Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mrs Z
    • By Mrs Z 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    • 866Posts
    • 844Thanks
    Mrs Z
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me?
    • 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me? 31st Mar 14 at 2:28 PM
    Well, we have now passed the 'mortgage application' and survey hurdle and searches are all done. As far as I know, our buyers should also have everything in order. We are now waiting for our seller to get to the same point as they found their house a fortnight after accepting the offer from us. It is nerve wrecking... anyone want to join me????!!!
Page 488
    • browneyone
    • By browneyone 17th Jul 17, 7:25 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    browneyone
    Meant to be exchanging tomorrow but the contract that was sent today at 1530 has a middle name on for me....i do not have a middle name but my partner does.
    • sazandy25
    • By sazandy25 17th Jul 17, 9:26 PM
    • 73 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    sazandy25
    Newbie here, but want to let people know what stage we are up to in this glorious process.... WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE THIS HARD

Offer accepted on ours- 10th May
    Offer accepted on our new house 20th May
    All searches back by end of June
    Chased solicitor on 3rd July for a possible exchange date, was told should be in next week or so, over a week goes past, nothing from them... rang them told all going to plan & will be in touch.... still nothing....on 14th July sent a proper strongly worded e-mail to estate agent (as they recommended the solicitor) stating in current situation everyone is in the position to walkaway etc & everyone would be out of pocket. That afternoon solicitor rings after having email forwarded to him, said he is waiting on some queries from the vendors solicitor but hasn't been able to get in touch since early June. Why state that all fine other times I've spoken to them? Was then asked if I was in contact with Vendor (which I am) & if I could ask them to get their solicitor to get in contact with him. Within 1 hour she was in contact with him.
    Why has something taken 6 weeks when it could of been solved in less than an hour if he had asked me before. Absolutely fuming
    • happytails
    • By happytails 17th Jul 17, 10:47 PM
    • 1,468 Posts
    • 9,148 Thanks
    happytails
    Wont be long til Im joining you here properly, accepted an offer today & had our offer accepted today for new house! Instructed solicitors - just awaiting a mortgage application with our MA -hopefully this week.

Offer received and accepted 17/07
    Our offer made and accepted 17/07
    Solicitors instructed 17/07

Our buyer is hoping to be in here in 6 weeks!
    Sarah, Mummy to Amber, Lucas and Evelyn.

Member No43 - % Challenge
    • betsycat
    • By betsycat 18th Jul 17, 10:09 AM
    • 94 Posts
    • 175 Thanks
    betsycat
    Apparently our vendors' purchase is ahead of ours, which is surprising/pleasing – their solicitor is s-l-o-wwwwwww... took 6 weeks to send the draft contract to our solicitor. But apparently their contracts are signed, they just have a couple of outstanding queries. Our solicitor said yesterday that he's expecting the searches back tomorrow, that he's been reviewing the paperwork they sent and that he'll send us the queries today that he's sending on.

I guess this is the part where we chase, chase and chase some more! Though perhaps an August completion isn't looking so out of reach...
    • goodwithsaving
    • By goodwithsaving 18th Jul 17, 3:19 PM
    • 478 Posts
    • 728 Thanks
    goodwithsaving
    Had the inventory forms and copy of deeds through today, only 10 days since my offer was accepted. My mortgage valuation is happening the same day as my buyer's survey so I am extremely anxious.
    My survey is then happening next week...........

I hate this process! Their solicitor seems efficient though which is positive.
    Every time you borrow money, you’re robbing your future self. –Nathan W. Morris
    • Glbooth3
    • By Glbooth3 18th Jul 17, 6:11 PM
    • 71 Posts
    • 86 Thanks
    Glbooth3
    Guys we've exchanged!!!! Woohooo!!!! I e been away since Friday morning on a fabolous holiday to can pastilla (kid free!) in a adults only hotel, absolutely beautiful, close to beach and had the perfect birthday, which also included my best friend/soul mate proposing to me! (I of course said yes!) got back early hours of morning, had a hectic slog of a day! Rang the solicitor about 3 for an update, to which he replied "we are half way through it, started not long ago, I'll ring you once finalised by close time today" so I waited with a lump in my throats until 10 to 5 when he called to say exchange all finalised!!! Completion 28th July we moving on the 29th, (hopefully won't be too stressful as we can drag it out all weekend, moving from rented, giving keys back the Monday, and we are only moving across road!)

Can finally open that bloody prosecco tonight!!!!!
    • temo_gemo
    • By temo_gemo 18th Jul 17, 8:24 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    temo_gemo
    So after being on the market since March we've accepted an offer on our house and we've made an offer on a new house which has also been accepted!

Now I need to find a conveyance solicitor - not sure where to start! I've got a quote from my EA but aware these aren't always the best priced.
    Any advice or recommendations?
    ~Good Luck Everyone~
    2014 Wins;
    Givenchy Very Irr!sistible Perfume (£52)
    Family Ticket to Alton Towers (£150)
    • houndour
    • By houndour 18th Jul 17, 10:18 PM
    • 115 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    houndour
    Congrats Glbooth3!

We've exchanged too! Removal company booked. And loads of phonecalls made for various things. Just the daunting task of packing now.
    • nikongirl
    • By nikongirl 18th Jul 17, 10:46 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 155 Thanks
    nikongirl
    Congratulations on all of the things Glbooth3! How exciting!
    Debt at LBM 3/14: £27661 £11878 | £500 Overdraft | £2275 Council Tax | £910 CCJ | £800 Overdraft | £1800 Marbles | £7580 5283 Egg | £14735 6155 Family
    Quidco Earnings 11/06-03/15: £330
    • happytails
    • By happytails 18th Jul 17, 10:55 PM
    • 1,468 Posts
    • 9,148 Thanks
    happytails
    Phone call with MA and documents submitted 18/07
    Mortgage application to be submitted by MA in morning 19/07

• karl1989
    • By karl1989 19th Jul 17, 8:12 AM
    • 38 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    karl1989
    Wont be long til Im joining you here properly, accepted an offer today & had our offer accepted today for new house! Instructed solicitors - just awaiting a mortgage application with our MA -hopefully this week.

Our buyer is hoping to be in here in 6 weeks!
    Originally posted by happytails
    That was a busy day on the 17th !
    your buyer is expectant to say the least, you will be very lucky if you get it signed sealed delivered in 6,
    we have a very small chain and we are in week 12.... and we were the last ones to make a move in the chain yet the first to be ready to sign, we have been waiting for weeks..... just goes to show if you chase your solicitor they get it done but our chain cannot be chasing.
    contracts signed but not excchanged, just waiting for those below us to sign them, and then hopefully with a bit of luck we can agree next Friday but still not optimistic
    Last edited by karl1989; 19-07-2017 at 8:19 AM.
    When the chips are down, go for broke and put them all on Red!
    • karl1989
    • By karl1989 19th Jul 17, 8:16 AM
    • 38 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    karl1989
    Guys we've exchanged!!!! Woohooo!!!! I e been away since Friday morning on a fabolous holiday to can pastilla (kid free!) in a adults only hotel, absolutely beautiful, close to beach and had the perfect birthday, which also included my best friend/soul mate proposing to me! (I of course said yes!) got back early hours of morning, had a hectic slog of a day! Rang the solicitor about 3 for an update, to which he replied "we are half way through it, started not long ago, I'll ring you once finalised by close time today" so I waited with a lump in my throats until 10 to 5 when he called to say exchange all finalised!!! Completion 28th July we moving on the 29th, (hopefully won't be too stressful as we can drag it out all weekend, moving from rented, giving keys back the Monday, and we are only moving across road!)

Can finally open that bloody prosecco tonight!!!!!
    Originally posted by Glbooth3
    well done!
    Birthday celebrations, cracking summer holiday, a marriage proposal and the contracts signed all in one week just to top it off....!!
    you better get a bigger bottle of prosecco... good luck with the move and congrats on the other..
    When the chips are down, go for broke and put them all on Red!
    • Lauralou79
    • By Lauralou79 19th Jul 17, 8:32 AM
    • 75 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    Lauralou79
    I completed nearly two weeks ago yet still find myself here reading other stories. Best feeling once it all happens after all the stress!!

Happytails: We were FTB no chain involved in a simple house buy no complications. We thought things could be tied up in 6-8 weeks. It actually took 12/13 and a lot of chasing and pushing solicitors. But good luck to your Buyers hope they have good solicitors!
    • LKRDN_Morgan
    • By LKRDN_Morgan 19th Jul 17, 9:22 AM
    • 241 Posts
    • 736 Thanks
    LKRDN_Morgan
    Searches all back, draft contracts signed and returned, deposit transferred. Fingers crossed we exchange today! Will report back
    • happytails
    • By happytails 19th Jul 17, 9:49 AM
    • 1,468 Posts
    • 9,148 Thanks
    happytails
    Lauralou & carl - yes it's pretty optimistic but we will do our best to get everything moving along.

There is our buyer (cash) and us buying (mortgage) the vendor we are buying from is moving into rented.

Xx

• betsycat
    • By betsycat 19th Jul 17, 9:58 AM
    • 94 Posts
    • 175 Thanks
    betsycat
    Woo congratulations Glbooth3!
    • betsycat
    • By betsycat 19th Jul 17, 2:21 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 175 Thanks
    betsycat
    We got the list of queries that our solicitor is sending over to the vendor's solicitor yesterday... along with the TA7 form that had a bunch of stuff about noise disputes with tenants upstairs and plans for soundproofing. I was sure the flat upstairs had been for sale earlier this year (with no mention of tenants), and our surveyor found soundproofing, so took a look... and the form was signed in April 2016. *facepalm* Must have been from the previous sale that fell through.

Needless to say, we've asked for more recent information!
    • cinek
    • By cinek 19th Jul 17, 2:34 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    cinek
    my process has been dragging since the 28th April. We were ready to exchange this week but all of the sudden we found out that the management company sold the leasehold to another company and need some more docs ;/ never buying another property again

should probably mention that there's no chain on both sides
    • Surrey_EA
    • By Surrey_EA 19th Jul 17, 2:42 PM
    • 1,023 Posts
    • 1,155 Thanks
    Surrey_EA
    my process has been dragging since the 28th April. We were ready to exchange this week but all of the sudden we found out that the management company sold the leasehold to another company and need some more docs ;/ never buying another property again

should probably mention that there's no chain on both sides
    Originally posted by cinek
    If you began the process on 28th April, you're not doing too bad. It's perfectly normal for the process to take 12 weeks, and can frequently take longer when the property is leasehold.
    • El_W
    • By El_W 19th Jul 17, 3:46 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    El_W
    Please help,

Accepted a cash offer on my flat back at the start of May. No chain on either of our sides so would naturally expect the sale to go through just a little bit quicker.
    On 26th June my solicitor sent out redemption figures to 'homes communities agency'. Would this be Help to Buy? They also re-requested for these figures last Friday. I phoned my solicitor today for an update and they said they still haven't heard back. It's been almost a month! Is there anything I can do?

I totally expected to be well out by now but apparently these figures once requested need to be sent to my buyers solicitor and back blah blah. I really need to be out but this ain't moving anytime soon and it's stressing me out to high heaven.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,769Posts Today

7,317Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin