Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mrs Z
    • By Mrs Z 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    • 866Posts
    • 844Thanks
    Mrs Z
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me?
    • 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me? 31st Mar 14 at 2:28 PM
    Well, we have now passed the 'mortgage application' and survey hurdle and searches are all done. As far as I know, our buyers should also have everything in order. We are now waiting for our seller to get to the same point as they found their house a fortnight after accepting the offer from us. It is nerve wrecking... anyone want to join me????!!!
Page 466
    • Mr da
    • By Mr da 16th Jun 17, 4:43 PM
    • 71 Posts
    • 100 Thanks
    Mr da
    Yay just exchanged, massive thanks to everyone on this site, especially this page. There have been times (a few) that I felt like saying I'll stop here and give up on the whole, but finally got there.
    Anyone else going through it, try not to stress as much as I did about things you can't change. And good luck
    Complete next Friday
    • Olive3
    • By Olive3 16th Jun 17, 5:41 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Olive3
    Congratulations to all that exchanged today - well done, you must be relieved!

We finally heard from our buyer's solicitor, our buyer had been on holiday this week. There was a couple of outstanding questions which have been answered so I thought we were there. But now, there is a disagreement over deposit held as agent. It seems that the builder of the new build our seller is buying requires this, and our buyer is not comfortable with this. I've tried getting an answer from our solicitor over what this is exactly, and why we need to do it this way but had no reply. This came to light at 15:00 today, so won't be resolved this weekend, Still feel like we are no further forward, and we will lose our buyer....
    • LuckyG
    • By LuckyG 16th Jun 17, 6:26 PM
    • 113 Posts
    • 105 Thanks
    LuckyG
    Well my survey is done and I've had the report, my solicitor has also been sent a copy.
    Occupiers form sent back, signed the draft contract.

What else before exchange? I've emailed my solicitor today to ask but didn't have a reply. It was 4.30pm on a Friday though so I can't moan too much
    • browneyone
    • By browneyone 16th Jun 17, 7:28 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    browneyone
    I know I'm asking a veauge questions but when can we expect to exchange? Our purchase is not in a chain and the property empty.

Mortgage was instructed on the 12th June.

Seems we are STILL waiting on local authority searches.

Need to put my notice in on my flat.
    • Glbooth3
    • By Glbooth3 16th Jun 17, 8:43 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    Glbooth3
    Local authority searches tend to take a few weeks, 4 days really isn't long. Mine was instructed on 8th may but we still avnt got an exchange date
    • browneyone
    • By browneyone 16th Jun 17, 10:06 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    browneyone
    They got requested on the 23rd May
    • smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 17th Jun 17, 6:16 AM
    • 3,197 Posts
    • 23,809 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    Well done MrDa. Come back with your moving day story!

Lucky has everyone had mortgage offers? All enquiries answered?
    • BiBi
    • By BiBi 17th Jun 17, 8:16 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    BiBi
    Yay just exchanged, massive thanks to everyone on this site, especially this page. There have been times (a few) that I felt like saying I'll stop here and give up on the whole, but finally got there.
    Anyone else going through it, try not to stress as much as I did about things you can't change. And good luck
    Complete next Friday
    Originally posted by Mr da
    Congrats!!!!!!

I should be just a week behind you. Scheduled to exchange on Friday and complete the Friday after.
    • Nikkinakkinoo2017
    • By Nikkinakkinoo2017 17th Jun 17, 8:25 AM
    • 87 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    Nikkinakkinoo2017
    Guys we completed today!!!!!! Thanks for all the support received on this forum!
    Originally posted by hounsehunterftb
    Brilliant. Happy new home I hope it is full of happy times and plenty of love x
    • Glbooth3
    • By Glbooth3 17th Jun 17, 9:47 AM
    • 38 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    Glbooth3
    That's still not that long really, I know on Tuesday we was still waitin for two of ours to come back and we instructed before you. My letting agent has been really good to be fair and starting this month I can pay on a weekly pro rata basis and when it gets down to it can even pay daily. I've been open with them from beginning tho with regards to moving out
    • SquirrelRM
    • By SquirrelRM 17th Jun 17, 4:02 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    SquirrelRM
    Congratulations to all those that have exchanged, it's a wonderful feeling although I don't yet have the excitement of completion looming as we are moving to a new build! X
    • LuckyG
    • By LuckyG 17th Jun 17, 4:56 PM
    • 113 Posts
    • 105 Thanks
    LuckyG
    Well done MrDa. Come back with your moving day story!

Lucky has everyone had mortgage offers? All enquiries answered?
    Originally posted by smallholdingsister
    There's no chain, I'm buying a vacant property and I've had my mortgage offer for a few weeks

I think all enquiries have been answered, the only one I heard about about was whether we wanted to keep the water meter. I'm going to phone the solicitor Monday afternoon if I don't hear by then.
    • smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 17th Jun 17, 5:23 PM
    • 3,197 Posts
    • 23,809 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    Can you even get rid of a water meter once it is installed?
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 17th Jun 17, 5:55 PM
    • 3,319 Posts
    • 16,172 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    South West Water say no
    If you were the applicant for the meter installation you have a legal right to ask to revert to rateable value charges within 24 months of the date on which the meter was installed or within one month of receiving a metered bill based on a reading which confirms the volume of water used at the property within the first 24 months.

If you are the new occupier of a property where a meter has been installed you will not be able to pay unmetered charges even if the previous occupier used their right to revert.
    Not sure on other jurisdictions thou
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!
    June NSD's 11/20
    EF Challenger #36 £1250/£4000
    / Lose weight 14.6 / 20lbs
    • smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 18th Jun 17, 10:55 AM
    • 3,197 Posts
    • 23,809 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    I didn't think so.

I have just made a list of things to do once exchanged.
    • LuckyG
    • By LuckyG 18th Jun 17, 10:59 AM
    • 113 Posts
    • 105 Thanks
    LuckyG
    I have no idea, I received an email from the EA agent informing me that he had a call from the vendor asking if we want to keep the water meter.
    I said it can stay as it is.

Obviously the vendor and EA aren't aware that the water meter can't be removed then

So this wasn't a solicitors enquiry, just a general question asked by the EA & vendor.
    Last edited by LuckyG; 18-06-2017 at 11:22 AM.
    • toc25
    • By toc25 18th Jun 17, 11:37 AM
    • 138 Posts
    • 143 Thanks
    toc25
    Anyone else getting their mortgage from Natwest? I got my mortgage offer a week a go and on the mortgage tracker it said they had reviewed the valuation just before they issued the offer. Yesterday I signed back in to the mortgage tracker (wish I hadn't now) and on the 16th they had added a note saying they are reviewing the valuation this is on stage 4 not the valuation stage. Why in earth would they be reviewing the valuation again a week after they have issued the offer? Should I be worried?
    • dancing_star
    • By dancing_star 18th Jun 17, 12:24 PM
    • 71 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    dancing_star
    I'm getting mortgage from Natwest. I've no idea about the mortgage tracker, not sure what it is, not sure about stages either... think I'll stick my head in the sand on that one!
    I just had the approval yesterday, a folder through the post with YES written on the front.
    I'm still waiting the building survey but the approval has the mortgage valuation included in it.
    Hope things work out for you
    • smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 18th Jun 17, 12:36 PM
    • 3,197 Posts
    • 23,809 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    Fingers crossed toc.
    • toc25
    • By toc25 18th Jun 17, 12:42 PM
    • 138 Posts
    • 143 Thanks
    toc25
    It's really weird, I have my mortgage offer from them, got it in the post, they have even posted it to my solictor so why they would start looking at the valuation again I don't know. The valuation was the exact price I am paying for the house. Just another thing to stress about in a long line of things
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,386Posts Today

7,962Users online

Martin's Twitter