Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 44
    • Mrs mum
    • By Mrs mum 17th Jun 15, 9:09 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    Mrs mum
    Ha ha, love it flymetothemoon 😜. Daughter had her interview this afternoon, all good, teacher was very nice.
    • m-u-m
    • By m-u-m 22nd Jun 15, 9:34 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    m-u-m
    So had my sons induction tonight at Lg seemed to go ok. Just hope I hear about the appeal soon.
    • m-u-m
    • By m-u-m 22nd Jun 15, 9:38 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    m-u-m
    Hi mack 13 did you go tonight what was your sons form tutor called.
    • flymetothemoon
    • By flymetothemoon 22nd Jun 15, 11:51 PM
    • 280 Posts
    • 174 Thanks
    flymetothemoon
    m-u-m
    So had my sons induction tonight at Lg seemed to go ok. Just hope I hear about the appeal soon.

Hi m-u-m
    Good luck for the appeal - hopefully you will know the outcome in July.
    • Mrs mum
    • By Mrs mum 25th Jun 15, 9:42 AM
    • 147 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    Mrs mum
    Daughter had welcome event in BRA yesterday afternoon. It went really well, she came out buzzing. I was more worried than she was going in as she didn't know anyone but I was relieved when I saw her coming back with a smile from ear to ear. She made a little friend and they have arranged to meet up on their first day of school. Can't believe tomorrow is her last day at primary school.
    • m-u-m
    • By m-u-m 16th Jul 15, 4:07 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    m-u-m
    Hearing for AG is 29th so will know more but to be honrst I can't see him getting into AG to be honest
    • flymetothemoon
    • By flymetothemoon 8th Aug 15, 7:06 AM
    • 280 Posts
    • 174 Thanks
    flymetothemoon
    Ag
    Hi m_u_m

I am hoping that no news from you is good news ?
    • m-u-m
    • By m-u-m 9th Aug 15, 11:40 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    m-u-m
    Hi fly no it was dismissed so its LG but that there was an inconstancy with the way the AG done there admissions as to let the other child in but the head of Ag said that my son was on there waiting list i dont think i would give AG the satisfaction if they did say oh theres a place
    Last edited by m-u-m; 09-08-2015 at 11:43 PM. Reason: .
  • Veggie Northern Ireland
    Sorry to hear that m-u-m I'm sure you were fuming, if the other child had been a mark or two lower it would be bad enough but 8 marks is ridiculous! If the school are carrying on like that then maybe LG are a better option.
    Animals are my friends...and I don't eat my friends
  • Veggie Northern Ireland
    Can you all believe it's less than two weeks until they're starting school!
    Is everyone sorted and ready?
    Animals are my friends...and I don't eat my friends
    • Mrs mum
    • By Mrs mum 16th Aug 15, 1:58 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    Mrs mum
    Sorry to hear your news m-u-m but their loss, I'm sure your child will do great in LG.

I know veggie Northern Ireland the summer has just flown by. Daughter is really excited to start BRA. Is your sister excited?
    • northdown23
    • By northdown23 15th Sep 15, 5:40 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    northdown23
    mid to late 60's for us I am afraid ! Panic !
    • Maria75
    • By Maria75 6th Feb 16, 9:40 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Maria75
    AQE raw scores
    Hi everyone I have been reading this thread with interest. I would like to try and clarify the situation with the AQE raw scores and then their conversion to the child's overall AQE mark rewarded. I will assume that everyone knows what a standardised score means - if not then google it, as there are many good explanations on line. Essentially the average of every paper will be different depending upon how difficult it is and the range of scores achieved by those sitting it. A child may get a raw score in a paper of 56 and this could translate into a very high standardised score such as 120, if those sitting the paper found it difficult and the average was low but this pupil did very well and scored well above average for their age group. By obtaining the 3 raw average scores from AQE but not the corresponding standardised score for each of the 3 papers you cannot work out which two papers were the child's best. e.g. A child may have done really well in a paper but the average was low - then this would be their highest standardised score or they may have had a really high raw score for a particular paper but actually scored below the average in that paper (because everyone else did well) then this paper may result in a lower standardised score. Sorry if this is not clear but really what I am trying to get across is that by looking at a child's raw scores only, you will have no idea what their standardised score for each paper was and therefore you will not know which 2 papers were used to calculate their final score. It is not necessarily the two highest raw scoring papers. Not sure if AQE will give the child's standardised score for each individual paper along with their raw score, if they did, then that would give a better picture.
    • blancanieves0
    • By blancanieves0 16th Mar 17, 5:32 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    blancanieves0
    AQE raw scores - RESEARCH PROJECT
    FAO any parent whose child sat the AQE test in 2009-2016:
    I am an AQE tutor based in Dromore, Co. Down. For my own interest and to help me to respond to parental queries/concerns, I am doing an analysis of the standardisation process used by AQE - ie, the process whereby raw scores are converted into final AQE scores after age adjustment. Raw scores are the marks the candidate achieved in each paper (out of a total of 64 marks per paper).
    It is possible, if desired, to obtain your child's raw scores in the AQE tests. This information is provided to parents who request the scores via an official application. E-mail the AQE office for more details.
    Raw scores are sent out by post and can take a few weeks to process.
    If you do decide to obtain your child's raw scores, I would be very grateful if you would share that information with me confidentially for my own records. It is most useful if I can include as wide a range of scores and birthdays as possible over several years.
    Thank you, L Coulter, WhizzKids AQE Tuition Service
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

140Posts Today

1,833Users online

Martin's Twitter