Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Smick100
    • By Smick100 7th Apr 14, 4:05 PM
    • 265Posts
    • 65Thanks
    Smick100
    Beko tumble dryer broken
    • 7th Apr 14, 4:05 PM
    Beko tumble dryer broken 7th Apr 14 at 4:05 PM
    Hopefully someone can help me here.

I have a Beko DCU8230 dryer which is about 30 months old. It has stopped working.

Power is getting through to it. It has an interior light which is still working when it is plugged in and turns off when the on / off switch is turned off.

None of the other buttons work, none of them light up.

It seems to me that it might be a control board problem and my questions are as follows:

Do I have any rights with Beko? There is a 12 month guarantee but should I not expect it to be working after 30 months light usage?

Is my assessment of the control board logical? If so, is it possible to buy and replace another?

Or do I just take it on the chin and buy a new one?
Page 1
    • MisterBaxter
    • By MisterBaxter 7th Apr 14, 4:39 PM
    • 576 Posts
    • 415 Thanks
    MisterBaxter
    • 7th Apr 14, 4:39 PM
    • 7th Apr 14, 4:39 PM
    I have a very basic Beko drier, there is a red button on the back that is a reset button, if the filter gets clogged and it overheats I have to leave it off for a while and then press the reset to get it working again.

May be so no use to you whatsoever but worth a look.
    • macman
    • By macman 7th Apr 14, 6:00 PM
    • 40,188 Posts
    • 16,274 Thanks
    macman
    • 7th Apr 14, 6:00 PM
    • 7th Apr 14, 6:00 PM
    You have no clam against Beko whatsoever if it is out of manufacturer's warranty. You do have the option of a claim under SOGA against the retailer, but after 2.5 years you will have to prove a pre-existing fault, which will require an engineer''s report, which you will have to pay for upfront. Only you can decide if it's worth it.
    Get a white goods engineer in to do a diagnosis, a decent one will charge no more than about £20 if you decide not to proceed.
    You might also contact Beko to see if it's a known model fault, in which case they might offer something.But remember that this is a budget brand and you get what you pay for,
    Last edited by macman; 07-04-2014 at 6:02 PM.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • ringo_24601
    • By ringo_24601 7th Apr 14, 6:01 PM
    • 16,123 Posts
    • 25,682 Thanks
    ringo_24601
    • 7th Apr 14, 6:01 PM
    • 7th Apr 14, 6:01 PM
    Have you cleaned the filters out and left it to dry? That seems to fix most issues I have with my hotpoint condenser tumble dryer
    • Smick100
    • By Smick100 7th Apr 14, 8:15 PM
    • 265 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    Smick100
    • 7th Apr 14, 8:15 PM
    • 7th Apr 14, 8:15 PM
    I have a very basic Beko drier, there is a red button on the back that is a reset button, if the filter gets clogged and it overheats I have to leave it off for a while and then press the reset to get it working again.

May be so no use to you whatsoever but worth a look.
    Originally posted by MisterBaxter
    No reset button I'm afraid.

You might also contact Beko to see if it's a known model fault, in which case they might offer something.But remember that this is a budget brand and you get what you pay for.
    Originally posted by macman
    I have sent them an email. To be honest, if it is a budget brand, it has been excellent so far. Dries quickly, the maintenance is easy, good features. I have been told that Beko manufacture for some premium brands who just put their name to it and charge more. Thanks for the info anyway.

Have you cleaned the filters out and left it to dry? That seems to fix most issues I have with my hotpoint condenser tumble dryer
    Originally posted by ringo_24601
    Yeah, I clean them regularly. The lint one after each cycle and about every month on the condenser. The weather had been so good recently that we had been drying clothes outside. I believe that if you don't clean them that the machine still works but just takes longer and more energy. I can't even get the thing started.
  • jonjo41
    • 10th Dec 14, 7:27 AM
    • 10th Dec 14, 7:27 AM
    I have the exact same problem anyone help please
    • Pennylane
    • By Pennylane 10th Dec 14, 8:06 AM
    • 1,985 Posts
    • 5,435 Thanks
    Pennylane
    • 10th Dec 14, 8:06 AM
    • 10th Dec 14, 8:06 AM
    There is a reset button! It's on the top left side of the heating element. Sounds like condenser is blocked and therefore overheating.

You need to make sure you unplug it first!!!! Then remove the approx 20 screws on cover to get at reset button.
  • jonjo41
    • 10th Dec 14, 8:14 AM
    broken beko dryer
    • 10th Dec 14, 8:14 AM
    Thanks ill give ot a try im desperate..
  • jonjo41
    • 10th Dec 14, 8:34 AM
    • 10th Dec 14, 8:34 AM
    No joy im afraid pressed the reset button but nothing as happened.
    • cyclonebri1
    • By cyclonebri1 10th Dec 14, 8:56 AM
    • 12,481 Posts
    • 5,148 Thanks
    cyclonebri1
    this is a budget brand[/B] and you get what you pay for,
    by
    You might also contact Beko to see if it's a known model fault, in which case they might offer something.But remember that [B

I think this is the nitty gritty of it, they really do seem to be bargain basement and I myself wouldn't spend further on it. It is the only brand I would ever say "avoid" about, having owned most over the years.

Pull it apart and remake all conections, it may just be that simple, there could also be a control board fuse either prior to or on the boards itself, check any of those out.
    I like the thanks button, but ,please, an I agree button.

Will the grammar and spelling police respect I do make grammatical errors, and have carp spelling, no need to remind me.

Always expect the unexpectedand then you won't be dissapointed
    • Bluenose5709
    • By Bluenose5709 22nd Nov 15, 7:46 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bluenose5709
    Hi,

Don't suppose anyone identified what the actual problem was with this?

I now have exactly the same issue
    • Rachaelt1234
    • By Rachaelt1234 17th Oct 16, 10:08 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rachaelt1234
    Beko dryer
    Sorry to bother you. Im now having this issue. Did you find out what it was

Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,378Posts Today

5,975Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Going to a very exciting premier right now... with Mrs and mini MSE, to the screening of "we're going on a bear hunt"

• No. Not a huge fan. Never claimed to be.Just a fan. And one who choose to prioritise family time with his little gi? https://t.co/lZ9uUylk2U

• I've just checked the score. You're right. What happened? https://t.co/5E7y52r47o

• Follow Martin