Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    extrapole
    Swoggi penny auction site or scam?
    • 24th May 14, 11:56 AM
    Swoggi penny auction site or scam? 24th May 14 at 11:56 AM
    I feel foolish to have fallen for this but cannot un-do what I have done .
    Attracted by what appeared to be a good way to get high tech goods for a bargain basement price,I became a Swoggi Member and had to buy credits in order to bid for the items I wanted .Foolishly,I bought £250 credit because I thought I might have to go that high to get my hands on the iPad I wanted .
    I started bidding and soon grew tired of having to bid constantly ,only to be outbidded at the last second .So,I decided to call it a day and cancelled my account .
    And this is when the problem started ! I asked for a refund of the money left on my now closed account and was told by their "customer service" ,the matter was now in the hands of their refund department and that I would get my money -minus- £15 for admin - within three weeks .That was on the 2nd of May and now more than three weeks later ,I still do not have the funds refunded and worse ,they do not answer my emails .
    I wonder if I am ever going to have my money back ?
    Is Swoggi a scam or a genuine online auction site ?
Page 12
    • marcusjr
    • By marcusjr 3rd Dec 17, 1:14 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    marcusjr
    Swoggi scam
    It is misrepresentation according to many reviewers. This should be REPORTED to TRADING STANDARDS UK. Go to there website and report them and they will investigate and shut them down for fraudulent misrepresentation if necessary. If criminal activity they will have their ill-gotten gains taken away by HM Government.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 3rd Dec 17, 8:35 AM
    • 59,567 Posts
    • 42,256 Thanks
    soolin
    It is misrepresentation according to many reviewers. This should be REPORTED to TRADING STANDARDS UK. Go to there website and report them and they will investigate and shut them down for fraudulent misrepresentation if necessary. If criminal activity they will have their ill-gotten gains taken away by HM Government.
    Originally posted by marcusjr
    This thread has been running since 2014 and swoggi have been reported to a number of official places on many occasions with no significant action taken against them. The easiest way to stop them is for people to use a bit of common sense when signing up to these sort of sites, if no one signs up then they will be forced out of business.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

64Posts Today

3,459Users online

Martin's Twitter