Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Polly Wolly Doodle
    • By Polly Wolly Doodle 2nd May 14, 8:43 PM
    • 994Posts
    • 3,693Thanks
    Polly Wolly Doodle
    Shall we get started?
    • 2nd May 14, 8:43 PM
    Shall we get started? 2nd May 14 at 8:43 PM
    Hello MFWs , i've been desperate to join this board for ages and i think i now can.

Two debts left:
    1) secure loan £13,035.58
    2) mortgage £214,061.89

Secured loan at 5.064% and the mortgage is at 1.49% both trackers and the only way is up. So i need to join in, stay focussed and grab every spare and earned penny i can.

In the process of getting a new bank a/c so overpayments will probably be to a jar for the time being but it's a start.

So so glad to be here
    Weight: need to lose 71lbs - lost to date 0lbs
    One Poll: £3.20
    My Survey: £0.00
    Ebay: £0.00
Page 8
    • Betterthanever
    • By Betterthanever 11th Oct 17, 1:55 PM
    • 277 Posts
    • 1,092 Thanks
    Betterthanever
    Hurrah, and welcome back!!

I look forward to the updates!
    Former DFW Nerd 230. Determined to be MF.
    Current balance £116,149.98. Offset £1,236. £114,913.98 needed to be mortgage neutral!
    End date - 03/29 but aiming for 10/22

Bring it on!
    • Polly Wolly Doodle
    • By Polly Wolly Doodle 13th Oct 17, 8:03 AM
    • 994 Posts
    • 3,693 Thanks
    Polly Wolly Doodle
    Been feeling yucky so weighed myself ye gods, according to the NHS calculator I am obese and losing 5st 1lb would put me at the mid point of the healthy weight range.
    That's 71lbs to lose
    So there is the first target for the new sig!
    • Betterthanever
    • By Betterthanever 13th Oct 17, 8:16 AM
    • 277 Posts
    • 1,092 Thanks
    Betterthanever
    And a good target to have. Like the mortgage, break it down into smaller targets, don't expect to be "on it" every single day, don't beat yourself up if you have a foodie day or don't get your steps in, but remember that it is a journey that will bring benefits of many types, so embrace it!
    Former DFW Nerd 230. Determined to be MF.
    Current balance £116,149.98. Offset £1,236. £114,913.98 needed to be mortgage neutral!
    End date - 03/29 but aiming for 10/22

Bring it on!
    • Polly Wolly Doodle
    • By Polly Wolly Doodle 13th Oct 17, 7:39 PM
    • 994 Posts
    • 3,693 Thanks
    Polly Wolly Doodle
    Thank you Better, patience and being aware of what i'm eating should help

Quick update on life, separated from husband a year ago so i'm now renting. Unfortunately also becoming self-employed means I can't get a mortgage atm. So intention is to save free survey money, ebay sales, £co, and anything else.
    Ex-DH is making no moves to sell the house that we have a joint mortgage on and i'm trying to stay calm as we have to co-parent and I do not want to hurt the children any more than I already have.

However I do need him to move on in every sense so I can get whatever bit of equity there is out for the business / imaginary owned home / children / future etc.

Ummm...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,566Posts Today

8,093Users online

Martin's Twitter