Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • Daniel54
    • By Daniel54 17th Apr 14, 5:55 PM
    • 574 Posts
    • 686 Thanks
    Daniel54
    • 17th Apr 14, 5:55 PM
    • 17th Apr 14, 5:55 PM
    Hello,
    I have been contacted by fairline pension review to review my pension. Has anyone had any dealings with them? They send your authority off to blue Infinitas to check your pension. I believe they take a commission. Are they any good? thanks
    Originally posted by sw1960
    I have no experience but would strongly suggest avoid .They are unregulated and most likely just after your money,particulalry if they cold called you.Extract from website

"If you wish to receive financial advice, we suggest that you discuss your queries with an Independent Financial Adviser. We are not financial advisers and do not carry out regulated activities"
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 17th Apr 14, 8:32 PM
    • 89,606 Posts
    • 56,097 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 17th Apr 14, 8:32 PM
    • 17th Apr 14, 8:32 PM
    I have been contacted by fairline pension review to review my pension.
    No genuine regulated company will cold call you to review your pension.

There are plenty of dodgy cold calling companies that lead on to pension transfer scams. Such as using totally unsuitable and unregulated investments (that frequently go on to fail)

I believe they take a commission.
    Commissions have been banned to regulated advice companies. So, this should put you on guard (in addition to the fact you have been cold called.

I have yet to see anyone who has been cold called get a good result. I have two complaints I have put in against firms that cold called. I know a couple of other IFAs that have the done the same.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • sw1960
    • 18th Apr 14, 6:29 PM
    • 18th Apr 14, 6:29 PM
    Thank you for your replies. I will avoid them!
    • greenking
    • By greenking 28th Sep 15, 7:35 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    greenking
    • 28th Sep 15, 7:35 PM
    • 28th Sep 15, 7:35 PM
    Unfortunately I was approached and agreed to a pension review by Blue infinitas
    They sounded very good and all seemed well until my latest pension statement
    -52,500 , yep seems like they poorly invested and within 12 months of me agreeing to them " helpin me they lost approx 75% of my pension pot.
    More worrying was that they were tied in with James Hay who by all accounts were a reputable company which is why I agreed in the first place.?
    Been unable to find much on the internet regards action group or the like. Not sure what to do next
    • magpiecottage
    • By magpiecottage 28th Sep 15, 8:38 PM
    • 9,101 Posts
    • 5,584 Thanks
    magpiecottage
    • 28th Sep 15, 8:38 PM
    • 28th Sep 15, 8:38 PM
    You will find details here.

Note that it has applied to cancel its authorisation.

If you are unhapply, I recommend you complain to info@blueinfinitas.co.uk . Do this immediately and, if you do not get a satisfactory response by about 24 November (or get a "final response" that you are unhappy with in the meantime, go to FOS.

It might also be worth sending an e-mail to consumer.queries@fca.org.uk to tell the FCA that this has happened and you note that the firm has applied to cancel permission. This is likely to slow that cancellation down.
    • DJDavey15
    • By DJDavey15 17th Oct 15, 2:48 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DJDavey15
    • 17th Oct 15, 2:48 PM
    The same for me
    • 17th Oct 15, 2:48 PM
    Sorry to say I've had much the same experience as 'greenking'. Blue Infinitas caught me at a very bad time & I fell for it, hook, line & sinker. I lost most of my pension too. Now trying to pick up the pieces & come out with at least something (anything really!).
    • magpiecottage
    • By magpiecottage 17th Oct 15, 10:22 PM
    • 9,101 Posts
    • 5,584 Thanks
    magpiecottage
    • 17th Oct 15, 10:22 PM
    • 17th Oct 15, 10:22 PM
    Sorry to say I've had much the same experience as 'greenking'. Blue Infinitas caught me at a very bad time & I fell for it, hook, line & sinker. I lost most of my pension too. Now trying to pick up the pieces & come out with at least something (anything really!).
    Originally posted by DJDavey15
    Advice is the same as above. Do it today and if necessary go to FOS. If you e-mail them over the weekend, the eight weeks to respond starts on Monday.
    • J-Box
    • By J-Box 20th Jan 16, 1:32 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    J-Box
    • 20th Jan 16, 1:32 PM
    • 20th Jan 16, 1:32 PM
    I got taken in by the same scam and have just called the FCS and am waiting for the email to complete the forms to start the process. Can't believe I got taken in. My investment has decreased in value by 86%. Fortunately I have other pensions that are tied up and unable to move. Feel so angry right now...
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 20th Jan 16, 2:37 PM
    • 89,606 Posts
    • 56,097 Thanks
    dunstonh
    It should be noted that Fairline /were not FCA regulated. So, the FSCS should not intervene when unregulated investments are put in place by unregulated firms. Fairline disolved on 3/11/15.

So, unless a regulated firm was involved in the provision of advice, there is not likely to be a happy ending.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 20th Apr 17, 10:32 AM
    • 7,602 Posts
    • 8,202 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    And how do we know this isn't follow up scam whereby the saps lose the rest of their money in a fruitless chase after what they already lost. Reported as spam.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,947Posts Today

7,619Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin