Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mrs Z
    • By Mrs Z 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    • 866Posts
    • 844Thanks
    Mrs Z
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me?
    • #1
    • 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me? 31st Mar 14 at 2:28 PM
    Well, we have now passed the 'mortgage application' and survey hurdle and searches are all done. As far as I know, our buyers should also have everything in order. We are now waiting for our seller to get to the same point as they found their house a fortnight after accepting the offer from us. It is nerve wrecking... anyone want to join me????!!!
Page 463
    • LuckyG
    • By LuckyG 12th Jun 17, 5:56 PM
    • 118 Posts
    • 110 Thanks
    LuckyG
    No further news here yet,

    I'm at the stage where I've signed and sent back my draft contract, I've also scanned and sent my closing statement for my help to buy ISA to the solicitor.
    My homebuyers survey was done today (was a bit of a delay) so I'm hoping to hear back about that soon.
    • Mr da
    • By Mr da 12th Jun 17, 6:28 PM
    • 72 Posts
    • 103 Thanks
    Mr da
    Well just back from the conveyancer, signed all paper work ready for exchange hopefully Friday, my buyer and vendors still to sign there's. Hopefully complete next Friday or the Friday after. Feels real now but won't be popping any corks until the other two in the chain sign. Ps thanks for the advice to take down proof of where funds are coming from Bibi and smallholdingsister
    • houndour
    • By houndour 12th Jun 17, 6:39 PM
    • 100 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    houndour
    We're just waiting. Waiting for everything. Mortgage offer, survey results and errr...that's it I think. It feels so much worse than just 2 things, but that's 2 pretty big things
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 12th Jun 17, 6:47 PM
    • 3,320 Posts
    • 16,179 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    Statement has arrived by email this morning (moments after my chasing email).
    Giftees have popped their respective monies in my account, and now there is a scarily large amount of funds sitting in my bank ready for me to pay.

    I'm going to pay tomorrow, as I want to give them a call just to double check their bank details (as advised in their email)
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!
    June NSD's 11/20
    EF Challenger #36 £1250/£4000
    / Lose weight 14.6 / 20lbs
    • Glbooth3
    • By Glbooth3 12th Jun 17, 6:55 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    Glbooth3
    Rang solicitors today for update, he's hopin to tie it up by end of month eeeeekkk!!! we are on holiday mid July and it would be ready to complete before then
    • Doinfine
    • By Doinfine 12th Jun 17, 6:55 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Doinfine
    Good luck!!
    • Nikkinakkinoo2017
    • By Nikkinakkinoo2017 12th Jun 17, 7:07 PM
    • 87 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    Nikkinakkinoo2017
    definitely if nothing else left to do. surely fingers crossed. Have you signed your readiness for exchange?
    Originally posted by hounsehunterftb
    No we haven't signed anything since the initial instruction to solicitors. Counting down to the 29th June for this booming search. You must be so excited to complete xx
    • sultanabran
    • By sultanabran 12th Jun 17, 7:53 PM
    • 151 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    sultanabran
    T-minus 12 days until I move. My buyer told me yesterday that his solicitor told him that the paperwork for concluding the missives was posted out that day. His solicitor never uses fax for paperwork so we have to wait until Monday.
    Originally posted by sultanabran
    Phoned my solicitor today to check if they received the paperwork. They did, except they had the date down as sometime in July, even though my solicitor has told them repeatedly its 22nd June!

    I won't be concerned if it wasn't for the fact that my buyers solicitor seems so inefficient.

    If solicitors were in any other business, they would be out of business in a heart beat! Never dealt with an industry so inept.
    • Jb_1982
    • By Jb_1982 12th Jun 17, 9:14 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Jb_1982
    So I'm at the point now where I've had an offer accepted, a mortgage in principal sent to estate agents. The only thing is the vendor hasn't found a property, they don't want to rush or pressured either. I'm worried they're gonna pull out of the sale!!

    I also have a buyer for my property and they're ready to get going!!

    Can see how it's so stressful now!! Any tips.
    • starshapedbrick
    • By starshapedbrick 13th Jun 17, 8:58 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    starshapedbrick
    So I'm at the point now where I've had an offer accepted, a mortgage in principal sent to estate agents. The only thing is the vendor hasn't found a property, they don't want to rush or pressured either. I'm worried they're gonna pull out of the sale!!

    I also have a buyer for my property and they're ready to get going!!

    Can see how it's so stressful now!! Any tips.
    Originally posted by Jb_1982
    We were in exactly this position a few months back - and we've had a few wobbles and worries along the way but really patience and honesty is the best way to go. And don't get stressed about the things you can't do anything about!

    Make sure your buyers know that there is a chain, and make sure your vendors know that you are committed. But at the same time keep looking - and be realistic about how long you (and your buyers) are prepared to wait. Keep in touch with your agent and solicitor - we found it helpful to keep in touch with our vendors agent as well so we could keep updated on their search. I think the most important thing for us was holding our nerve - our chain took over two months to complete, our buyers didn't seem to understand what a chain was and started asking for completion in March (!) - there were definitely times when we thought it would all fall over (it still might!) but after what seemed like an age of waiting and being ready, the final steps came together very quickly and now we are less than two weeks out from our proposed completion. It's very easy to get worked up and upset, especially when you are waiting, but I have tried hard to take the emotion out of it, and I think that has made me more focused on getting through the process, making best use of the professionals who are getting paid to deal with this, and not having this take over the whole of my life for 6 months!

    Good luck and hope it all works out for you!
    • cherryx3x3
    • By cherryx3x3 13th Jun 17, 12:52 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    cherryx3x3
    So our EA have been on the phone this morning to say solicitors are going to call to arrange an appointment to go in and sign.


    Should we not have had a draft contract with fixtures and fittings etc first?


    We are FTB so are a bit clueless as to what the stages are.
    • tiredoflife
    • By tiredoflife 13th Jun 17, 12:58 PM
    • 178 Posts
    • 303 Thanks
    tiredoflife
    Cherry - Yes, you would normally, but the solicitor will probably go through it with you all at the time of the appointment.

    We have just sent our CHAPS payment for the completion, all received by solicitor, Monday can't come soon enough!
    • Neonitrix
    • By Neonitrix 13th Jun 17, 1:00 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Neonitrix
    Offered on a house on the 20th May offer was accepted and we got our solicitor sorted / mortgage was approved on the 7th June, we are still awaiting draft contract to our solicitor
    • starshapedbrick
    • By starshapedbrick 13th Jun 17, 1:37 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    starshapedbrick
    Finally able to join this thread - accepted an offer on our house 20 weeks ago this week, and found ourselves at the lower end of a slow moving chain. Sale has been ready to go since late March but we are now caught up and working for completion on the 26th, with exchange next week
    Originally posted by starshapedbrick
    Might have jinxed it with this one..top of the chain has collapsed and our vendors have lost their purchase. Going to wait and see what they decide to do but looking at Plans B and C just in case
    Last edited by starshapedbrick; 13-06-2017 at 1:37 PM. Reason: spelling
    • katiec85
    • By katiec85 13th Jun 17, 1:40 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    katiec85
    our conveyancer has put in the certificate of title request we are now eagerly waiting to complete on friday with a nationwide mortgage i would like to ask though do nationwide re credit check you at this stage? i am annoyed with my partner for going out and "surprising me" buy getting a great deal on a bed we had been looking at on sunday. He got 0% finance as it was too good to turn down, even though his credit score is excellent i am worried this £1500 finance is going to have a negative effect on the completion date? any help reassurance would be much appreciated
    • Lu_equi
    • By Lu_equi 13th Jun 17, 3:37 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Lu_equi
    I am still awaiting the seller to send his initial contract paperwork back since April time , he has had holidays, stag dos, other various excuses ! We have given a deadline now of Friday this week for them to be returned or we are pulling out - Solicitor has been assured by the seller that they are coming this week!!.


    @Katiec85 - We was advised not to take ANY credit out what so ever before completion? I have known friends to be checked at the final stage and then others who haven't so I think it all depends. Fingers crossed you will be fine
    • bounderboy
    • By bounderboy 13th Jun 17, 7:59 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 120 Thanks
    bounderboy
    Right.. after Sunday the Vendor springing on us that June Completion not possible for them and telling us Beginning of August is more convenient because of kids birthdays..

    We are now at offer of backstop 28th July completion which we have rejected but offered 14th July as alternative which they need a couple of days to see if they can make happen.. had to set the wife on the Estate agent to get this far..

    Estate agent let us all down but letting both us and vendor being on a completely different expectation of completion.. She said that person has left and we should have got in writing... Wife informed her "we have because you sent it to us"..

    SO stressful fingers crossed for a successful conclusion this week...
    • smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 14th Jun 17, 4:19 AM
    • 3,205 Posts
    • 23,826 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    Fingers crossed Bounderboy. Waiting on a mortgage offer which can't be sent due to a computer glitch...
    • DumbMuscle
    • By DumbMuscle 14th Jun 17, 11:39 AM
    • 137 Posts
    • 143 Thanks
    DumbMuscle
    This is so frustrating. I know that the survey on the next house up in the chain is happening today, so there can't be any significant update until the end of the week at least, but I just want to chase things and keep it moving! (11 weeks from offer, 6 weeks until end of tenancy
    • bounderboy
    • By bounderboy 14th Jun 17, 11:41 AM
    • 61 Posts
    • 120 Thanks
    bounderboy
    Fingers crossed Bounderboy. Waiting on a mortgage offer which can't be sent due to a computer glitch...
    Originally posted by smallholdingsister
    Mortgage offer was the easy bit for me.. had within two weeks of offer.. I am not sure much happened with solicitors until this was secured as quite important part of puzzle.. and don't want to cost you money if refused..
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,739Posts Today

7,097Users online

Martin's Twitter