Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    N1redrum
    0 WOW
    AMOMA.COM - anyone used before?
    • 27th May 14, 2:55 PM
    0 WOW
    AMOMA.COM - anyone used before? 27th May 14 at 2:55 PM
    Last week I made a booking through an online hotel booking site called AMOMA.COM, which i found through trivago.

It was for 1 night, 2 rooms in a uk based hotel in june, for me and 5 friends. My booking details and vouchers were sent out immediately and my bank account debited.

Today I rang the hotel just to confirm the booking and they were happy to confirm I was booked in ........for the 23rd of August!!!
    and that the day I have booked for through AMOMA is fully booked up.

I rang AMOMA and they said that their supplier pre buys rooms and may not yet have registered my name with the hotel just yet. I can sort of buy this, but then why had i been booked for the 23rd of August if that was the case ? Now it will take them 3 days minimum to confirm with their supplier and get back to me

Am I being fobbed off here? Has anyone dealt with this company before?

Thanks
Page 3
    • RAFMAC
    • By RAFMAC 31st Jul 17, 11:30 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    RAFMAC
    Another ota
    Have read through all the threads some interesting points
    there is the mention of Trivago, bookingcom all these web sites are like kayak, laterooms, expedia etc and now trip advisor has joined.

They are all Online Travel Agents and they take a commission starting at 15% and can go up to 50%. In most cases this is added to the price of the accommodation.

As this is a moneysaving web site to help people save money going direct to the accommodation provider will be the best way to save money and get the best deal.

Many hotel web sites are now advertising guaranteed best price booked direct. The accommodation provider is forced to give a minimum of 15% in commission they have little choice but to put the price up to compensate

If you see a hotel/accommodation that you are interested in google the name and see what it is direct check all the T&C's for cancelations book direct if best price and T&C's suit you

In this day and age nearly everyone has there own web site. Don't worry about phoning let them know you seen a room on an OTA for £??? what is the direct price as no commission
    • TomJames10111
    • By TomJames10111 10th Oct 17, 12:28 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    TomJames10111
    Would NEVER use again
    Booked a hotel via this website. We chose the hotel because it was just around the corner from a conference I was attending, we had staid there before, and it had a spa for relaxing in after the conference. We turned up and they told us that the hotel was full and they would have to send us to an alternative hotel. Whilst we were waiting for a taxi to take us to the other hotel there were three other groups who turned up and were given rooms, despite arriving after us. When we queried this we were told that rooms are 'pre-allocated' rather than on a first come, first served basis. They refused to tell us how they decided to issue the 'pre-allocated' rooms too, however I can only conclude that it was because we booked via Amoma that we were deemed less priority than the people who had booked with the hotel direct hence why we were being shipped out when other people were arriving after us and being given a room. We were eventually sent to another hotel that was no where near the conference centre and with no spa facilities. We were booked to stay for four nights, but checked out after two nights because of this however Amoma refused to refund our last two nights. No other forms of compensation were offered. I am utterly appalled at the service from Amoma and would NEVER consider using them again.
    • Carocaro
    • By Carocaro 8th Nov 17, 6:08 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Carocaro
    Advice
    In reply to Stay Away, I have recently booked through Amoma and was sent an email prior to booking saying that no cancellation or amendment fees would be charged, however, when I booked on these terms the confirmation booking mentioned the £40 charge. My question is which one applies? I have asked for written confirmation of telephone conversation regarding room exterior view not inward atrium and await their reply. location is a priority for my booking and I am concerned with regards to reviews I have been reading. This is the hotel I want to stay in and I do not want to be charged extra on top of what was verbally agreed via telephone prior to booking. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Carocaro; 08-11-2017 at 6:18 AM. Reason: Needing further advice
    • asgarnett
    • By asgarnett 15th Nov 17, 10:33 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    asgarnett
    Amoma Scam
    Well this one is nothing compared to the utter contempt and disregard i have received from Amoma. No ownership and no resolution after 3 weeks, and no hotel room for the night we booked, and no alternatives.. how's that for great service? NOT

I booked a hotel in sheffield 3 months in advance with them, and turned up on the saturday night 1.5 hours away from where we live, for a special celebration and party. We arrived at 6pm - Jury's Inn said they had no booking for us, and then said "it isn't with a company called Amoma is it?" Alarm bells went off... They said they had had several big issues re customers not having a room booked, but the company taking their money.

Despite the hotel trying to help, and me calling their 'help team' (joke) they did nothing.. they just kept saying it wasn't their fault, they get partners to book the room, and so it was their responsibility (not amoma who took the payment and fronted it). They didn't find us alternative accommodation, and they didn't get their partner to find us alternative accommodation. They offered us no money there and then to pay for more expensive accommodation - and failed to return my calls or answer the phone (its not a big team, and they obviously could see it was my number). When they did they just kept stalling.. saying they were trying, but they didn't..

We ended up having to not drink, or enjoy the party or stay over, and having to drive home 1.5 hours....

3 weeks later - they won't take ownership - they still say its not up to them to resolve, or fix, or pay; and i have had no money back from them - not even the money i paid.

They say you should measure a company's brand by its ability to respond positively and well under pressure.. what would be your rating ??

Imagine if you had flown abroad - and this happened to you - what would you do?

Amoma - irresponsible - Amoma - very very dodgy - Amoma - Jury's Inn had nothing good to say about them, and said they had tried to stop the search engines like triavago using them

You should't use them - because they appear cheaper

Avoid like the plague: mad:
    • asgarnett
    • By asgarnett 15th Nov 17, 10:36 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    asgarnett
    i would be worried you will be fobbed off, i have just posted my story where they never sorted it, and haven't been refunded yet 3 weeks later. Maybe as it is before you go it will be done...

Fingers crossed for you - but they are a shady company - who do little to resolve issues
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 15th Nov 17, 1:44 PM
    • 10,803 Posts
    • 7,100 Thanks
    bigadaj
    another alter ego?
    • fotoman
    • By fotoman 21st Nov 17, 9:11 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    fotoman
    Amoma.com - Extortion
    All seemed OK until I had to change the dates of my hotel booking. They then charge £40 to make any changes. That equated to a 33% charge of what I paid.
    As you probably know, all good agents/hotels permit you to change or cancel a booking without charge, up until 24 hours before check-in; not Amoma! A 33% booking charge is obscene!
    DO NOT USE THEM!

Fotoman
    Crime Pays!
    Unless you're a motorist!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,929Posts Today

7,161Users online

Martin's Twitter