Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • katep23
    • By katep23 29th May 14, 7:45 PM
    • 1,187Posts
    • 8,938Thanks
    katep23
    Forever Home Fund
    • 29th May 14, 7:45 PM
    Forever Home Fund 29th May 14 at 7:45 PM
    I have been lurking here for a few weeks and decided it was time to stick my head above the parapet

I'm a bit of a fraud TBH, I don't even have a mortgage, but OH and I are saving to buy a house so it's kinda the same thing - will you let me join in?

OH and I are both mid (ahem, okay getting less mid by the day) 30s and currently rent a lovely house on a farm with no passing traffic and about a quarter of an acre garden. And there lies the problem... we can't find anything similar in the Thames Valley for a price we can even look at without smelling salts

So. we're saving and looking but as we don't have a target in mind we can lose out way a bit... that's where the diary comes in. I shall use this as a way of staying on track and keeping a record of where I am, it's good to be accountable.

I'd love to buy a place but it has to be the right place so we might be in for a long wait.

Why the forever home now? It's us, 3 cats, 18 ducks, 4 cars, 5 motorbikes, a tankful of tropical fish, a garden full of plants, a 3-bed semi filled to bursting, a garage, two outhouses, a greenhouse and a shed to find a new home for
Page 25
    • katep23
    • By katep23 8th Oct 17, 10:11 AM
    • 1,187 Posts
    • 8,938 Thanks
    katep23
    After you download the app, you register your details and there's a field for adding a referral code.

Down to £259 to debt free!

• Moneyfordreams
    • By Moneyfordreams 8th Oct 17, 11:55 AM
    • 898 Posts
    • 4,346 Thanks
    Moneyfordreams
    will have a look, thank you
    Mortgage Feb '13 £200000, end 2038. Aiming for before March 2025 (crunched to 2034)
    January 16 £182800 : minimum £360 OP but needs to be £600 to achieve 2025
    Current mortgage £159800
    h@lifax CC £4500 0% until May 2018.. will pay minimum for now, slow stooze
    xmas, chairs, hoover, computer and holiday [STRIKE}clothes[STRIKE] DD1 cc
    • Moneyfordreams
    • By Moneyfordreams 8th Oct 17, 12:02 PM
    • 898 Posts
    • 4,346 Thanks
    Moneyfordreams
    at the top left menu there is a drop down list, which says promo code. The code only went in in capitals . I did try lower case a few times (on my phone) but if gave me the choccy... Hope you get the referral cash Kate
    Mortgage Feb '13 £200000, end 2038. Aiming for before March 2025 (crunched to 2034)
    January 16 £182800 : minimum £360 OP but needs to be £600 to achieve 2025
    Current mortgage £159800
    h@lifax CC £4500 0% until May 2018.. will pay minimum for now, slow stooze
    xmas, chairs, hoover, computer and holiday [STRIKE}clothes[STRIKE] DD1 cc
    • katep23
    • By katep23 8th Oct 17, 12:09 PM
    • 1,187 Posts
    • 8,938 Thanks
    katep23
    Thank you, got a referral pending x

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,245Posts Today

7,169Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin