Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mrs Z
    • By Mrs Z 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    • 866Posts
    • 844Thanks
    Mrs Z
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me?
    • #1
    • 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me? 31st Mar 14 at 2:28 PM
    Well, we have now passed the 'mortgage application' and survey hurdle and searches are all done. As far as I know, our buyers should also have everything in order. We are now waiting for our seller to get to the same point as they found their house a fortnight after accepting the offer from us. It is nerve wrecking... anyone want to join me????!!!
Page 467
    • dancing_star
    • By dancing_star 18th Jun 17, 12:54 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 118 Thanks
    dancing_star
    Oh, how well do I know about the long line of things to stress about. For me, it's currently the building survey.

    Have you had the approval folder thingy that I got? If so, I would try not to worry, stress about something else instead!
    • toc25
    • By toc25 18th Jun 17, 1:34 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 155 Thanks
    toc25
    Yes I have the approval thing, with the big yes on it. Just got it back out and read the whole thing to make sure I hadn't missed anything

    The only thing it could be is that on the valuation it mentions that the valuation is based on having all the relevant building regs and permissions for the extension and removal of wall. So I wonder wether they have requested that stuff and needed to check it?

    I'm going to just try not to think about it and like you say, stress about other stuff for now. We are waiting to hear about our buyers survey. Hoping he doesn't try and drop the price. Ahhh so stressful.

    What's happening with your building survey? Have you had it or are you waiting for it? Hope it's ok for you.
    • dancing_star
    • By dancing_star 18th Jun 17, 2:50 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 118 Thanks
    dancing_star
    Building survey was done at the same time as the valuation, was done Wednesday 14th. I had the call from mortgage adviser on Friday that mortgage approved, and the paperwork Saturday. Survey results should come early this week!
    • toc25
    • By toc25 18th Jun 17, 3:40 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 155 Thanks
    toc25
    Hope it's all ok then, mine had a few things on that need sorting but mainly I think surveyors just like to cover themselves for everything and it can sound worse than it is. Good luck, fingers crossed it won't be too long.
    • Glbooth3
    • By Glbooth3 19th Jun 17, 7:24 AM
    • 41 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    Glbooth3
    Hopefully get an exchange date today! Asked solicitor by email late Friday but no response so wait to see what he says

    Good luck to everyone waitin still! Good vibes sent for the followin week!
    • cherryx3x3
    • By cherryx3x3 19th Jun 17, 9:03 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    cherryx3x3
    Well we are at the solicitors today to sign everything!


    Fingers crossed we can exchange this week!


    Good luck everyone!
    • bounderboy
    • By bounderboy 19th Jun 17, 11:31 AM
    • 67 Posts
    • 135 Thanks
    bounderboy
    Finally I feel we are very near exchange.. Solictor just confirmed that he has received date from Vendor for completion of 14th July, a date we compromised too, so just waiting for completion statement so I can transfer funds. I would hope the exchange this week but let's see..
    • Slinky
    • By Slinky 19th Jun 17, 3:08 PM
    • 4,229 Posts
    • 17,283 Thanks
    Slinky
    Draft contracts will be sent to us this week for signature. Have proposed exchange on 10th July and completion 17th.
    • cherryx3x3
    • By cherryx3x3 19th Jun 17, 3:53 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    cherryx3x3
    Well been to solicitors, didn't go as smoothly as I anticipated. A few things have cropped up that fingers crossed can be resolved quite quickly. One thing they are concerned about is the road in the estate still being "private" even though the house is now 11 years old.


    Feel like we have hit a brick wall again, I'm probably being overly worried but cant help it!
    • LuckyG
    • By LuckyG 19th Jun 17, 3:59 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 125 Thanks
    LuckyG
    Contacted my solicitor today to find out what's left to do before exchange. There's a few enquiries they're waiting to get back from the sellers solicitor and then we should be able to exchange.

    I'm hoping to hear more this week, feels like it's taking forever
    • Neonitrix
    • By Neonitrix 19th Jun 17, 4:27 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Neonitrix
    First Time Buyers
    Offer accepted on the 20th May and we are starting to get concerned as its been over 4 weeks since we have had our offer accepted we had valuation done and have full mortgage approval for the amount offered. But 4 weeks later no contact from the sellers solicitor regarding draft contracts despite ours writing to them twice.

    I have also had 3 calls for an update ignored from the Estate Agent responsible for selling the property.

    Beginning to wonder what's going on
    • Olive3
    • By Olive3 19th Jun 17, 4:30 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    Olive3
    Still silence
    I think its all over. Our buyer knew the absolute deadline (placed on us by the builders of the house our sellers are buying) was Friday. There was an outstanding query which was resolved Friday morning, but she said she wanted the weekend and would update today. We contacted our solicitors who are chasing her solicitors, but they haven't heard from her today. Our sellers on Friday said they would pull their contracts if it didn't exchange today.

    10 weeks after offers accepted, all searches carried out, paint colours picked - the buyer seems to have changed their mind, that's the only explanation I can think of.

    Hope everyone else has better luck
    • toc25
    • By toc25 19th Jun 17, 5:13 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 155 Thanks
    toc25
    That's awful I reply hope that the seller is just bluffing to put pressure on. You have to remember if they pull out they have to put it back on the market and start all over again. So hopefully they will give you a bit of time to get some answers. Good luck
    • Glbooth3
    • By Glbooth3 19th Jun 17, 6:21 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    Glbooth3
    Aw no olive3 that's awful I would be hitting the roof! Could it be lack of communication from solicitors do u think? They just don't get the urgency sometimes and I bet in the past a few sales have gone to pot due to solicitors not responding etc even though they have the info! I've had to chase mine today due to not replying to my email I sent Friday, on phone he said he would get back to me end of day and guess what, heard nothin, so I'm going to bug him again in mornin ��
    • smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 19th Jun 17, 7:59 PM
    • 3,219 Posts
    • 23,917 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    Poor you Olive.

    Have contracts to sign, just need to get them witnessed (the transfer doc anyway).
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 19th Jun 17, 8:51 PM
    • 3,326 Posts
    • 16,247 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    Conveyancers wanted to exchange today, but haven't had confirmation from sellers side. Hoping we will get contact and exchange tomorrow.
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!
    June NSD's 14/20
    EF Challenger #36 £1300/£4000
    / Lose weight 16.2 / 20lbs
    • bounderboy
    • By bounderboy 19th Jun 17, 8:55 PM
    • 67 Posts
    • 135 Thanks
    bounderboy
    First Time Buyers
    Offer accepted on the 20th May and we are starting to get concerned as its been over 4 weeks since we have had our offer accepted we had valuation done and have full mortgage approval for the amount offered. But 4 weeks later no contact from the sellers solicitor regarding draft contracts despite ours writing to them twice.

    I have also had 3 calls for an update ignored from the Estate Agent responsible for selling the property.

    Beginning to wonder what's going on
    Originally posted by Neonitrix
    It isn't a good start.. I assume you had a Statement of Sale? Too many tales of Vendors just sitting on offers.. Need to find out what there next steps are ASAP.. EA shouldn't ignore you
    • smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 19th Jun 17, 9:28 PM
    • 3,219 Posts
    • 23,917 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    Exciting Raphael!
    • AprilR
    • By AprilR 20th Jun 17, 9:28 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    AprilR
    Still no update 😞 But we went to see the house again yesterday and we're really excited. It needs a good clean and repaint, which we just want to get on with. Ended up with cobwebs on me by the end of the viewing 😂. Hope everyone else is having good news this week.
    • Branchini1979
    • By Branchini1979 20th Jun 17, 9:39 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Branchini1979
    AAARRGGHH!!! We are 13 weeks in, yes 13 weeks and only today do i find out from my solicitor that still awaiting from further queries from local search from vendor's solicitors which whilst annoying, also was expected but the curve ball i was given was that also buyer's solicitor still awaiting queries from further down chain the other end!! WHAT!! I said as i was told and believed that my buyer had sold way before they bought my place and that they were in a position where they had no chain so i am so annoyed now! 13 weeks in and god knows when i will exchange now and really upset with buyers but also my own solicitor for not saying anything earlier!!! NEED A DRINK!!!
    Originally posted by Branchini1979
    Approaching 15 weeks in now and it still continues
    We were told that all parties had all paperwork complete and we were just needing to confirm completion dates before we exchange, so finally got a bit excited and then was told 2 more annoying things.
    1) Oh no sorry, there are still outstanding queries on your vendors ongoing purchase (empty building was meant to be quick)
    2) Your vendor has now gone on a 10 day holiday!

    I made no plans in June and now seems i could have done stuff. Have made Plans in July thinking i would be in the new house by then but now losing heart.
    TRYING TO KEEP FAITH
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,765Posts Today

8,594Users online

Martin's Twitter