Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • FOREVER21
    • By FOREVER21 10th May 14, 9:09 PM
    • 1,354Posts
    • 869Thanks
    FOREVER21
    Precisionglas
    • 10th May 14, 9:09 PM
    Precisionglas 10th May 14 at 9:09 PM
    Anyone able to help please?

Andy Mongan owner of precision glass in Hebburn, Tyne and Wear, has taken cash deposit from me(yes I know I should have used credit/debit card) he is now refusing to answer my calls and has closed down his web site.

I would like to start a small claim against him but I only have the work place address now vacated of course.

Does anyone have an address for this individual if so could they send me a pm . many thanks
Page 1
    • robatwork
    • By robatwork 11th May 14, 9:12 AM
    • 3,265 Posts
    • 3,447 Thanks
    robatwork
    • 11th May 14, 9:12 AM
    • 11th May 14, 9:12 AM
    Can't find much - website details are: http://www.nominet.org.uk/whois/lookup?query=precisionglass.co.uk
  • c240amg
    • 5th Feb 15, 4:25 PM
    • 5th Feb 15, 4:25 PM
    Oh - I've I had only read this before ordering from precision glass...

I've just raised a case with CAB/Trading standards

Both numbers on the precisionglass web are either disconnected or aren't being picked up.

This doesn't bode well, since I paid via a bank transfer and not via a credit card. In retrospect this might have been a mistake.

Did you ever manage to get anything from precision glass?
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 6th Feb 15, 12:26 PM
    • 7,102 Posts
    • 5,124 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 6th Feb 15, 12:26 PM
    • 6th Feb 15, 12:26 PM
    It's often a mistake to pay by bank transfer. Ask yourself why a retailer's bank won't give them card facilities.
  • c240amg
    • 12th Feb 15, 7:15 PM
    • 12th Feb 15, 7:15 PM
    I've found more details - hope this helps someone...

They used to be based at:
    TEDCO Business Centre, Viking Industrial Park
    Tyne and Wear
    NE32 3DT
    United Kingdom

now it seems they are at:
    Unit 1/2
    Victoria Industrial Estate,
    Hebburn,
    Tyne & Wear
    NE31 1UB

Person I am dealing with is Andy (surname presume Monghan)
    All numbers on the website don't work (disconnected or just rings)
    his mobile is apparently 07436 534258

Seems to own glassandsplashbacks.co.uk and precisionglass websites.
    Any further info, I'll put here.
  • CLD
    • 23rd Mar 15, 2:07 PM
    • 23rd Mar 15, 2:07 PM
    I have also been ripped off by this man, he took £480 pounds on an order - this guy, from reading this, is a real con artist. He is still at the current address but has now called the company Galaxy. I have got a judgement against him personally with a CCJ and I am reporting him to Trading Standards, which everyone should do who has been ripped off by Andy. This is theft. Do not deal with Andy Mongon from Precision Glass, Glassandsplashbacks or Galaxy in Tyne and Wear.
  • CLD
    • 23rd Mar 15, 2:17 PM
    • 23rd Mar 15, 2:17 PM
    I have been caught to. I have lost £480 - I have got a CCJ against him and Precision Glass now, but he still hasnt paid - is there a reference I can get from you so I to can report him to Trading Standards.
  • gateshead1
    • 29th Jul 15, 4:04 PM
    Result?
    • 29th Jul 15, 4:04 PM
    Anyone else have any experience with these?
    • Siara McGonnell
    • By Siara McGonnell 22nd Sep 16, 2:37 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Siara McGonnell
    • 22nd Sep 16, 2:37 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 2:37 PM
    Good Afternoon, my name is Siara. I have seen your reveiw for Precision Glass and Andy. Andy is no longer with the company, the company has a new owner and i am the office manager. I know your review is from last year, but i am going through everything. Did you ever get your money back from Andy? If you could call the office on 0191 438 4036 i will happily give you his contact details and address. On behalf of the company i would like to apologise to you for what Andy has done. He has ripped off a lot of people and if we can help in anyway, then we would like to. Kind Regards. Siara McGonnell
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 22nd Sep 16, 3:02 PM
    • 14,958 Posts
    • 10,706 Thanks
    agrinnall
    Good Afternoon, my name is Siara.
    Originally posted by Siara McGonnell
    You may be trying to be helpful, although you're very late in doing so, but to post on here as a company representative you have to obtain permission from MSE.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-faqs?_ga=1.155148792.1706339514.1392649330#compani es
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,373Posts Today

7,464Users online

Martin's Twitter