Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bsms1147
    • By bsms1147 10th Jun 14, 4:51 PM
    • 1,936Posts
    • 3,457Thanks
    bsms1147
    UnbeatableHire.com
    • 10th Jun 14, 4:51 PM
    UnbeatableHire.com 10th Jun 14 at 4:51 PM
    You invest £35,000. They supposedly rent out motorhomes. They pay you £300 a month straight to your bank account. After 3 years you get your £35,000 back.

~10% PA return.

Almost certainly a scam (related to Motorholmes?), but has anyone got further information to back that up.
Page 3
    • Mistermeaner
    • By Mistermeaner 17th May 15, 6:18 PM
    • 2,361 Posts
    • 2,999 Thanks
    Mistermeaner
    That was the conclusion I came to but as I do not post often enough to be allowed to develop a view and I do not wish to be bullied by those who really do not want a discussion and do not want anyone else to discuss issues but simply want to shout words like Ponzi as though that should silence everyone, I have rather lost interest in the matter.

Personally, I like logic and facts but that takes more time than brow beating.
    Originally posted by Susan Crane
    Hi Susan; surprised you feel that way, admittedly I've only scan read the 2 threads but not p picked up on any bullying. Everyone had a conflicting opinion to cornucopia I think but didn't pick up anyone going at you.

Might have missed it but would encourage you to stick around. I have learned a lot in this forum from regular posters and good ping pong debate is what helps drive that learning.

Ignore the tone as written words quick look y typed over th e internet often have an unintended edge but between the precise words is good narrative.
    • naedanger
    • By naedanger 17th May 15, 6:39 PM
    • 2,153 Posts
    • 1,740 Thanks
    naedanger
    Hi Susan; surprised you feel that way, admittedly I've only scan read the 2 threads but not p picked up on any bullying. Everyone had a conflicting opinion to cornucopia I think but didn't pick up anyone going at you.

Might have missed it but would encourage you to stick around. I have learned a lot in this forum from regular posters and good ping pong debate is what helps drive that learning.

Ignore the tone as written words quick look y typed over th e internet often have an unintended edge but between the precise words is good narrative.
    Originally posted by ggb1979
    I agree with your post apart from your very first comment. The following is an example of where the tone seemed uncalled for:

"I really find it hard to believe anyone can't do the basic math on this and ask the Q's you have, so am calling you a party to this whole shebang."

This was in response to someone who was questioning the proposition and highlighting that some numbers did not seem to add up. Yet the post with that comment received 3 thanks. Of course those thanks may have been in response to other parts of the post. And it is good that the sentiment of this thread is to strongly warn people of the risks of the investment.

But I can see why the tone of some responses could alienate some of those genuinely seeking advice.
    • Susan Crane
    • By Susan Crane 17th May 15, 6:42 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Susan Crane
    It seems to me to be obvious that an apparent 10% return in this day and age is likely to be because of a higher risk. It also seems obvious that anything where the capital is secured on an asset that is apparently bought for around £36,000 and sold three years later for £17,000 can hardly be described as security. But, I don't think the way to deal with individuals who defend the scheme is to accuse them of working on behalf of the company, I think the way to expose it is to discuss what they say.

I do not think that a response that criticises me because I have not posted more often is a good way of exposing the shortcomings of the scheme.
    • masonic
    • By masonic 17th May 15, 7:24 PM
    • 9,126 Posts
    • 6,271 Thanks
    masonic
    Originally posted by ggb1979
    Cornucopia was posting to one of the other threads.

It seems to me to be obvious that an apparent 10% return in this day and age is likely to be because of a higher risk. It also seems obvious that anything where the capital is secured on an asset that is apparently bought for around £36,000 and sold three years later for £17,000 can hardly be described as security. But, I don't think the way to deal with individuals who defend the scheme is to accuse them of working on behalf of the company, I think the way to expose it is to discuss what they say.

I do not think that a response that criticises me because I have not posted more often is a good way of exposing the shortcomings of the scheme.
    Originally posted by Susan Crane
    What you seem to be missing is that there are plenty of instances where someone signs up to the forum or re-activates a dormant account with the express purpose of promoting or defending a scam investment here. There was another thread recently (not about the same company) where several people whose investments had apparently disappeared and they were trying to coordinate in order to take some action. First a few new posters appeared to deny anything was wrong and I think those posts got deleted by the forum team after a while as they were very dodgy-looking. Some time later, they tried it again, this time a poster posed as a fellow investor and tried to convince those taking action that they should wait because they'd met with the directors and ascertained peoples money will be paid back soon, and even suggested they should invest more to speed things up! When some posters objected, this individual flooded the thread with nonsense promotional messages about the company and how great it was in order to disrupt any useful discussion and that went on for weeks.

So I'm sorry that you have been accused of being one of those posters, which on this occasion has turned out not to be the case. But people have been conditioned to be suspicious of those who appear to start their posting careers in threads discussing potentially dodgy investments for very good reason. I think it is right for those with genuine suspicions to say so.
    Last edited by masonic; 17-05-2015 at 7:28 PM.
    • stevvieboi
    • By stevvieboi 20th Jul 15, 6:33 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    stevvieboi
    this company has changed its name 3 times in the last 7 years that i know, and how do i know, they used to use my motorhome for some of their hirers, but was always a problem getting payment from them, at one point i was almost taking court action, i now have asked they do not contact me again for any hirers, as for the company name, after all the hidden charges have being applied, its no longer unbeatable hire,
    • Johnweedon
    • By Johnweedon 4th Sep 16, 2:26 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Johnweedon
    Not Spam
    Can highly recommend. I invested in this and a property, which now I had invested in several motor homes. Money in the bank on the 1st of each month and no hassle .
    • le loup
    • By le loup 4th Sep 16, 2:28 PM
    • 3,519 Posts
    • 3,304 Thanks
    le loup
    Thank you for your contribution and good to know it's not spam.
    I'll be investing tomorrow as soon as the banks open.
    • uk69gb
    • By uk69gb 17th May 17, 11:12 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    uk69gb
    4 years of excellent investment
    Hi
    Just found this thread.
    I can confirm that I invested £35,000 with Unbeatablehire 4 years ago and I have been receiving £300 every month since.
    I had the option to end the chattel mortgage a year ago but I decided to continue with the 10+% p.a. interest rate !
    I believe the current deal requires a slightly higher investment for a slightly lower rate?
    They have now arranged over 500 of these deals, though some have been cashed in after 3yr. (I have registered with Companies House to receive alerts every time there is a new charge or a settled charge ie. chattel mortgage registrations

btw: I believe the "old" motorhomes sold for c.£17k are much more than 3yr old ....
    Last edited by uk69gb; 18-05-2017 at 2:25 AM.
    • uk69gb
    • By uk69gb 18th May 17, 2:23 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    uk69gb
    7.something annual return is still phenomenal
    PS: just investigated ... now investment is £36k for £225/mth interest .....not so good a deal but times have changed! ... and it is still far, far better than any other investment potential with similar risk ?
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 18th May 17, 10:01 AM
    • 2,229 Posts
    • 3,094 Thanks
    Malthusian
    I can confirm that I invested £35,000 with Unbeatablehire 4 years ago and I have been receiving £300 every month since.
    Originally posted by uk69gb
    What is the current surrender value of your investment, and how quickly could you realise it?

No book cost or mark to model nonsense please, I want to know what Unbeatablehire or a third party would pay you for your investment if you wanted to sell it today.
    • badger09
    • By badger09 18th May 17, 11:07 AM
    • 4,986 Posts
    • 4,180 Thanks
    badger09

What you seem to be missing is that there are plenty of instances where someone signs up to the forum or re-activates a dormant account with the express purpose of promoting or defending a scam investment here.

But people have been conditioned to be suspicious of those who appear to start their posting careers in threads discussing potentially dodgy investments for very good reason. I think it is right for those with genuine suspicions to say so.
    Originally posted by masonic

Hi
    Just found this thread.
    PS: just investigated ... now investment is £36k for £225/mth interest .....not so good a deal but times have changed! ... and it is still far, far better than any other investment potential with similar risk ?
    Case. Rest.
    • jimjames
    • By jimjames 18th May 17, 1:59 PM
    • 11,845 Posts
    • 10,222 Thanks
    jimjames
    Unbeatable hire scam investment review?
    Hi
    Just found this thread.....
    Any particular reason you were searching Google for information about Unbeatable Hire scam investments? Seems a bit strange when you're happy with what you've supposedly done
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
    • Dird
    • By Dird 18th May 17, 3:00 PM
    • 2,588 Posts
    • 1,535 Thanks
    Dird
    10% PA is too low
    Mortgage (Nov 15): £79,950 | Cashback sites: £835 | Current accounts: 15
    Mortgage (May 17): £75,264 | £30k in 2016: £30,300 (101%) | £25k in 2017: £9,931 (39.7%)
    • jimjames
    • By jimjames 18th May 17, 5:16 PM
    • 11,845 Posts
    • 10,222 Thanks
    jimjames
    Interestingly if I try to access the website from work, Mcafee seem to have categorised it as below and prevent access....

Your requested URL has been blocked. The URL is listed in categories that are not allowed by your organisation at this time.

URL: http://www. unbeatablehire .com
    URL Categories: Spam URLs, Marketing/Merchandising
    Media Type:
    Last edited by jimjames; 18-05-2017 at 8:08 PM.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
    • EdGasketTheSecond
    • By EdGasketTheSecond 18th May 17, 6:29 PM
    • 135 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    EdGasketTheSecond
    I accessed it with no issues.

http://www.unbeatablehire.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=hire%20 a%20motorhome&utm_content=!acq!v3!31477257810_kwd-136955124__176086269783_g_c__&utm_campaign=UK+Broa d+Search

Will definitely sign up for a £35,000 investment tomorrow; what have I got to lose?

.....well only £35,000
    • uk69gb
    • By uk69gb 18th May 17, 11:05 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    uk69gb
    What is the current surrender value of your investment, and how quickly could you realise it?

No book cost or mark to model nonsense please, I want to know what Unbeatablehire or a third party would pay you for your investment if you wanted to sell it today.
    Originally posted by Malthusian
    It is not transferable, so a 3rd party could not pay me for it.
    The chattel mortgage does not change its value, so the surrender value is the same £35,000 that was initially paid.

After the 3yr duration, it is refundable at any time subject to one month notice.
    • uk69gb
    • By uk69gb 18th May 17, 11:09 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    uk69gb
    Any particular reason you were searching Google for information about Unbeatable Hire scam investments? Seems a bit strange when you're happy with what you've supposedly done
    Originally posted by jimjames
    I think you have addressed this to the wrong person? ... I have not searched about any scams.
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 19th May 17, 12:57 PM
    • 9,172 Posts
    • 5,860 Thanks
    bigadaj
    It is not transferable, so a 3rd party could not pay me for it.
    The chattel mortgage does not change its value, so the surrender value is the same £35,000 that was initially paid.

After the 3yr duration, it is refundable at any time subject to one month notice.
    Have you tried to surrender or had any firm evidence of anyone else doing so?
    • uk69gb
    • By uk69gb 19th May 17, 1:55 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    uk69gb
    Have you tried to surrender or had any firm evidence of anyone else doing so?
    Originally posted by bigadaj
    As I mentioned previously, I registered with Companies House to receive alerts of any activity for this company (as indeed, you or anyone else can do). I have received email alerts for hundreds of chattel mortgages (with ref numbers) listed as "charges" on the company filing details, both registrations (type MR01) & satisfactions (MR04). If you are so interested, why don't you bother to look online to see evidence in black & white?
    FYI it is company number 04306649 Unbeatablehire Limited
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 19th May 17, 10:11 PM
    • 9,172 Posts
    • 5,860 Thanks
    bigadaj
    As I mentioned previously, I registered with Companies House to receive alerts of any activity for this company (as indeed, you or anyone else can do). I have received email alerts for hundreds of chattel mortgages (with ref numbers) listed as "charges" on the company filing details, both registrations (type MR01) & satisfactions (MR04). If you are so interested, why don't you bother to look online to see evidence in black & white?
    FYI it is company number 04306649 Unbeatablehire Limited
    Fair enough, it's a high risk investment with some indications that it could be into scam territory.

It has the potential to be a Ponzi scheme with interest paid out of investors capital, that's why it important to show evidence of capital repayment as well as higher interest being paid on time.

It's not for me, I'd not be confident of the security and the returns aren't fantastic. I'm currently getting an average of 11.5% with p2p and I believe better security, so an apparent high loan to value on devaluing security isn't attractive.

Others may see things differently.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,265Posts Today

8,313Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: It's been everywhere, so why not here. Which Hogwart's house should you've been in (Ive put key traits to help)...

• Quick favour if uv graduated within around the last year. I could do with pic of a student loan statement (no personal info) inc interest

• RT @ValeOfLevenCU: Why not sign up to @MartinSLewis https://t.co/kxMBedCNNw weekly email for free, impartial tips? #ThriftyThursday http?

• Follow Martin