Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 1st May 14, 3:25 PM
    • 8,838Posts
    • 21,147Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    Posting on the Parking Board – your help please
    • 1st May 14, 3:25 PM
    Posting on the Parking Board – your help please 1st May 14 at 3:25 PM
    MSE Update November 2017

Hi everyone

Please could all forumites using this board re-read our original post below.

Thank you!

----

Please read our Don't Pay Unfair Parking Tickets News story for MSE's stance.

-----

Hi everyone,

As you’ll be aware this board was set up for users to find factual information about parking tickets fines, whether they are enforceable or not, and the appeals and actions process.

What it was not set up to do was to pursue any one individual or company to the extent that some users on here have, again, despite our previous requests not to.

You might think it's your "right" and that we should back you fully, but we are governed by the law of the land and our Rules and T&Cs make it pretty clear that posting names and personal details, and making personal comments about others is simply not allowed.

In recent months, we have again had to deal with complaints about this board. Here at MSE we fight your corner as a consumer and we believe much of the private parking industry is a Wild West full of many cowboys ripping off honest motorists, as we’ve seen and heard too many stories to suggest otherwise (and some staff here have been on the end of unscrupulous tactics). However, some firms do also act fairly.

The problem we face is when people make allegations without evidence against a specific company, calling them “scammers” or “criminals”. Without evidence, this becomes a legal problem and we may have to remove threads and posts to protect the site. We prefer to keep our resources focused on fighting hard for you to fight unfair tickets and keeping that debate unabashed than having to deal with a legal sideshow about ‘is the name-calling fair?’ – so please help us help you by moderating the language not to accuse of illegality.

We are a small team managing over 150 Forum boards, all requiring resource. So we cannot investigate every complaint to gather the required evidence, sadly. We’d love to do just that to fight your corner even further but it is not always possible.

We can support your factual comments, we can’t support personal remarks about others

We can only support factual comment that operates within our Rules and T&Cs. Personal, antagonistic arguments against individuals break these and we cannot defend it. If you keep things non-personal, on topic, factual, can prove everything you say and work within these rules and T&Cs, we will always do our best to defend your comment, as we do everywhere. If not we shall have to speak with you and if it continues, may have to remove a poster’s posting privileges.

We hope this comes across in the manner it is intended. Please help us to help you, by working with us to defend your comments.

Thank you

MSE Forum Team
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 29-11-2017 at 12:30 PM.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 7
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Jun 17, 9:03 PM
    • 51,855 Posts
    • 65,491 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Why post here? You are in the wrong place and a link a few posts up, shows you where to go.

You need to read the NEWBIES thread (and not post there, please). My signature also tells you where to click to get back.

PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• giggs963
    • By giggs963 4th Oct 17, 2:02 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    giggs963
    Hi i need some help please.
    How do I find out who owns the car park at the PEEL CENTRE STOCKPORT. I am disabled and paid for a ticket. I forgot to put my blue badge on the dash. I got a ticket appealed it they refused, appealed to IPA they found in their favor. received solicitors letter £160 or court action . giggs963
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 4th Oct 17, 2:28 PM
    • 8,948 Posts
    • 13,689 Thanks
    trisontana
    Hi i need some help please.
    How do I find out who owns the car park at the PEEL CENTRE STOCKPORT. I am disabled and paid for a ticket. I forgot to put my blue badge on the dash. I got a ticket appealed it they refused, appealed to IPA they found in their favor. received solicitors letter £160 or court action . giggs963
    Originally posted by giggs963
    Could you please read the post above yours!
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 29th Nov 17, 12:29 PM
    • 8,838 Posts
    • 21,147 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    Hi everyone

Please could all forum members using this board please re-read our original 2014 post.

Thank you
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,500Posts Today

6,166Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin