Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • therivierakid
    • By therivierakid 12th May 14, 8:33 AM
    • 317Posts
    • 66Thanks
    therivierakid
    Amazon Logistics (rant)
    • 12th May 14, 8:33 AM
    Amazon Logistics (rant) 12th May 14 at 8:33 AM

Ordered a couple of items separately from Amazon recently. Had an email on Friday saying that they would be delivered by Amazon Logistics that day. I checked my account mid afternoon and the order status for both items read "Delivered". Only they hadn't been delivered! Not to me anyway. The time of delivery was 13:57, at which time I was in and would have heard any knocking/doorbell. I have checked all around the outside of the house to see if they have been dumped somewhere - no sign. So WTF has happened to my stuff... are we looking at theft or incompetence here???

*removed by forumteam - please do not advertise in signatures*
Page 15
    • custardy
    • By custardy 6th Dec 16, 9:20 AM
    • 32,394 Posts
    • 27,156 Thanks
    custardy
    Well yes, of course they should stop offering deliveries from that warehouse if they aren't able to fulfill them from it. They send from a different warehouse instead. And when the Glasgow one is sorted, they start using it again. That's called good service.

Other carriers were available. Amazon should have sent it via one of those rather than sending it via Royal Mail.
    Originally posted by ThumbRemote
    No,you said they should stop offering the service.
    Thats my same day warehouse. So no more same day for me?
    • ThumbRemote
    • By ThumbRemote 6th Dec 16, 10:35 AM
    • 3,785 Posts
    • 4,823 Thanks
    ThumbRemote
    No,you said they should stop offering the service.
    Thats my same day warehouse. So no more same day for me?
    Originally posted by custardy
    If that warehouse was unable to fulfill that service, there would be two options:
    Either 1. Amazon use another warehouse to provide it.
    Or 2. It would, by definition, not be available to you. In this case then Amazon should stop advertising it as being available to you if it isn't.

Just like if Royal Mail are unable to deliver in the timescales that Amazon advertise. There are two options:
    Either 1. Amazon use another courier to provide it.
    Or 2. It is not available to you. In this case then Amazon should stop advertising it as being available.

Not sure why this is hard to understand?
    • custardy
    • By custardy 6th Dec 16, 2:37 PM
    • 32,394 Posts
    • 27,156 Thanks
    custardy
    If that warehouse was unable to fulfill that service, there would be two options:
    Either 1. Amazon use another warehouse to provide it.
    Or 2. It would, by definition, not be available to you. In this case then Amazon should stop advertising it as being available to you if it isn't.

Just like if Royal Mail are unable to deliver in the timescales that Amazon advertise. There are two options:
    Either 1. Amazon use another courier to provide it.
    Or 2. It is not available to you. In this case then Amazon should stop advertising it as being available.

Not sure why this is hard to understand?

Another same day carrier half way through the day?
    They should use a crystal ball and not advertise a service as there is a fire planned?
    • Squire Fulwood
    • By Squire Fulwood 6th Dec 16, 8:16 PM
    • 356 Posts
    • 224 Thanks
    Squire Fulwood
    I have never heard of this happening before but since it involved Amazon Logistics I suppose this is the place to tell about it.

I ordered a computer game from Amazon and the van duly arrived. I went out to meet the driver and he was in the back looking puzzled. It was near the end of the delivery round and there were only three parcels on the van and none of them were mine.

His PDA said it was on the van and his dispatcher (when phoned) thought it was on the van but it wasn't. This case ran on for a week before the third customer service person sent a replacement.

In the meantime I sent someone to their sorting office and they said it had been scanned through there and they had no idea where it was.

It just vanished.
    It's not my fault your honour, they made me do it.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 6th Dec 16, 8:40 PM
    • 32,394 Posts
    • 27,156 Thanks
    custardy
    I have never heard of this happening before but since it involved Amazon Logistics I suppose this is the place to tell about it.

I ordered a computer game from Amazon and the van duly arrived. I went out to meet the driver and he was in the back looking puzzled. It was near the end of the delivery round and there were only three parcels on the van and none of them were mine.

His PDA said it was on the van and his dispatcher (when phoned) thought it was on the van but it wasn't. This case ran on for a week before the third customer service person sent a replacement.

In the meantime I sent someone to their sorting office and they said it had been scanned through there and they had no idea where it was.

It just vanished.
    Originally posted by Squire Fulwood
    Not really.
    Likely misdelivered and unscanned.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 7th Dec 16, 8:05 AM
    • 7,138 Posts
    • 13,049 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Since I joined Amazon Prime on their £59 for the year deal around Black Friday, I ordered two things - a 4 CD set and a fitness tracker watch. Both wrapped in unnecessarily packaging so cannot put into my external post box. If they actually used smaller amounts of packaging, they could have posted into my post box - and others' letterboxes.

So customers could receive them without the need of being in.
    • The-Truth
    • By The-Truth 7th Dec 16, 10:19 AM
    • 463 Posts
    • 529 Thanks
    The-Truth
    but they should have known they wouldn't have been able to meet that; as they have done now, as they have removed the One Day Service in the run to Christmas.
    Originally posted by Dylan80
    No they haven't, look!

• Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 7th Dec 16, 11:45 PM
    • 2,681 Posts
    • 3,891 Thanks
    Feral Moon

It just vanished.
    Originally posted by Squire Fulwood

It might accidentally have been delivered to someone else. Or maybe it simply fell out of his van. I once found an Amazon parcel in the middle of the road that a Royal Mail van had dropped and as it happened, it belonged to a customer I was delivering to that day so I just handed it to her along with her other parcel. When I later saw the Postie I told him what happened so he could mark it as delivered on his HHT.
    • Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 7th Dec 16, 11:55 PM
    • 2,681 Posts
    • 3,891 Thanks
    Feral Moon
    Since I joined Amazon Prime on their £59 for the year deal around Black Friday, I ordered two things - a 4 CD set and a fitness tracker watch. Both wrapped in unnecessarily packaging so cannot put into my external post box. If they actually used smaller amounts of packaging, they could have posted into my post box - and others' letterboxes.

So customers could receive them without the need of being in.
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    This is a major problem and Amazon certainly aren't alone in using oversized boxes. I could name several companies which are also guilty and then they wonder why so many get damaged in transit.

It's also a complete pain for couriers and posties alike as they take up so much unnecessary room in delivery vehicles that often two to three trips to reload are required at this time of year. And when your round covers 100 square miles you can imagine the extra time and fuel needed to complete the day's deliveries this entails.

Many couriers are working 14 hour days at the moment, still out delivering at 9pm. And when a customer isn't home to receive their parcel you can imagine how frustrating this can be not to mention taking up precious room in the vehicle when it needs to be redelivered the following day, on top of another 200 parcels. Then you wonder why some couriers leave parcels wherever they can find a suitable place.
    • The-Truth
    • By The-Truth 10th Dec 16, 4:46 PM
    • 463 Posts
    • 529 Thanks
    The-Truth
    Just ignore The-Truth. The-Truth is, no matter how poor the service they actually receive from companies, they always come on here claiming they've had great service just so they can argue with people who have legitimate vents.
    ThumbRemote. I ordered something at half past 12 pm today and it's due to be delivered this evening! What have you got to say to that then?

Or are you planning to ban me getting same day delivery due to something you've read on a forum? (which is basically what you proposed!)
    • ThumbRemote
    • By ThumbRemote 11th Dec 16, 12:02 AM
    • 3,785 Posts
    • 4,823 Thanks
    ThumbRemote
    ThumbRemote. I ordered something at half past 12 pm today and it's due to be delivered this evening! What have you got to say to that then?

Or are you planning to ban me getting same day delivery due to something you've read on a forum? (which is basically what you proposed!)
    Originally posted by The-Truth
    Goodness me, you're once again on here talking about the amazing service you've received from a company. Who ever could have seen that coming?
    • The-Truth
    • By The-Truth 11th Dec 16, 12:43 AM
    • 463 Posts
    • 529 Thanks
    The-Truth
    Goodness me, you're once again on here talking about the amazing service you've received from a company. Who ever could have seen that coming?
    It was delivered in less than 9 hours from the time I placed my order. But if you had your way and banned it that wouldn't have happened.

Don't you see the point? Why should a company stop doing something because of one or two problems? Yes I know you'll probably try and be witty and quote my "don't you see the point?" sentence then point out it's a vent forum, yes I know that. But because someones vented about something doesn't mean a company should then cease to offer that same service to everyone else which is what you ended up saying!
    • ThumbRemote
    • By ThumbRemote 11th Dec 16, 9:22 AM
    • 3,785 Posts
    • 4,823 Thanks
    ThumbRemote
    It was delivered in less than 9 hours from the time I placed my order. But if you had your way and banned it that wouldn't have happened.

Don't you see the point? Why should a company stop doing something because of one or two problems? Yes I know you'll probably try and be witty and quote my "don't you see the point?" sentence then point out it's a vent forum, yes I know that. But because someones vented about something doesn't mean a company should then cease to offer that same service to everyone else which is what you ended up saying!
    That's not what I said.

"If you place your order with One-Day Delivery, depending on the time of day that you place your order, if in stock it'll be dispatched that same day and delivered the next day." (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200182420)

If Amazon are unable to do that then they shouldn't offer it as a service.
    They clearly are able to do that in your case, but then if it's arriving same day they aren't sending it Royal Mail on a busy weekend.
    • The-Truth
    • By The-Truth 11th Dec 16, 12:07 PM
    • 463 Posts
    • 529 Thanks
    The-Truth
    That's not what I said.

They clearly are able to do that in your case, but then if it's arriving same day they aren't sending it Royal Mail on a busy weekend.
    Yeah but Amazon use Amazon logistics not Royal Mail. That's why this thread is entitled "Amazon Logistics (rant)"

You really have failed on this one!
    • ThumbRemote
    • By ThumbRemote 11th Dec 16, 4:30 PM
    • 3,785 Posts
    • 4,823 Thanks
    ThumbRemote
    Yeah but Amazon use Amazon logistics not Royal Mail. That's why this thread is entitled "Amazon Logistics (rant)"

You really have failed on this one!
    Wrong. See post #267.
    • The-Truth
    • By The-Truth 12th Dec 16, 9:26 AM
    • 463 Posts
    • 529 Thanks
    The-Truth
    Wrong. See post #267.
    Should have started his own thread then!
    • Francesanne
    • By Francesanne 24th Dec 16, 5:40 PM
    • 1,967 Posts
    • 2,051 Thanks
    Francesanne
    I'm very impressed with Amazon Prime. I detest shopping and do the vast majority of my shopping online. I recently had a minor problem with Amazon Prime. Don't believe in ranting and raving but sent email that showed I was slightly disappointed in Amazon. This resulted in my Prime membership being extended by 2 months. I have use Amazon Prime for most of my Christmas presents over the past month and haven't been let down on a single occasion. I'm a very happy and satisfied customer. Well done Amazon. Happy Christmas.
    • Chrysalis
    • By Chrysalis 15th Sep 17, 4:35 PM
    • 1,985 Posts
    • 916 Thanks
    Chrysalis
    I thought these werent too bad at first but recently have been terrible if delivering a large parcel.

In the last 2 months I have had 3 large parcels not delivered, I ring up and then amazon claim they cannot contact their own delivery depot by phone, which I find incredibly diffilcult to believe, there is no way to find the address of the depots, meaning in effect the depot and its drivers have no accountability to the customer as the customer cannot contact them.

The likes of DPD can give a 1 hour delivery slot, supermarkets provide delivery slots, yet amazon say "between 8am and 10pm" a FOURTEEN hour window.

I actually think amazon logistics now is even worse than yodel.

I get the impression is done with extreme cost cutting in mind, so parcels dumped on a self employed unmarked van and driver told to get on with it, instead of a set route, driver tracking and hour delivery slots, no way to contact as someone manning a phone costs too much money and no way to attend a depot I expect quite possibly the depot may be unmanned after vans are loaded as well. Stories of drivers working illegal hours, less than min wage etc. Bear in mind amazon next day isnt particurly cheap, if you not got prime its about £8 for one delivery for next day with a courier company that has no driver tracking and that cannot be contacted, if you use prime free next day, then all prime products have a markup so its not just the monthly fee but also a premium price on all prime products to pay for it.

I have never had amazon logistics come after after 3pm for me, so today with me waiting for a redeliver attempt looks like the redeliver will fail also.

Not surprised as the tracking says loaded onto van THREE times, how can my parcel be loaded onto the van 3 times? Its as if drivers are rejecting it because a large parcel so they then load it onto another driver van.
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 15th Sep 17, 4:46 PM
    • 7,123 Posts
    • 9,938 Thanks
    KxMx
    Even the likes of Hermes often give a time slot these days, usually 4 hours.

The death of all day delivery slots can't come soon enough for me.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 15th Sep 17, 5:07 PM
    • 32,394 Posts
    • 27,156 Thanks
    custardy
    I thought these werent too bad at first but recently have been terrible if delivering a large parcel.

In the last 2 months I have had 3 large parcels not delivered, I ring up and then amazon claim they cannot contact their own delivery depot by phone, which I find incredibly diffilcult to believe, there is no way to find the address of the depots, meaning in effect the depot and its drivers have no accountability to the customer as the customer cannot contact them.

The likes of DPD can give a 1 hour delivery slot, supermarkets provide delivery slots, yet amazon say "between 8am and 10pm" a FOURTEEN hour window.

I actually think amazon logistics now is even worse than yodel.

I get the impression is done with extreme cost cutting in mind, so parcels dumped on a self employed unmarked van and driver told to get on with it, instead of a set route, driver tracking and hour delivery slots, no way to contact as someone manning a phone costs too much money and no way to attend a depot I expect quite possibly the depot may be unmanned after vans are loaded as well. Stories of drivers working illegal hours, less than min wage etc. Bear in mind amazon next day isnt particurly cheap, if you not got prime its about £8 for one delivery for next day with a courier company that has no driver tracking and that cannot be contacted, if you use prime free next day, then all prime products have a markup so its not just the monthly fee but also a premium price on all prime products to pay for it.

I have never had amazon logistics come after after 3pm for me, so today with me waiting for a redeliver attempt looks like the redeliver will fail also.

Not surprised as the tracking says loaded onto van THREE times, how can my parcel be loaded onto the van 3 times? Its as if drivers are rejecting it because a large parcel so they then load it onto another driver van.
    Originally posted by Chrysalis
    Amazon dont have depots AFAIK.
    Its simply 3rd party couriers they use under the umbrella term of Amazon logistics.

funny you mention DPD.
    Paid for a premium 08:30-10:30 slot today.
    Item arrived at 12:30
    So even the premium services can get it wrong.
    Last edited by custardy; 15-09-2017 at 5:09 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

738Posts Today

5,949Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin