn't exist, Microsoft don't provide a site redirect and you can't load a backup of licence data.
    OD2 were used by HMV and MSN Music's online shops (to name just 2).

In short, Microsoft suck
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    Married to an immigrant.
    If Putin invades, I'm not worried: you, however, should be.
    • Nomoonatall
    • By Nomoonatall 22nd Sep 16, 6:45 PM
    • 375 Posts
    • 974 Thanks
    Nomoonatall
    It wouldn't have happened here. Last year we were in the National Gallery in London Village and DH was pointing at a painting - it was a Vermeer - and his finger was inches away from the actual work, and a lady from security was straight there asking him to step back. She even grabbed DH's arm. He wasn't going to touch it, but he did apologise for getting a bit too close. I thought that you weren't allowed to take pictures either, but quite a few were doing so.
    Some had those horrible selfie sticks as well - they deserve a belt around the bonce with the stupid things, 'cos some of them have no control over them.
    Originally posted by dontone
    A few years ago, I had free tickets to Warwick Castle, so I went. Even though I was local at the time.

An American family decided to take over. The loud mouthed man of the family kept pronouncing Warwick (pronounced Worrick) as War...... Wick. I suffered it for about 20 minutes.....I did well. I then told him I would punch him if he said another word.

They all hated me, but thankfully shut the hell up!
    • Piscean1991
    • By Piscean1991 22nd Sep 16, 6:52 PM
    • 235 Posts
    • 361 Thanks
    Piscean1991
    I am drowning in work. So stressed that it's actually becoming debilitating.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 22nd Sep 16, 7:47 PM
    • 31,292 Posts
    • 25,838 Thanks
    custardy
    I am drowning in work. So stressed that it's actually becoming debilitating.
    Originally posted by Piscean1991
    Prioritise and use the delete key on your emails.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 22nd Sep 16, 8:18 PM
    • 19,727 Posts
    • 69,220 Thanks
    Pyxis
    A few years ago, I had free tickets to Warwick Castle, so I went. Even though I was local at the time.

An American family decided to take over. The loud mouthed man of the family kept pronouncing Warwick (pronounced Worrick) as War...... Wick. I suffered it for about 20 minutes.....I did well. I then told him I would punch him if he said another word.

They all hated me, but thankfully shut the hell up!
    Originally posted by Nomoonatall
    Oooh! You're magnificent when you're angry!

Originally posted by dontone
    Didn't you know? They are alien life forms that mind-meld with their human hosts who then have no control over what pics they take with them.
    They come from the planet SelfieIndulgent in the Galaxy Itsallaboutme.
    We must resist the Selfie aliens!

(I think I might have been watching too much Sci-Fi over the last 40years).
    Last edited by Pyxis; 22-09-2016 at 8:22 PM.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • Sam Fallow
    • By Sam Fallow 22nd Sep 16, 8:26 PM
    • 390 Posts
    • 734 Thanks
    Sam Fallow
    Did grilled pork chops with a balsamic glaze for dinner and after a while I noticed they weren't browning. It was at this point I decided to turn the switch from 'oven' to 'grill.'

Turned out really nice and apart from that, a good day.
    • Miski
    • By Miski 22nd Sep 16, 8:35 PM
    • 3,720 Posts
    • 7,458 Thanks
    Miski
    Totally agree with the horse riding! I hate horses.

Glad you enjoyed the trip though
    Originally posted by indesisiv
    It hurts. I'm impressed people don't go infertile from it. I was aching so much you'd think I was in a fight

Some hilarious things happened. My colleague was adamant that his horse hated him (I think it was reacting to his tense self) and wanted to swap

I got lost despite strict instructions to walk a certain distance but I couldn't figure out which way North was.
    My other colleague got told off by the guide for trying to wear heels to a hike and complaining too much.

I think I'd go Lake District over Budapest now.
    Last edited by Miski; 22-09-2016 at 8:37 PM.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 22nd Sep 16, 8:44 PM
    • 19,727 Posts
    • 69,220 Thanks
    Pyxis
    It hurts. I'm impressed people don't go infertile from it. I was aching so much you'd think I was in a fight

Some hilarious things happened. My colleague was adamant that his horse hated him (I think it was reacting to his tense self) and wanted to swap

I got lost despite strict instructions to walk a certain distance but I couldn't figure out which way North was.
    My other colleague got told off by the guide for trying to wear heels to a hike and complaining too much.

I think I'd go Lake District over Budapest now.
    Originally posted by Miski
    Sounds a bit like a Blair Witch day!,
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 22nd Sep 16, 8:46 PM
    • 5,835 Posts
    • 18,549 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Social Anxiety. It's just really annoying and I wish it would go away. I feel like my brain is wired up wrong sometimes.
    • Miski
    • By Miski 22nd Sep 16, 8:52 PM
    • 3,720 Posts
    • 7,458 Thanks
    Miski
    Sounds a bit like a Blair Witch day!,
    Londoners in the wild
    Oh worse happened in the evening but I'd rather bleach my mind of it.

I ended up apologising over and over for how some of my colleagues acted after drinking. Spent more time with the workers than my colleagues. Didn't blame them for calling us arrogant !!!!s. The same girl who refused to remove her heels threw a fit when they didn't get diet coke. Urgh

BTW I would not recommend paintball when hungover. I just climbed up a tree house and napped. I woke up enough to shoot my hated colleagues in the private parts.

Company was lucky they didn't arrange proper shooting. It'd have been Battle Royale
    Last edited by Miski; 22-09-2016 at 9:04 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

183Posts Today

1,094Users online

Martin's Twitter