Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • therivierakid
    • By therivierakid 12th May 14, 8:33 AM
    • 317Posts
    • 66Thanks
    therivierakid
    Amazon Logistics (rant)
    • 12th May 14, 8:33 AM
    Amazon Logistics (rant) 12th May 14 at 8:33 AM

Ordered a couple of items separately from Amazon recently. Had an email on Friday saying that they would be delivered by Amazon Logistics that day. I checked my account mid afternoon and the order status for both items read "Delivered". Only they hadn't been delivered! Not to me anyway. The time of delivery was 13:57, at which time I was in and would have heard any knocking/doorbell. I have checked all around the outside of the house to see if they have been dumped somewhere - no sign. So WTF has happened to my stuff... are we looking at theft or incompetence here???

*removed by forumteam - please do not advertise in signatures*
Page 16
    • Chrysalis
    • By Chrysalis 15th Sep 17, 5:41 PM
    • 1,985 Posts
    • 916 Thanks
    Chrysalis
    There is a depot "somewhere" where do you think the van drivers get the parcels from? I know my depot is in Nottingham (different city) but other than that no more specifics.

Also an item arriving a couple of hours late is far better than not arriving at all, and you can contact DPD for status updates.

From what I read, amazon logistics is a rebranded company that amazon took over who you were about to go bust before amazon bailed them out, that company uses self employed drivers which is why they unmarked.

A DPD delivery cost is not much different from amazon logistics either. Remember the price premium on amazon prime products.

https://logistics.amazon.co.uk/

Seems a mixture of self employed drivers and probably small delivery firms, I have never ever seen a firm branded van tho.

Drivers load the parcels at a regional location.
    ^
    |
    |
    depot
    Last edited by Chrysalis; 15-09-2017 at 5:52 PM.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 16th Sep 17, 7:53 AM
    • 32,400 Posts
    • 27,167 Thanks
    custardy
    There is a depot "somewhere" where do you think the van drivers get the parcels from? I know my depot is in Nottingham (different city) but other than that no more specifics.

Also an item arriving a couple of hours late is far better than not arriving at all, and you can contact DPD for status updates.

From what I read, amazon logistics is a rebranded company that amazon took over who you were about to go bust before amazon bailed them out, that company uses self employed drivers which is why they unmarked.

A DPD delivery cost is not much different from amazon logistics either. Remember the price premium on amazon prime products.

https://logistics.amazon.co.uk/

Seems a mixture of self employed drivers and probably small delivery firms, I have never ever seen a firm branded van tho.

^
    |
    |
    depot
    Originally posted by Chrysalis

Well we shall argue semantics. The depot you require is somewhere with a customer facing element.
    Of course the vans are loaded at a hub point.
    Last edited by custardy; 18-09-2017 at 10:19 AM.
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 16th Sep 17, 4:22 PM
    • 6,287 Posts
    • 19,198 Thanks
    Doc N
    No problems at all these days with them. Until today, when they stupidly left a package inside a dustbin with a card instead of the designated safe place.
    • Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 18th Sep 17, 10:14 AM
    • 2,681 Posts
    • 3,892 Thanks
    Feral Moon
    The depots where couriers collect parcels from is not available to customers. And most couriers are self employed so can deliver your parcel any time they see fit within the regulated hours.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 22nd Sep 17, 10:46 PM
    • 25,723 Posts
    • 10,221 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    I do wonder where they are based locally.

Ordered some stuff and it arrived in less than 2 hours. Some bits from Morrisons which is 20 + minutes away without traffic.

But other items were odball tools that normal shops would not stock, yet they arrived within 2 hours also.

Ordred a book for a £ or so and it arrived the same day. Well i ordered it around midnight and it arrived around lunchtime.

I must be in a good catchment area for Amazon.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 23rd Sep 17, 7:27 AM
    • 32,400 Posts
    • 27,167 Thanks
    custardy

Ordered some stuff and it arrived in less than 2 hours. Some bits from Morrisons which is 20 + minutes away without traffic.

But other items were odball tools that normal shops would not stock, yet they arrived within 2 hours also.

Ordred a book for a £ or so and it arrived the same day. Well i ordered it around midnight and it arrived around lunchtime.

Originally posted by forgotmyname
    Its not where they are based. its what stock is held in your local Amazon warehouse.
    • RichardD1970
    • By RichardD1970 23rd Sep 17, 8:33 AM
    • 2,582 Posts
    • 3,776 Thanks
    RichardD1970

Originally posted by forgotmyname
    If you use Prime Now, it tracks the delivery on a map in (near) real time so shows where the warehouse is. My local one is about 4 miles away on a local industrial estate.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

221Posts Today

1,545Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin