Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    N1redrum
    0 WOW
    AMOMA.COM - anyone used before?
    • 27th May 14, 2:55 PM
    0 WOW
    AMOMA.COM - anyone used before? 27th May 14 at 2:55 PM
    Last week I made a booking through an online hotel booking site called AMOMA.COM, which i found through trivago.

It was for 1 night, 2 rooms in a uk based hotel in june, for me and 5 friends. My booking details and vouchers were sent out immediately and my bank account debited.

Today I rang the hotel just to confirm the booking and they were happy to confirm I was booked in ........for the 23rd of August!!!
    and that the day I have booked for through AMOMA is fully booked up.

I rang AMOMA and they said that their supplier pre buys rooms and may not yet have registered my name with the hotel just yet. I can sort of buy this, but then why had i been booked for the 23rd of August if that was the case ? Now it will take them 3 days minimum to confirm with their supplier and get back to me

Am I being fobbed off here? Has anyone dealt with this company before?

Thanks
Page 3
    • RAFMAC
    • By RAFMAC 31st Jul 17, 11:30 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    RAFMAC
    Another ota
    Have read through all the threads some interesting points
    there is the mention of Trivago, bookingcom all these web sites are like kayak, laterooms, expedia etc and now trip advisor has joined.

They are all Online Travel Agents and they take a commission starting at 15% and can go up to 50%. In most cases this is added to the price of the accommodation.

As this is a moneysaving web site to help people save money going direct to the accommodation provider will be the best way to save money and get the best deal.

Many hotel web sites are now advertising guaranteed best price booked direct. The accommodation provider is forced to give a minimum of 15% in commission they have little choice but to put the price up to compensate

If you see a hotel/accommodation that you are interested in google the name and see what it is direct check all the T&C's for cancelations book direct if best price and T&C's suit you

In this day and age nearly everyone has there own web site. Don't worry about phoning let them know you seen a room on an OTA for £??? what is the direct price as no commission
    • TomJames10111
    • By TomJames10111 10th Oct 17, 12:28 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    TomJames10111
    Would NEVER use again
    Booked a hotel via this website. We chose the hotel because it was just around the corner from a conference I was attending, we had staid there before, and it had a spa for relaxing in after the conference. We turned up and they told us that the hotel was full and they would have to send us to an alternative hotel. Whilst we were waiting for a taxi to take us to the other hotel there were three other groups who turned up and were given rooms, despite arriving after us. When we queried this we were told that rooms are 'pre-allocated' rather than on a first come, first served basis. They refused to tell us how they decided to issue the 'pre-allocated' rooms too, however I can only conclude that it was because we booked via Amoma that we were deemed less priority than the people who had booked with the hotel direct hence why we were being shipped out when other people were arriving after us and being given a room. We were eventually sent to another hotel that was no where near the conference centre and with no spa facilities. We were booked to stay for four nights, but checked out after two nights because of this however Amoma refused to refund our last two nights. No other forms of compensation were offered. I am utterly appalled at the service from Amoma and would NEVER consider using them again.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

129Posts Today

1,488Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @furyboy86: @MartinSLewis I read your email, and decided to check my account interest rates. My main account = 0.0%(!) and my cash ISA =?

• Yes. Theyre being paid. They're responsible. Especially for a scam that's been reported over 20 times andseen vulne? https://t.co/Q0pHZ7iH3W

• Quite right.Broken system as the six week delay forces the most vulnerable into debt at a crisis moment https://t.co/951fogq5ej

• Follow Martin