Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 23rdspiral
    • By 23rdspiral 7th Apr 14, 8:58 AM
    • 1,927Posts
    • 12,619Thanks
    23rdspiral
    Anyone remember School Dinner Pink Iced Tray Bake? I'm hunting for a recipie..
    • 7th Apr 14, 8:58 AM
    Anyone remember School Dinner Pink Iced Tray Bake? I'm hunting for a recipie.. 7th Apr 14 at 8:58 AM
    Ahh, that pink iced tray bake from school... such very fluffy & moist plain sponge that it was barely there and had to be held down with lashings of bright pink icing with sprinkles!

... does anyone know the recipie? I guess I could try any plain sponge but that one was particularly fluffy and moist at the same time.

(I have googled & read over the Recipie collection here to no avail)
    Relax, Breathe, Love 2014 Challenges:Cross Stitch Cafe Challenger 23. Frugal Living Challenger. No buying cleaning products. I used MSE advice to reduce my car insurance from 550 to 325!! & paid it off in full!!!
Page 2
    • lulu2224
    • By lulu2224 27th Jul 15, 7:25 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lulu2224
    is this the recipe I'm hoping it is?
    [QUOTE=Dⅅ65191944]Right mum brought her book over and this is what she has down for it she says they were boring and did white icing tho lol
    6 oz marg
    6 oz caster sugar
    2 large eggs
    8 oz sr flour
    2 tblspns milk
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract

She said they used to have huge tubs of marg rather than butter at school that's why marg is used here but I'm sure it'd be fine with butter too.

They used huge mixers and quadrupled the recipe and did it as an all in one mix too.

Giger sorry no luck for your one she didn't recognise it I'm afraid so it may be a regional thing?

To make you all feel hungry she brought me over a batch of spam fritters too lol I love my mum!![/QUOTE

I'm looking for a cake recipe from my high school, it was a tray bake vanilla sponge cake that was either white or really pale yellow, really tall and fluffy and had white icing with sprinkles on... is this the same recipe?

Also, for he recipe you've given, what size tin? Round? Square? what oven temp? And Baking time?
    • lulu2224
    • By lulu2224 27th Jul 16, 4:11 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lulu2224
    D&DD could you please tell me for your mum's iced sponge recipe, what size/shape tin is need (for the recipe as it stands- without doubling or tripling the recipe), what temp is it baked at? And for how long is it baked? Thanks!
    Last edited by lulu2224; 27-07-2016 at 4:14 AM.
    • Crannard
    • By Crannard 22nd Sep 16, 11:17 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Crannard
    Chocolate concrete
    Anything in the recipe book on chocolate concrete.
    It looked like a brownie but was a lot firmer more biscuit than cake.
    I tried so many ways but I'm missing something.
    Thanks for your time :-)
    • p00hsticks
    • By p00hsticks 22nd Sep 16, 11:30 AM
    • 4,845 Posts
    • 4,238 Thanks
    p00hsticks
    Anything in the recipe book on chocolate concrete.
    It looked like a brownie but was a lot firmer more biscuit than cake.
    I tried so many ways but I'm missing something.
    Thanks for your time :-)
    Originally posted by Crannard
    http://www.littlestuff.co.uk/2011/02/sunday-recipe-school-dinners-chocolate-concrete/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,299Posts Today

7,398Users online

Martin's Twitter