Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Goldiegirl
    • By Goldiegirl 7th Apr 14, 3:24 PM
    • 8,288Posts
    • 47,134Thanks
    Goldiegirl
    The Big Adventure
    • 7th Apr 14, 3:24 PM
    The Big Adventure 7th Apr 14 at 3:24 PM
    For the last week or so, Iíve been hanging around the MFW board, looking at peoples diaries, and adding a couple of comments here and there.
    One thing has struck me, that everyone is focussed on their goals, but is keen to be enjoying life while they are on their journey.
    Iím at a different stage of my life, as I paid my mortgage off a few years ago. But the things that all the MFW-ers are doing are the same sort of things that Iím doing in my preparations for my early retirement.
    I had wanted to start a diary at the start of this year, but felt a bit shy, as my mortgage had been paid off.
    What I did do was join the 2014 Frugal Living Challenge, which has been very helpful, and I thank everyone on that thread, which I will continue participating in.
    However, after reading the MFW diaries, I saw that there are people in the same life situation as me with diaries, so I realised that to a certain extent, MFW is a state of mind, as well as actually clearing a mortgage.
    With that thought in mind, I decided that itís the right time for me to start my diary. I want to keep all my thoughts in one place, as itíll be easier for me to refer back to later. Also, itíll be good for organising myself Ė I like a few lists, and at the moment my lists are ad hoc pieces of paper all over the house!
    If all goes to plan, this time next year will see me in my final days at work. I feel excited about the future, and feel Iím at the brink of a new stage in my life Ė hence the title of my diary, The Big Adventure!
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
Page 109
    • misscousinitt
    • By misscousinitt 22nd Sep 16, 1:50 PM
    • 3,235 Posts
    • 18,224 Thanks
    misscousinitt
    Hi Goldie

So pleased you had a good trip - sounds lovely.

Your investments sound very good - and I think you are very brave doing it yourself - but I think I will be the same.

Good to see you popping back on here - miss your posts.

MCI
    Mortgage Free x 1 03.11.2012 - House rented out Feb 2016
    Mortgage No 2: £100,144.64
    OP's to Date £1500

Renovation Fund:£944.75; Kitchen Fund (including re-wiring): £notalotleft; Roof Fund £5000.00
    Nectar Points Balance: £31.30
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,263Posts Today

6,642Users online

Martin's Twitter