Sanderson's Blinds. Again.

Another badly timed unwanted sales call :mad::mad::mad:. I patiently explained to the girl that we've already had this conversation and they should now please take me off their lists. "Well" she said "Can I ask why you entered the competition then?" I said that was more than six months ago and since then I've had no end of unwanted calls from them asking stupid questions like that and repeated the request to take me off their lists. As she was asking me again why I didn't want to talk to them I'm afraid I gave up and rang off.
One thing sticks with me though. I will NEVER ever use these people even if I win the lottery tomorrow and decide to have blinds in every single room of my multi-room mansion. :rotfl:

Comments

• BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,368
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    They have rung me several times too! I think they assume that because we have entered a competition to win with them that we SHOULD speak to them! I always tell them 'sorry, my mam and dad are on holiday' then hang up! (and I don't live with my mam and dad but I have been told I sound young on the phone!)phone-shock-smiley-emoticon.gif
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • hamsterfan1
    hamsterfan1 Posts: 8,280
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Do you think they should be added to the spam list?
    proud gran to 4 lovely boys and one little girl
  • gholmes724
    gholmes724 Posts: 661 Forumite
    Do you think they should be added to the spam list?

Definitely, I don't even bother to enter their competitions these days, not convinced anyone ever wins.

I was called and told I'd won a free quote and they would have to visit my home to present it to me.

Total scum.
  • CheCazzo
    CheCazzo Posts: 559 Forumite
    Yes - totally they should be added to the spam list. Good idea! Honestly - I started comping back in Sept last year and that was one of the first ones I entered (I think!) and they've been calling me ever since. Always at weekends, once on a Sunday of all days. And the questions! Why did you enter the competition (well - I've always wanted to win two nights in the open air with a camel - why'd ya think?) to If you won which room would you want the blinds in and can we quote you for that room (yeah - memo to sales team - If I could afford your stupid blinds I probably wouldn't enter your stupid competitions!)
    Apologies if I sound unduly wound up about this but these people at Sandersons always manage to make me feel bad about having entered their competition and I'm sure that's not the point of comping!
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,368
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    CheCazzo wrote: »
    Yes - totally they should be added to the spam list. Good idea! Honestly - I started comping back in Sept last year and that was one of the first ones I entered (I think!) and they've been calling me ever since. Always at weekends, once on a Sunday of all days. And the questions! Why did you enter the competition (well - I've always wanted to win two nights in the open air with a camel - why'd ya think?) to If you won which room would you want the blinds in and can we quote you for that room (yeah - memo to sales team - If I could afford your stupid blinds I probably wouldn't enter your stupid competitions!)
    Apologies if I sound unduly wound up about this but these people at Sandersons always manage to make me feel bad about having entered their competition and I'm sure that's not the point of comping!

Completely agree with you there - they are phone trolls! trollface-problem-meme-smiley-emoticon.png
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • aurorablues
    aurorablues Posts: 424 Forumite
    Is there not somewhere you can report them to for harassment?
  • gholmes724
    gholmes724 Posts: 661 Forumite
    I have a killer letter/email which got rid of them in the end - their behaviour is contrary to harassment and telecommunication laws.
  • aurorablues
    gholmes724 wrote: »
    I have a killer letter/email which got rid of them in the end - their behaviour is contrary to harassment and telecommunication laws.

Indeed it is :)
  • CheCazzo
    CheCazzo Posts: 559 Forumite
    That's interesting to know. Perhaps you can tell me this - if I am registered with the TPS does me giving my phone number in a competition entry invalidate or override the TPS function?
  • aurorablues
    edited 26 April 2014 at 8:01PM
    I'm personally not sure, but whether it does overide, you have specifically told the company to take you off their lists and stop calling you, and they have ignored this which is quite frankly harassment whether you opted in to giving your number to them at some point in time or not.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure