Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Breast Cancer Survivor
    • By Breast Cancer Survivor 12th Apr 14, 5:06 PM
    • 10,055Posts
    • 26,602Thanks
    Breast Cancer Survivor
    The new thoughts of the day thread
    • 12th Apr 14, 5:06 PM
    The new thoughts of the day thread 12th Apr 14 at 5:06 PM
    I thought i'd start a new fresh thread seeing as the old one was quite long & was started in January 2013. Hopefully this one will be a bit more lively.

Anyway my thought for the day is why are teenage girls more selfish than teenage boys (imo)? I swear Meg has caused me so much hassle compared to either of my boys & seems to think the world revolves around her.

I've been to Milton Keynes shopping today & omg it was so busy, i'm so glad I live in a small town as we don't get traffic jams.

I hope everyone is well & having a lovely weekend.
    I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.
    Lucille Ball
Page 47
    • Happyhousewife
    • By Happyhousewife 15th Jul 17, 6:12 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 137 Thanks
    Happyhousewife
    Thank you Colin & JG:-)

It's been over 2 years & not only could I not remember my log on details but I couldn't even remember what email address I used lol.

I only came back as I saw what had happened to Tinks. It's so sad & I was so shocked:-(
    • colinw
    • By colinw 15th Jul 17, 7:07 PM
    • 49,596 Posts
    • 135,716 Thanks
    colinw
    Thank you Colin & JG:-)

It's been over 2 years & not only could I not remember my log on details but I couldn't even remember what email address I used lol.

I only came back as I saw what had happened to Tinks. It's so sad & I was so shocked:-(
    Originally posted by Happyhousewife
    It's a shame it was such a sad reason brought you back but nice to see you back
    2 years time really does fly
    • colinw
    • By colinw 15th Jul 17, 7:28 PM
    • 49,596 Posts
    • 135,716 Thanks
    colinw
    One thought I had when out today was the you could not really have "The Planet of the Horses" like you have "The Planet of the Apes" due to them being unable to operate a musket
    • jackieb
    • By jackieb 15th Jul 17, 8:04 PM
    • 26,978 Posts
    • 78,772 Thanks
    jackieb
    One thought I had when out today was the you could not really have "The Planet of the Horses" like you have "The Planet of the Apes" due to them being unable to operate a musket
    Originally posted by colinw
    In the new film the apes ride the horses, so just get them to use the guns. Use your noddle man!

• colinw
    • By colinw 15th Jul 17, 8:18 PM
    • 49,596 Posts
    • 135,716 Thanks
    colinw
    In the new film the apes ride the horses, so just get them to use the guns. Use your noddle man!

Originally posted by jackieb
    Two reasons! You can not operate a gun with hoofs and horses can not ride on the back of horses
    • jackieb
    • By jackieb 15th Jul 17, 8:27 PM
    • 26,978 Posts
    • 78,772 Thanks
    jackieb
    Two reasons! You can not operate a gun with hoofs and horses can not ride on the back of horses
    A horse on the back of a horse, there you go. I won't post any of the other pictures that came up when I Googled horse on horse.

• colinw
    • By colinw 15th Jul 17, 8:44 PM
    • 49,596 Posts
    • 135,716 Thanks
    colinw
    A horse on the back of a horse, there you go. I won't post any of the other pictures that came up when I Googled horse on horse.

But no gun
    • jackieb
    • By jackieb 15th Jul 17, 8:48 PM
    • 26,978 Posts
    • 78,772 Thanks
    jackieb
    But no gun
    Jeez! You're hard to please lol Take note, there is no room on the back of the horse for another horse because of the gun you requested.

• jackieb
    • By jackieb 15th Jul 17, 8:49 PM
    • 26,978 Posts
    • 78,772 Thanks
    jackieb
    Aww now i'm sad. That horse would be deafened when it was fired
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 15th Jul 17, 9:50 PM
    • 6,902 Posts
    • 15,207 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    Aww now i'm sad. That horse would be deafened when it was fired
    I'll bet you didn't watch WarHorse then - I couldn't!
    Should have joined Borrowmydoggy.com
    • jackieb
    • By jackieb 15th Jul 17, 9:56 PM
    • 26,978 Posts
    • 78,772 Thanks
    jackieb
    I'll bet you didn't watch WarHorse then - I couldn't!
    Originally posted by OldMotherTucker
    I did. Truth be told I can't remember much about it.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 16th Jul 17, 10:20 AM
    • 12,160 Posts
    • 46,609 Thanks
    joansgirl
    I just met my friend who lost her husband at the end of last year. She is having a very bad day today.

Normally she reminds me of me, hard faced (because, like me, she's had to be) but to see this normally strong and forceful woman reduced to tears because there's a huge husband sized hole in her life has just about finished me off today.

And I know there's nothing I can do or say to help her. I feel so useless
    • jackieb
    • By jackieb 16th Jul 17, 11:25 AM
    • 26,978 Posts
    • 78,772 Thanks
    jackieb
    Such a shame. Maybe she feels she can be emotional round you because she knows you know what it feels like. Is this the dog walker who didn't mention it for a good while?
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 16th Jul 17, 12:04 PM
    • 6,902 Posts
    • 15,207 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    I just met my friend who lost her husband at the end of last year. She is having a very bad day today.

Normally she reminds me of me, hard faced (because, like me, she's had to be) but to see this normally strong and forceful woman reduced to tears because there's a huge husband sized hole in her life has just about finished me off today.

Originally posted by joansgirl
    Sometimes just having someone you can be yourself around ie not 100% hard-faced, is a comfort.
    Should have joined Borrowmydoggy.com
    • Sheel
    • By Sheel 16th Jul 17, 12:13 PM
    • 44,864 Posts
    • 40,224 Thanks
    Sheel
    Irritated by myself because my memory is so bad.

I found an old camera the other day that I thought would be good for the grandchildren to play with. They've just gone out to a nearby beauty spot with my husband and daughter so I thought it would be the ideal time to give it to them, but I can't find it anywhere.
    JAMMF
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 16th Jul 17, 1:23 PM
    • 12,160 Posts
    • 46,609 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Such a shame. Maybe she feels she can be emotional round you because she knows you know what it feels like. Is this the dog walker who didn't mention it for a good while?
    Yes, it is. I can't even tell her that you get over it, coz you don't. You just learn to live with it
    I really hope Federer wins today as that will cheer her up

Sometimes just having someone you can be yourself around ie not 100% hard-faced, is a comfort.
    She does say she can tell me things she can't say to her family so I hope I'm helping a little bit.

Problem is it drags all my buried memories out into the cold light of day. And what with being over tired it's made me sad. I better sleep before I get maudlin
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 16th Jul 17, 1:27 PM
    • 27,998 Posts
    • 102,137 Thanks
    Pyxis

Originally posted by joansgirl
    This ^^^^^^

And this ^^^^^^

((((((((((Gill))))))))))
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • Happyhousewife
    • By Happyhousewife 16th Jul 17, 1:36 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 137 Thanks
    Happyhousewife
    My 2 boys are growing up too fast. They break up school Friday & will be turning 6 & 5. Where does the time go.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 16th Jul 17, 1:41 PM
    • 49,596 Posts
    • 135,716 Thanks
    colinw
    My thought of the day is it's nice to see so many of the people who used to post in here back I did not want to say Old Posters as it sounds cheeky
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 16th Jul 17, 2:19 PM
    • 27,998 Posts
    • 102,137 Thanks
    Pyxis
    My thought of the day is it's nice to see so many of the people who used to post in here back I did not want to say Old Posters as it sounds cheeky
    Well, you're an old poster too! Older than me! (Poster-wise!)
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,284Posts Today

7,781Users online

Martin's Twitter